The best class in cata

lindenkron said:
@Conrose

I have a Survival Hunter and Frost mage on PTR atm.

First off, pet isn't going to be all that. Yes, it's an additional nova, and it's "out for eternity until killed". But the pet has 427 hp (1-hit for most classes) and hits something along the lines of 47 dmg every 2 sec. Also it breaks sheep (at least on PTR). What is amazing is trolling troll + lifeblood haste and killing someone is a nova as frost(but I guess arcane would be just as effective).

Hunters ... auch, how to I begin. The nerf we'd all hoped for isn't quite a nerf. And yet it is a nerf. You: WHAT?! YOU'RE NOT MAKING ANY SENSE!

Well, let me explain.

My hunter isn't even proper geared, since it's still wearing a lot of int gear. Yet I'm hitting 200~ and critting (more often than not) 400~ with arcane shot. Arcane shot is 25 focus and you have 100 focus. This means, that within a few globals a hunter can kill most targets (if not healed etc) with pure arcane shot spam. Regardless of specc. You: Ye AND?! Nothing new!!!!. Well that's the thing. They're still OP as F* especially in large numbers due to the high range dmg. But. First off: Pet took a major nerf the other day, went from 1300 -> 700 hp. 2ndly, the most important thing is that hunters once they have used their focus for "burst potentional" are left having to cast with Steady shot, to gain focus and to do dmg. THIS is a very fragile state for a hunter to get in, making them nerfed in that specific time frame, but still more than OP in the rest, especially if teamed up with other DPS(such as a rogue). Explosive shot isn't worth it's focus compared to arcane shot. Arcane shot is burst and higher dmg at half focus cost, and half GCD.

God.. that turned in to a wall of text

You: YE and I DIDNT READ IT. But I'll still comment on it!

This is just my experience anyway. It's up for debate! :p

Best regards,

I'm not the skimming Huntard you know. The reason I find myself looking at BM as an effective spec is because Intimidate allows for more effective kiting and buying more time for Steady Shot spam rather than burning all your focus on Arcane Shot spam. Not as bursty as MM, but alot easier to keep up the snares and regenning focus... that's the theory at least. In other words, BM in the hands of anyone who doesn't faceroll will be a terrible pain to try to counter. MM in my mind will be the spec you want to try to pair up with some sort of CC class so they can spend more time and focus on Aimed Shot than they do Conc Shot.

If Explosive shot truly is gimped as you say it is, and does suffer from doing less damage for more focus than Arcane Shot, then it really cannot be saved.

Now, the changes to pet utilities is very interesting, and I'm curious as to how many "Active" pet slots a Hunter will have access to by 19. If it's even just 2, the tactical and strategic value of pet switching for a powerful buff is intriguing.

P.S: I was among the first who suggested that the Focus change would be a mixed blessing.

Users who are viewing this thread