Test this please

/run print( GetModResilienceDamageReduction() )

Im at work I can't do it but someone copy paste this in game and see if resilience is granting stats or not please?

I need to test that anyways, ill try it on my stacked resilience 85 dk! ty for the macro, ill let you know if it works

/run print( GetModResilienceDamageReduction() )

Im at work I can't do it but someone copy paste this in game and see if resilience is granting stats or not please?

Says i have -0 resilience :(

I tried this with my 90 priest and it said-------- [18:23:30] 35--------
I was using full prideful gear, and when checking the stat of every item there is not even a sign of a resilience stat on any piece, however when I check the armory the old trinket bonus is still in which sais that you are granted 5280 resi if 2x are equipped, whilst on live it sais you take 10% less dmg from players.

So you're saying the BOA trinket is actually granting stats how about other pieces?

Yes resilience still grants stats, it's just so low that it's basically pointless. Think it was 0.1% dmg reduction per resi at level 19. Didn't test 29. The actual script for it is:
/run print(GetCombatRatingBonus(16))
On a 24 with 13 resilience this gives me the result: 0.8855089 etcetcetc.

Not pointless that you wouldn't want inherited over regular insignia

Wait, stats > no stats? Who'da thought ;)
I did say 'basically pointless'.

It's not a stat worth considering, in other words.

With 20 resilience at level 29, you'll shave off about 1% damage taken.
This results in a 1000 crit, turning into a 980 crit.
Each stamina at level 29 gives 24 health.

So I'd take 1 stam > 20 resilience, personally.

The value of resilience is so low, that even constant high crits can't outweigh having a, any amount, of higher stamina.

-lindenkron

Last edited by a moderator:
i would also like to know that as i have a couple of resistance pieces i need to test

reposting resistances

Code:
/run for i=1,6 do local r=select(2,UnitResistance("PLAYER",i)) print(SCHOOL_STRINGS[i+1]..": "..r.." ("..string.format("%.2f",ResistancePercent(r,UnitLevel("PLAYER"))).."%)") end

edit: fixed

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for that!

Looks like +5 resist all was nerfed to +4 resist, though it occasionally bugs out and shows +1 resist on the tooltip. All the other specific resist chants were nerfed severely so that they're worse than resist all. Probably a BIS enchant for fighting Spriests.

Users who are viewing this thread