[Test Your Strength] hints

Nidana

Legend
So, DMF is up again.
I started to think of any possibilities to get those 250 grisly trophies in a faster way than farming dungeons/BGs and could barely remember any places with instantly respawning level 16+ mobs, but then I got an idea.
Works only for those who haven't quested much in Northern Barrens.
You'll want to complete the Kolkar quest chain until you've got Counterattack! - Quest - World of Warcraft unlocked.
Right after you pick up this quest the crowd of centaurs will spawn throughout the place. They can easily get killed by any level 20 twink. Kill everything in the area, drop the quest, pick it up again. Rinse and repeat.

However, I've completed that one already and wanted to know if any of you guys got similar ideas how to get this stuff done.

Fray Island.
Kill everything you see on the island, including both buildings and the ship (I save the ship for last).
Respawn time is relatively fast. You can never clear the entire island.

dunno if these are the best places but they seem quick enough

alli - gnolls in redridge at the three corners

horde - mobs in wc (before the actual instance)

there were 2 places I used to do the Test Your Strength quest

west of Ratchet, where the raptor infested area, when I need to gather skin for LW, or I need to re-supply my Curiously Tasty Omelet food buff. spawn rate rather fast. very few competitor.

if I'm feeling lazy i'll go North of the Dreadmist Peak, I position myself at the middle of the ramp. i'll alt-tap read something, If I hear some fighting(with background sound on), there should be 1~3 orc fighting me and i'll burst them down, heal up, alt-tab, repeat.
its slower, but I don't need to go on look for them, they come to me.
they drop potion of swiftness too and other low level transmog set too

I haven't tried the other ways listed, but I just go to Hillsbrad Foothills and back and forth across the shore to the south below the Ruins of Southshore killing the murlock looking things. By the time you get to the end of one side and start running back the other way everything has already respawned and there are plenty of mobs close together. Not sure how long it takes, this last time I did a couple dungeons for dmf items and bg'd inbetween, but I'm guessing it would only take around an hour.

I usually go to Fray island and a place in Redridge killing gnolls where the spawn are relatively really fast

Kill murlocks in that little place where a giant rare elemental stands. They spawn REALLY QUICK.

for me, the easiest way to get them is by killing the gnolls to the east near the murloc spot suggested in redridge. once ya kill a certain number of them, 2-3 spawn instantly when you wipe them out.

redridge-murlocs.jpg

Redridge Mountains. There are fast spawning murlocs, half of them with about 300 hp, around lvl 16.
I'm curious as to if these mobs have a chance to drop swift pot recepie would be a nice spot to post a ranged dps and just bøt for the thing.

I'm curious as to if these mobs have a chance to drop swift pot recepie would be a nice spot to post a ranged dps and just bøt for the thing.

This location is the one that I also farm every DMF, for a few years now, and I haven't seen the swift pot recipe drop here. I've seen a fair amount of scouting and bard's gear though, for the leather transmoggers. My contribution is only anecdotal, but there you have it.

Farmed a lot of mobs there and nope - no Swiftness Potion recipe. My drops were always in that first room of Shadowfang Keep.

I went to try Fray Island. The respawn rate there is pretty good, yeah, but I got tired running around after like 50 kills.
Then I decided to go solo RFC in hope to get Swiftness along the way.
After I got 250 trophies and no Swiftness, I brought my p2p to boost me through RFC. Done it for about 30 times - the recipe hasn't dropped yet. Sad, huh.

P.S. I've only seen the recipe drop three times. All of them were in SFK, 2/3 were in the chests.

Users who are viewing this thread