Survivability Trinkets/Consumables

Dietz

OG
As a hunter, I am lacking in methods with which to save myself from death. At the moment I am stacking attack power and stamina, but I'm looking for ways to restore health or remove debuffs.

There are the obvious items (Health Potions, Battlemaster Trinket), but what about others?

health pots, battlemaster trinket, deterrence (double deterrence), FD, traps, entanglement, bandaids, mage food, uhhh idk what else. stack pure stam or sta/agi (if you arent already stacking agi...you said ap which could mean either pure ap or agi).

my hunter has been getting PVP geared by turning in the T6 badges for S2 merciless gear, so far still need shoulders and a helm, but making due with a T5? forest prowler helm. as my resilience went up, so did my survivability and find myself enjoying 70-79 brackets alot now. i also decided to take a diifferent route than my ingame friend who has a 70 hunter also. right now my hunter is in 13000 to 14000+ range on HP, he also has 375 mining stam and 375 skinning bonus. crit around 32%

i went with:

- head enchant that has stam/res from shattered sun qm

- wrist enchant is 40 stam instead of 44 AP

- boots 15 stam/MS instead of others

- when i get a better set of shoulders S2 or S4, i'm gonna go with stam/res enchant from PVP vendor, for now just using cheap 18 stam

- most gems are AP/Stam

my friend used his T6 to get gronnstalker items, he is AP/crit stacked (44% crit) he likes his player in 61-70 AV, but gets wiped super easy like 2-3 hits in 70-79 brackets and doesn't really play those other than getting a call to arms win for 25 arena points. overall the higher AP and crit doesn't really do much unless in a pack like you get in AV and can't stay alive long solo or in 1 vs 1 situations with DKs, paladins etc. when we have gone in together in 70-79 brackets, i'm most of the time near the very top and hes is much farther down, due to spending alot of time in res. in arenas, he gets alot of damage but dies first 90% of the time.

i'm at the point of dropping my skinning, bonus is not worth it IMO, and picking up herbing and taking that to 450 on a wotlk trial. a 3000 heal can be a lifesaver over a extra 1-2% actual crit and you can use fel blossoms that absorb damage. 450 mining will give 60 stam bonus.

As much as I appreciate your helpful post Shanker, I am looking for trinkets/consumables specifically and not gearing/enchants/class abilities. I know there are a lot of items to be found off the beaten path that can be used in battlegrounds.

Users who are viewing this thread