Sunday Funday: Aerie Peak

Activate

Legend
12PM Pacfic Time
You may join from another server provided we are able to facilitate a crz invite. Please indicate this desire beforehand.

- WPvP
- Premades
PuG tournament courtesy of Izac!​
- Arenas
- Terrain Jumps
- Achievements
- Exploration
- PvE

The desired outcome of this project is renewed interest in teamwork, diversity, healthy competition and camaraderie across the community.

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts: That font sucks.

My thoughts: That font sucks.
I don't see a problem with the font, only text colors. And regarding colors, if colors were set to the "automatic" colors for this forum, we more clearly get an interesting idea for AP players:
I'd like to see people get together before the fishing contest on Sunday. If we begin the habit of coming early for the contest we can make multiple uses of that peak time. The collective effort made for that hat is one shared by the heart of this community. I believe organizing and encouraging teamwork around this will bring us together.

I propose we gather 2 hours before the contest every Sunday. I would like to see players distribute themselves evenly across either faction and meet up for WPvP. The destination need only be clear of adds and agreed upon during the week. When able, I would like to invite people from other servers via CRZ.

What we need to make this happen:
One Raid Leader per faction.
Communication between factions.
Friendly players.

This type of activity will surely renew interest in teamwork, diversity, healthy competition, camaraderie and friendship. Areas that could see direct activity as a result are large WPvP events, Arenas, Premade vs Premade and general Premades.

As the nature of the bracket fluctuates so must we. Please share your thoughts.

I would like a small competition of AP horde and alliance taking over Gurubashi. Only when there's no 90s to ruin it

​I'd like to see people get together before the fishing contest on Sunday. If we begin the habit of coming early for the contest we can make multiple uses of that peak time. The collective effort made for that hat is one shared by the heart of this community. I believe organizing and encouraging teamwork around this will bring us together.

I propose we gather 2 hours before the contest every Sunday. I would like to see players distribute themselves evenly across either faction and meet up for WPvP. The destination need only be clear of adds and agreed upon during the week. When able, I would like to invite people from other servers via CRZ.

What we need to make this happen:
One Raid Leader per faction.
Communication between factions.
Friendly players.

This type of activity will surely renew interest in teamwork, diversity, healthy competition, camaraderie and friendship. Areas that could see direct activity as a result are large WPvP events, Arenas, Premade vs Premade and general Premades.

As the nature of the bracket fluctuates so must we. Please share your thoughts.

Good luck!

Thank you for your input regarding the visuals everyone!

I would like a small competition of AP horde and alliance taking over Gurubashi. Only when there's no 90s to ruin it

This a great idea which we have made use of before. Specifically regarding Sunday Funday, I don't believe Gurabashi would be a good venue considering STV will be populated with 90s as you mentioned.

Edit: There are other arenas to use; as well as open space with low interference from mobs or guards.

Last edited by a moderator:
could we wpvp near crossroads somehow?
I would imagine so! There are plenty of safe areas and Ratchet is an easy trek for both factions. Mulgore and Ashenvale are also close.

I also think that Nagrand arena is also a good place for this...it's mostly vacant,easy to get to and gy is a bit closer than the gurubashi one

I also think that Nagrand arena is also a good place for this...it's mostly vacant,easy to get to and gy is a bit closer than the gurubashi one
GY locations are definitely a concern. If two people volunteered as dedicated resurrectors that would save some trouble.

GY locations are definitely a concern. If two people volunteered as dedicated resurrectors that would save some trouble.

I'm pretty sure that alliance and horde Res in the same spot and if I remember correctly the gy is almost next to the arenas enterance

I have edited my original post quite a bit. I do not want this to be pigeon holed into one area.

I'm pretty sure that alliance and horde Res in the same spot and if I remember correctly the gy is almost next to the arenas enterance
I added some links you might find interesting under WPvP.

I've made another large update.

Sounds cool. I'm in for any of those ideas if this pans out for some Sunday.

Thank you for indicating your interest [MENTION=20517]Pooh[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19372]Seawasp[/MENTION]!

Unfortunately I'm going to miss this Sunday. (I know..) See you on the 9th!

You have some great ideas Activate. I hope people get around to do them with you. AP is not what it used to be... More like a do your own thing type of place.

Mage made is a go in 7 minutes. Not sure what we'll do from there. :D

Today was a blast! Thanks to Sabzep, Magiccandy, Blinka and Cryogenix for the excellent 5man mage premade to start out. 2:3 not bad! :D

I missed last week and started 2 hrs early today. I must be dialing it in. We continued with an 8 man consisting of 1 guardian druid and 7 heals. We ended up turreting in mid and lost to last cap. Deserved :p After that we did an all hunter premade that somehow [MENTION=9499]Felix[/MENTION] missed out on... It was as faceroll as you would expect. I believe some people continued with an all stealth premade. All in all we had a great time and tried some interesting things. I'm looking forward to future Sundays with you all and am very excited to see where this goes!

Users who are viewing this thread