Sub/Sub Rogues counter Hpal/Druid. Roll your rogue naoooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask the druids I keep killing why they stay indoors and are so bad. Just don't hate on rogues because you don't know how to play the class anymore lol. Everyone keeps coming up with hypothetical ways good druids are unkillable without realizing that 90% of the druids are bad.

*cough* Thakiii cough*

If you can't kill a druid on your rogue then you aren't doing it right. Solo kill indoors, always. Need 1-2 players to kill outdoors just like pally.

Just sayin'. I'm not trying to convince people to go rogue for no reason, what would I accomplish by doing that? From what I've seen/done, it works.

It absolutely does work. But I see where Dubbs is coming from as well.

Rogues can wreck druids, indoors and outdoors. Granted when they are outdoors it shouldn't happen. Lolmovementspeed. But it does and can. One game I returned the flag 9 times solo versus a druid FC (with his healers) before he even hit midfield. I've also survived a double rogue opener on my druid, multiple times, while FCing. So it can go both ways.

As for any other healers, Rogues do extremely well. Sometimes you just need to bide your time for that 1k+ Evis crit for the one shot ^_^. Good luck surviving that long if RNG is not in your favor.

Additionally, I do die a lot more now than before on my Rogue. The damage (of course) and the lack of ShS/Gouge/Sprint/movementspeed! hurt.

Ask the druids I keep killing why they stay indoors and are so bad. Just don't hate on rogues because you don't know how to play the class anymore lol. Everyone keeps coming up with hypothetical ways good druids are unkillable without realizing that 90% of the druids are bad.
90% (more like 99% druids are bad) who doesnt know that? but since this thread is sounding like rogues can beat good druids, i jumped in and argued. I dont know how to play the "new" rogue?...... all you have to spam is hemo.. what so hard? everyone would agree that rogue's skill cap got lowered. dont talk like that.

and saying rogues got nerfed is hating? feral druid got nerf. Now i hate feral druids?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think having less skills and spells means you have to pay more attention to timing, positioning, and "court awareness" (well battle awareness or wtv), since you don't have a lot of skills and spells to bail you out in a tight spot.

Your method looks good and I shall try it out, but I think that any druid that doesn't run off in bg's and take advantage of supertravel form and powershifting outside is just plain not taking advantage of their class, and just heard somewhere that they were now OPewpewpew

You're basing rogues not being nerfed by going against people who are obviously bad at their class? It's like saying the Red Sox are amazing because they can beat a tee ball team.

I think rogues are funner (especially combat) but don't try and tell me they counter druids; nothing counters hpals.

I'll start playing my rogue until they get sprint or some sort of mobility, this is class A retarded.

Sub is nice, but I can do the same thing in Mutilate spec. Not to say Mut is better, but it is a viable alternative. Unlike Cata, all specs of rogue are viable. Sub only stood out because of its superior(misspell?) burst damage and mobility. Now mutilate has the kick it needs, and I can generate 5 Cp's in 3 GCDs with Shadowfocus. to each his own though

so you can kill bad druids that nobody cares about. lol.

This thread is exactly what I've told every rogue complaining in game. Nightstalker is very hard to pass on with the nerfed mobility, but I could never give up sub/sub with the bracket in its current state. Its the strongest counter to Holy Pallies other than moar Holy Pallies. Once they're fixed I'll be more open to playing around with it (the other specs/talents seem fun and absolutely viable), but right now I need to put bad HPals and druids in the GY as often as possible. Sub/sub not only has two ambushes, but the first one procs Find Weakness. FW is HUGE for that second ambush and the 5 cp Evisc.

This is not a professional bracket. An orange or pink name doesn't magically make skillpatch hunter rerolls good at this game. We're talking about FotM rerolls in the home bracket of some of the worst players this game has to offer. There are a lot of bad druids and pallies right now. Rogues kill bad druids and pallies. Ergo, rogues are very strong despite the mobility nerfs.

Think back to the good old days (last week). Most strategies for killing hunters relied on them not being very good. A good hunter would never let you get closer than 35 yard range, disengage up a hill, disarm a mage, open with scatter on a healer, etc etc. Most hunters were bad, and that made them beatable. Great druids and holy paladins are a goddamn terror, just like great hunters last week. Fortunately, great player are an outlier in this bracket. Most holy pallies right now are just hitting people with holy shock every 6 seconds and spamming denounce in between.

I'm still working on my positioning to stay on druids in mid, but you can easily burst one down in the base. For a holy pally EFC, bring an unstealthed friend to eat the holy shock so they don't use it to heal, then its GG.

Sub is nice, but I can do the same thing in Mutilate spec. Not to say Mut is better, but it is a viable alternative. Unlike Cata, all specs of rogue are viable. Sub only stood out because of its superior(misspell?) burst damage and mobility. Now mutilate has the kick it needs, and I can generate 5 Cp's in 3 GCDs with Shadowfocus. to each his own though

Subtlety is ideal for killing flag carriers because of the 70% armor reduction from Ambush, which gives your second ambush unmitigated damage against armored targets (namely paladin.) Also swords are nice, Mutilate requires daggers and you'll need the bleed and extra damage/extra poison procs to keep pressure on heals. This keeps Holy Shocks on the FC for heals so they aren't 1 shotting you, and you can keep pressure while your team mates down the FC (again, if it's a paladin). But it also helps with druids too.

I have around 100% crip proc on my opener with swords, but it's hit and miss with daggers, I'd say 75%ish. Swords are required against Druids for the 100% Crip.

That was fine pre-patch but now we can be killed in 2-3 GCD's. Not to mention I don't "play it safe". If you see a rogue sit there in stealth and watch you die It's not me, I always have my team mates backs.

Also, No sprint, no gouge. Rogues have less survivability than warriors now.

lol, oh. okay then.

Idk how any Druid could die to a rogue solo. If you're not resto you're doing it wrong. I can outheal any damage coming my way besides holy shock, and after my opponent has blown his CDs all I have to do is go Kitty and rape them. As restor with a 1h mace I've hit 850 FB crits....llolllllll

If you think this is all bullshit then awesome, I personally don't care. Don't try it . I'm just trying to inform people that aren't ignorant and can have a realistic conversation given the state of things without getting offended and standing up for the class that they play. I don't know about you but I never "post as a hunter" or "post as a warrior" or "post as a rogue"; I post as a player of a video game that likes to theory craft and discuss ways to increase performance and enhance game play. If you can't do that, you don't really hold any weight in my discussions and you're wasting your time.

The people who this is directed at know who they are. IF you get offended by it anyway, the above probably applies to you too though.

whaa? at least in my experience (one night of play) my balance druid is alot more powerful. I'd say 50% more dmg and 100% more healing vs prepatch.

At that new movement form - the elk - is terrible.

50 percent more damage? Im critting less than normal and nothing changed gear wise on my toon. Interesting, but i havnt played much either, because of all the hpall reroll nubs, spending my time on my p2p instead. I guess I could say in certain aspects i seem to be hitting more, but others I seem to be hitting less.

Healing is just dumb anyways, but they have toned healing down now apparently (havnt bgd yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread