[TBC Classic] Blood elves not BiS in WSG?

Anexa

Veteran
I planned to reroll Horde to be a blood elf for the racials + good looking :oops:

especially the all resist for lower brackets

unknown.png

BUT @Xyth the European e-parkour God streamed a classic TBC sandbox server yesterday

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/961482389

and it looks like blood elves (both male and females) gets stuck in the alliance fence A LOT.. which makes me wanna cry :( i am no longer sure if I want to reroll... I don't know what to do anymore.

Will they still be a good twink race or what's your opinion?
[doublepost=1616685121,1616671545][/doublepost]Okay, had to try it myself and it isn't too bad. Just not as smooth as human/undead/orc female

....I've calmed down now... :oops: :rolleyes:

also, if I can do it, then you can do it. I pretty much just learned how to jump XD

You didn't say what class you want to reroll blood elf. As good as BE silence is, in my opinion it is outclassed by undead and post nerf orc. That is if you care about being BiS. If you are playing paladin there isn't a choice of course.

It works best for melee. Warrior can't be BE and it's hard to justify BE over undead rogue. Wotf does not get nerfed until wrath.

As for alliance fence, that isn't much different than what male models have to deal with. This will bother some try-hard players. We already see the lopsided gender ratio in classic pvp.

I would argue that BE is definitely stronger for a reason people don’t mention. Although WoTF is still good in PUGs and I will ALWAYS be fem UD no matter what, WoTF is quite situational. If you’re the type of rogue that needs to reliably solo return in premades, BE 100%. No one thinks about the fact that kick costs 25 energy in tbc, Arcane Torrent is free and costs no energy, as well as the obvious of being an ape blanket interrupt.

Although I do love being able to cannibalize in stealth and cannibalize in combat, this is TBC, you can easily drop combat and then eat in stealth.

Also fem UD is notoriously worse at jumps than BE, however fem UD can go between the pillars in BEM Arena.

Hope this is somewhat useful in whatever you consider doing.

If I think kick might matter, I keep that energy open, if it ends up not being needed I use it to finish them off with nothing lost! : )

Being able to shrug off a hard CC is way better than not having to keep energy open until you can finish them off.

If I think kick might matter, I keep that energy open, if it ends up not being needed I use it to finish them off with nothing lost! : )

Being able to shrug off a hard CC is way better than not having to keep energy open until you can finish them off.

I’ll always be UD for the aesthetic but the blanket silence with no cost is nearly always better in my opinion for a premading rogue. As a rogue in premades you are only ever on O or D (rarely) and should pretty much never be in mid (aside to slow) WoTF sees a lot of use in mid during pugs due to fearbomb and locks.

The more in-depth premade look is this: SS is 40/100 energy (45 w/o impSS), gouge is 45/100, kick is 25/100 and slice and dice is 25/100. So basically you can ambush open, torrent, and within the gcd of 1.5s you regen enough energy to follow up with a slice and dice sinister stike on your next global followed then by arcane blanket falling off, then you gouge (5.5s incapacitation) ss + bomb, and during the 4s cast of bomb you’re 100% energy for sinister strikex2 or x1 + slice and dice depending on how you play it. So basically you can’t be fear bombed by priest standing on EFC which is pretty much the only thing ever worth using WoTF on. Regular lock fear shouldn’t really happen to you tbh between LoS, gouge, kick etc, your main cc concern during a return attempt should be nova, HoJ, poly (minor recrombulator or eat it for a restealth) spamstring, r1 frost bolt spam and you have trinket for those. TBC just started so premade meta isn’t 100%, but lock should be rotting on offense anyways.

All subjective, do whatever you want, I was still able to solo return a lot in premades when I didn’t even have torrent, but I’ll say I almost never have had to WoTF on an offensive open in an actual premade and a blanket silence would have been used every single go.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread