The 19 Rogue Weapon Enchants Topic

Rayu

OG
I think we need this topic to keep the rogue weapon enchant discussion in one place. Sticky or no sticky, please don't post any more topics on this.

We can all agree on this when it comes to rogue weapon enchants;

The best option depends on not only DPS output or raw calculations but also on

• play-style
  • situation
  • your personal skill

Feel free to disagree but it's what I conclude after months of re-enchanting, calculations and reading topics.

The options are:

• Agility
  • Lifestealing
  • Fiery Weapon
  • Icy Chill
  • Crusader
  • Superior Striking
  • Unholy Weapon
  • Fiery Blaze Enchantment

I'm not going to discuss PvE enchants here.

FAQ

Q: Is the proc rate for weapon enchants reduced for the OH weapon?

A: No, even though your OH weapon will make less swings than your MH in PvP most enchants work with a PPM system.

Q: What's PPM?

A: Proc Per Minute. E.g. Fiery has 8 PPM, meaning it procs ~8 times a minute. Therefor it's different in calculations than an enchant with 5% proc chance, as that would give weapons with high speed an advantage over slow weapons and you OH would have less procs than your MH.

Q: Can the proc off Fiery Weapon crit? And Lifestealing?

A: Fiery can crit for 150%, Lifestealing cannot.

Q: Is Fiery damage calculated as fire damage? And how about Lifestealing?

A: Yes, the Fiery proc is calculated as fire damage, and fire resistance counters it (partialy). Lifestealing deals shadow damage.

Q: How often do these enchants proc? What's the PPM?

A: These are estimations; Fiery 8, Lifestealing 8, Icy Chill 4, Crusader 1, others I have to look up.

Q: Will the Crusader proc stack if I have Crusader on both weapons?

A: Yes, MH and OH can stack, MH can't stack with a second MH proc.

Will add more later if needed. Also, feel free to correct - this can't be flawless.

Thanks for reading. =]

Wow, really great idea making a whole new thread. This will help me, and I'm sure a whole lot of other people out.

Thanks man, for now I have nothing to add, great job.

Aight, im gonna do something thats gonna make alot of people mad at me, but hey, its friday and im in a GREAT mood so take a deep breath and lets experiment:

Icy chill as a stricly MH chant can be good.

Think about it. It cant be dispelled, it keeps your target nice and close. Sure, it doesn't proc as often as fiery or LS but when it does go off you can almost feel the nerdrage comming off the other guy.

As a priest, i particularly remember this one rogue i would always arena against. SCRUB. omg scrub. so hard. but you know what? he could kill me with such ease it was disgusting. i could outlast and outlast but when icey went off and i couldnt los for a bandage i cried. big nerd tears. it hurt alot.

Morel of the story? run sfk for a butchers slicer real quick, slap on a icey and try it. The results might suprise you.

Grunge said:
Aight, im gonna do something thats gonna make alot of people mad at me, but hey, its friday and im in a GREAT mood so take a deep breath and lets experiment:

Icy chill as a stricly MH chant can be good.

Think about it. It cant be dispelled, it keeps your target nice and close. Sure, it doesn't proc as often as fiery or LS but when it does go off you can almost feel the nerdrage comming off the other guy.

As a priest, i particularly remember this one rogue i would always arena against. SCRUB. omg scrub. so hard. but you know what? he could kill me with such ease it was disgusting. i could outlast and outlast but when icey went off and i couldnt los for a bandage i cried. big nerd tears. it hurt alot.

Morel of the story? run sfk for a butchers slicer real quick, slap on a icey and try it. The results might suprise you.

Can't agree with you more... Icy is THE enchant for FCing on a rogue, but also insane vs. mages, locks, priests and hunters.

Rayu said:
Can't agree with you more... Icy is THE enchant for FCing on a rogue, but also insane vs. mages, locks, priests and hunters.

~made a blog post~

lets see what people think

Grunge said:
~made a blog post~

lets see what people think

I respectfully disagree. As a rogue your main job is DPS. The proc rate on icey is too low to warrant dropping the xtra dps gain you get from fiery or agility.

Gouge is your CC. And more readily available than the rare icey proc.

Imp. gouge saves lives.

Xäo said:
I respectfully disagree. As a rogue your main job is DPS. The proc rate on icey is too low to warrant dropping the xtra dps gain you get from fiery or agility.

Imp. gouge saves lives.

Gouge breaks the moment your enemy takes damage. A priest will most likely use Psychic Scream, a mage will use Frost Nova and hunters will use Wing Clip. They won't get away as fast when under the effect of Icy proc, you might deliver 1 or 2 extra blows while they're slowed. Anyways - Gouge, Kick and Icy all serve different purposes.

It's not the solution to every rogue's problem, I'm not claiming that at all. But yes I do think it beats all other enchants at least for FCing as it's the only one with a decent defensive/slowing proc. For dueling this will be a great enchant too, as no one will expect you to use it really... I've never seen any rogues using it.

Xäo said:

Imp. gouge saves lives.

I respect your opinion, but let me explain my stance a bit further:

As a rogue you already do pretty great damage regardless of enchants. Of course, you will definitly be losing dps, but you wont be standing toe-to-toe with someone wailing on them.

People will be moving, snaring, slowing, kiting. Icey limits that range someone can move by a noticable bit.

in one situation someone might have moved out of your range (i.e. it doesnt matter how much dmg you can potentially do if you cant hit em.) icey will slow them down so you can stay directly on your target, for longer periods of time.

For me, the arguement for this chant is comparable to that of the boots enchant, do you get minor speed or hard stats? Of course, most everyone will tell you minor speed is a must. If thats so then we can assume movement speed is pretty important, and we must be missing something if we have a chant that reduces movement speed (undispelable too) and yet noone uses it.

At any rate, with all the travel changes being introduced to the game soon, its a chant that ought to be re-evaluated.

Has anyone ever done the math on the Icey proc rate? I've never seen it posted anywhere. I think that's the main problem people have with it. It just doesn't proc enough to make it useful.

Xäo said:
Has anyone ever done the math on the Icey proc rate? I've never seen it posted anywhere. I think that's the main problem people have with it. It just doesn't proc enough to make it useful.

I THINK it's 4, but not sure... I've seen articles on it but the info might be outdated.

Xäo said:

its proc is just a bit low. If your weapon is slow as balls (like a slicer at 2.9) you'll see it work more often. Id be willing to bet the rogues that said it didnt work well were dagger spec.

Every rogue should have every weapon permutation available in their bag for MH and OH weapons. That way you don't have to decide what is the best to get because you will have every possible good combination of weapons.

There wouldn't be enough Shadowfangs mate... For now I'll really have to chooe.

hey guize i liek 2 put beest slayur on my roge waepons so i can kill huntar pets more easeir

Icy has the stigma of being a twat. just like skeletal club , it dosn't matter how good it acctualy is it just seems like a poor man enchant till he gets enough for agil. I had icey on my main hunter while leveling and tbh never helped one bit but looked good =p.

gr1pp said:
He obviously wasn't talking about terribad semi-twinks like yourself.

So you're saying you have a Shadowfang for every possible enchant lying around? In that case - yes, you're allowed to say that. Otherwise click my armory before insulting me, as we are talking gear-wise here.

Rayu said:
So you're saying you have a Shadowfang for every possible enchant lying around? In that case - yes, you're allowed to say that. Otherwise click my armory before insulting me, as we are talking gear-wise here.

Yep its a night elf rogue called Cliché. Anyway i tried icy on rogue with CB and BS proc seemed like NONE. LS/Crus/15agi/fiery are imo MUUUUCH better enchants, depending on the situation you're in. Itemrack/outfiter ftw.

Users who are viewing this thread