Synthax 24 Resto Druid Guide

You might want to put some different gear sets in there. In my opinion, crit is very bad as a Resto Druid, haste will benefit you much more. Also, the healing you gain from the extra spell power enchants on your gloves/bracers will give you minimal benefit.

If you look at haste, it will gives much, much more benefit, as you can pass the haste break points for your Rejuv + Reg will cast much faster. Sitting at 1s cast Regs is much more beneficial than sitting on 1.8s Regs. The Reg might heal for 1k, but a normal Reg will heal for like (iirc) 600 most of the time. This means that you can almost cast 2 Regs in the time you normally use to cast 1 Reg. + the extra ticks from Rejuv will benefit you much more.

Also, crit chance, the word says it, gives you a chance to heal more. As a healer you don't want to base your healing on chance, but on a certainty. Also, in my opinion, hurricane is by far the best weapon enchant for a Resto Druid. The best would be swapping between them, but if you have only access to one weapon hurricane is the best enchant.

Also, I think that you undervalue spirit. As a Resto that is always in the mid, making sure everyone is topped off, oom will set in. This is more the case when you stack haste, but can still happen with crit.

Furthermore, as F2P's never really stick to the tactic and are usually spread around the map, if you run from group to group to keep them all up, you need them fast heals. Crit stacking just won't cut it. Also in burst, and you don't have lifebloom up, you won't be able to heal enough quickly. Some of this may be countered by other healers in the BG, but I never rely on an other healers in the BG, as usually they are pretty much useless.

There is a part where I wrote about the enchants that is about haste enchants and I know lots of people play with it and it might be better but if you want me to add some different gear sets with potential haste on it could you maybe give me a few names of items to use then ?

You might want to put some different gear sets in there. In my opinion, crit is very bad as a Resto Druid, haste will benefit you much more. Also, the healing you gain from the extra spell power enchants on your gloves/bracers will give you minimal benefit.

If you look at haste, it will gives much, much more benefit, as you can pass the haste break points for your Rejuv + Reg will cast much faster. Sitting at 1s cast Regs is much more beneficial than sitting on 1.8s Regs. The Reg might heal for 1k, but a normal Reg will heal for like (iirc) 600 most of the time. This means that you can almost cast 2 Regs in the time you normally use to cast 1 Reg. + the extra ticks from Rejuv will benefit you much more.

Also, crit chance, the word says it, gives you a chance to heal more. As a healer you don't want to base your healing on chance, but on a certainty. Also, in my opinion, hurricane is by far the best weapon enchant for a Resto Druid. The best would be swapping between them, but if you have only access to one weapon hurricane is the best enchant.

Also, I think that you undervalue spirit. As a Resto that is always in the mid, making sure everyone is topped off, oom will set in. This is more the case when you stack haste, but can still happen with crit.

Furthermore, as F2P's never really stick to the tactic and are usually spread around the map, if you run from group to group to keep them all up, you need them fast heals. Crit stacking just won't cut it. Also in burst, and you don't have lifebloom up, you won't be able to heal enough quickly. Some of this may be countered by other healers in the BG, but I never rely on an other healers in the BG, as usually they are pretty much useless.
What is the haste break point? And do you think this haste > crit etc, applies to boomies as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the haste break point? And do you think this haste > crit etc, applies to boomies as well?

The way to calculate wether you're getting an extra tick is by using this formula:

Spell Duration / ( Base Tick Time / ( 1 + Haste % in decimal form)) = amount of ticks (rounded up)

So for Rejuvination, in order to get another tick you need:
12 / (3 / 1.125) = 4.5 = 5 ticks, which would need 12.5% Haste.

To get another tick from Regrowth you need:
6 / (2 / 1.167) = 3.501 = 4 ticks, which would need 16.7% Haste

To get another tick from Swiftmend you need:
8 / (2 / 1.125) = 4.5 = 5 ticks, which would need 12.5% Haste.

These are the Haste breakpoints which you have on a level 24 Druid. It is useless (in terms of getting ticks) to stack Haste if you're below a Haste breakpoint, or above one. The only thing the Haste will be affecting, if not the ticks, is the cast time of Regrowth (and Entangling Roots and Wrath).

A list of the first five breakpoints (since I'm bored):
Rejuvination:
12.5% Haste = 5 ticks
37.5% Haste = 6 ticks
62.5% Haste = 7 ticks
87.5% Haste = 8 ticks
112.5% Haste = 9 ticks

Regrowth:
16.7% Haste = 4 ticks
50.0% Haste = 5 ticks
83.4% Haste = 6 ticks
116.7% Haste = 7 ticks
150.0% Haste = 8 ticks

Swiftmend:
12.5% Haste = 5 ticks
37.5% Haste = 6 ticks
62.5% Haste = 7 ticks
87.5% Haste = 8 ticks
112.5% Haste = 9 ticks

If you don't believe these numbers, do the math.

As for wether Haste > Crit for Boomies aswell, I have no idea. I don't play a Boomie and thus I do not have the knowledge to comment on the matter. Maybe [MENTION=10714]Mesikämmen[/MENTION] can answer that question for you.

Haste>Spirit>Stamina>Intellect>Spellpower?>Crit

This.

Honestly though, for pugs, you don't need to stack that much spirit, as long as you have 188 mana to chest.

This is the set I like to use:

Idiote @ Mal'Ganis - Community - World of Warcraft

To comment on the soft caps that Whatgoesup posted: although gearing for soft cap at end game makes sense, you can never stack enough haste at low levels, especially when the healing meta is all about prehealing burst and being able to keep up your target who's constantly bouncing from 100 to zero, for an extended duration. By far the strongest stat as a healing class.

Crit has never been good as resto. Would prioritize every stat > it, tbh. Regrowth crits almost all the time and that's your main/burst heal. Also chance is a gimmick so yeah.

Didn't catch this the first time I skimmed through the thread.
1zyvvrb.jpg

The way to calculate wether you're getting an extra tick is by using this formula:

Spell Duration / ( Base Tick Time / ( 1 + Haste % in decimal form)) = amount of ticks (rounded up)

So for Rejuvination, in order to get another tick you need:
12 / (3 / 1.125) = 4.5 = 5 ticks, which would need 12.5% Haste.

To get another tick from Regrowth you need:
6 / (2 / 1.167) = 3.501 = 4 ticks, which would need 16.7% Haste

To get another tick from Swiftmend you need:
8 / (2 / 1.125) = 4.5 = 5 ticks, which would need 12.5% Haste.

These are the Haste breakpoints which you have on a level 24 Druid. It is useless (in terms of getting ticks) to stack Haste if you're below a Haste breakpoint, or above one. The only thing the Haste will be affecting, if not the ticks, is the cast time of Regrowth (and Entangling Roots and Wrath).

A list of the first five breakpoints (since I'm bored):
Rejuvination:
12.5% Haste = 5 ticks
37.5% Haste = 6 ticks
62.5% Haste = 7 ticks
87.5% Haste = 8 ticks
112.5% Haste = 9 ticks

Regrowth:
16.7% Haste = 4 ticks
50.0% Haste = 5 ticks
83.4% Haste = 6 ticks
116.7% Haste = 7 ticks
150.0% Haste = 8 ticks

Swiftmend:
12.5% Haste = 5 ticks
37.5% Haste = 6 ticks
62.5% Haste = 7 ticks
87.5% Haste = 8 ticks
112.5% Haste = 9 ticks

If you don't believe these numbers, do the math.

As for wether Haste > Crit for Boomies aswell, I have no idea. I don't play a Boomie and thus I do not have the knowledge to comment on the matter. Maybe Mesikämmen can answer that question for you.
Most elaborated answer I've gotten in a while, thanks man!

How much haste rating for 1% haste den? ;)

To comment on the soft caps that Whatgoesup posted: although gearing for soft cap at end game makes sense, you can never stack enough haste at low levels, especially when the healing meta is all about prehealing burst and being able to keep up your target who's constantly bouncing from 100 to zero, for an extended duration. By far the strongest stat as a healing class.
Haste is most certainly the best stat there is for a Resto Druid at this point in time, but I do think you can stack enough Haste at a certain point. But I guess it also comes down to your play style and who you play with. I mean, I would never trade my 24 Stam on my gloves for 10 Haste in a pugging situation, however, in a premade I might. Hence there is a limit to stacking Haste, if it means giving up other stats, depending on the situation. On a side note, why no Hurricane on weapon?

Most elaborated answer I've gotten in a while, thanks man!

How much haste rating for 1% haste den? ;)

Well, since Stormscale has a queue atm (yay) I cannot access my Resto druid, so taking the stats from Idiote's armory:
44 / 14.3 = 3.07606264 = 3 Haste rating for 1% Haste. I'm getting the same number from other Resto Druid armories, so it appears to be the right number.

Haste is most certainly the best stat there is for a Resto Druid at this point in time, but I do think you can stack enough Haste at a certain point. But I guess it also comes down to your play style and who you play with. I mean, I would never trade my 24 Stam on my gloves for 10 Haste in a pugging situation, however, in a premade I might. Hence there is a limit to stacking Haste, if it means giving up other stats, depending on the situation. On a side note, why no Hurricane on weapon?

I wasn't being literal when I said you can't stack enough. I just meant that it's okay to gear over soft caps but ya, obviously you don't want to purely stack haste in slots where you can stack 24 stm, ect.

As far as my weap enchant goes, I prefer 30 baseline sp > the random 12s haste proc that only procs once per minute. For weapon swaps I go Jade Spirit when my mana drops to 20-25% and when my fc has several stacks, I throw in Hurricane.

Taking all this in consideration going to get a few haste enchants and try it out and maybe re-write some stuff in the guide. Ty for tips and stuff as long as it is constructive :)

This is just one I use for self-rejuvenating, sometimes it can mess up if you have a friendly player as target or w/e:
Code:
#showtooltip Rejuvenation/cast [@(insert player name)] Rejuvenation
You don't have to put your name into that macro, @player works just fine.

For the wild charge macro:

#showtooltip Wild Charge/cancelaura Bear Form
/cancelaura Cat Form
/cancelaura Travel Form
/cancelaura Moonkin Form
/cast Wild Charge

add
/use Battlestandard
/cast [target=Battlestandard] Wild Charge

Extremely useful if you could place it on second floor, jump down, then charge back. Or put it above graveyard, something like that. (Haven't tested it tho since I always use DB. Would be a nice trick if wild charge can be used this way)

Btw I have this travel macro (for my 90 druid)

/cast [mod:shift] !Cat Form
/cancelform [nostance:2,nostance:4]
/stopmacro [flying]
/cast [swimming] !Aquatic Form; [flyable,nocombat] !Swift Flight Form; [noflyable][combat] !Travel Form

Anyone knows how to change it so that I can use cat form when I am indoor (currently shift click this macro for cat form =s)?

[MENTION=22831]morphym[/MENTION]

if i think about it later, ill post my druids speed macro.

It powershifts automatically to travel outside, kitty inside, and mounts you if you want.

no modifier clauses too which i like

A better mouseover macro template for everything is /cast [target=mouseover,exists] Rejuvenation; Rejuvenation

that macro doesn't drop your current target in case you're say cc chaining and you still can heal just as fine. I suppose it's personal preference but the macro I just listed is much more efficient in my experiences as you can still weave in roots or moonfire's without having to move your mouse an extreme amount from where your grid is.

Users who are viewing this thread