That cursed fish.

Yann

Legend
With over 2,700 fish caught in that cursed pond, and close to 20 Stendel's Bane having shown up, I was wondering if anyone had tips on how to proper fish up Stendel's Wedding Band. (i.e, bots? *cough cough*), or if the item is even worth it anymore, other than how much it hurts my pride.

try wearing a fishing hat in real life

it sounds extreme but I assure you it will improve your chances by a lot

Ugh.. bots.

giphy.gif

So you're willing to break the terms of service agreement by glitching precious' ribbon onto your character, yet you revolt at the mention of bots. Don't try to act innocent.

On topic: I recommend Wild Catch.

Im not acting innocent. I got precious ribbon myself, it took me time. There is no bug ivolved - players can get into raids just like anyone else.
Botting however is unacceptable for me - it's plain cheating. You can call it harmless, it's only for fishing / getting honor at bgs / mining and herbalism! It doesn't collide with anyone's gameplay!
I hate bots and I say it every time. You and others probably don't care about my opinion, but your signature says exactly:

" I truly enjoy the art of competing so much more than the result"

what kind of competiton is that if you are cheating?

Im not acting innocent. I got precious ribbon myself, it took me time. There is no bug ivolved - players can get into raids just like anyone else.
Botting however is unacceptable for me - it's plain cheating. You can call it harmless, it's only for fishing / getting honor at bgs / mining and herbalism! It doesn't collide with anyone's gameplay!
I hate bots and I say it every time. You and others probably don't care about my opinion, but your signature says exactly:

Actualy, wow takes alot of time, its not that you are challenging a friend, who gets it first, if you do , ya ok. But if you just want your toon to be BiS, you want to do it fast, people have jobs, real life, not only wow. If thats your opinion , im completely fine with it. But i really dont like farming things like fishes, they are the most annoying thing ever. Ive tried to farm LFH on my druid and other characters, it was truly a pain for me. And in the moment i really needed my old crafty-- there was this amazing guy, Rapido. I was like, ohh, finalyy!!!
A true competition is doing some organized arena event and participating! This is my opinion, thanks.
Oops: Happy new year :) !

I don't agree with any botting except fish botting, only because fishing rng is mad stupid. The bots don't fish pools either, from what I understand from the bot I use, so it's just fishing still water. I have no patience, nor the time, to sit at my computer for a few hours at a time clicking a bobber, it's only the potential of getting what I want. Botting other stuff, such as bgs, is constant reward without effort; that is something I do not agree with.

As Lenny stated above: Happy new year :) !

Stendel's Ring is next to worthless.

At the very least it is gimmicky. Even allowing that DPS calculations don't always adequately capture the essence of PvP, in that burst performs - by its nature - poorly in such calculations, the lack of Primary Stats is shooting the wearer in the foot.

But at least it looks cool.

please just calm down

Pretty much this.

I've even spoken to a GM and had it confirmed that having Precious Ribbon is fine, and there is no glitching involved.

People just like to grasp at strings. :)

As for Stendels..I dunno. I've used it before on P2P level 11/14s. But eh. I tried on my warrior for months and ended up with near 50 banes, no ring.

Users who are viewing this thread