Stupid but important ...

smitster

Legend
So it's probably stupid to ask, as i bet i'm overthinking this alot but it will save me a TON of time and effort if i'm not overthinking

as far as BV scaling, is 10 vs 14 outside the bg different?

what i mean is:

if i have a 10 and a 14 in the exact same gear, will they scale or w/e differently once i join the bg?

example: my 10 when in a bg has 35% crit with _____ items equipped

if i have a 14 wearing the same ______ will it be the exact same when inside a bg?

if so, i might have a secret amazing thing for when our bgs start popping :).

Thanks in advance, hoefully i clarified it enough

-kulb

ps quick answer would be helpfull so i can get started asap

10-13 scale to lvl 14, gear on a lvl 14 remains the same

Posted through a sucky mobile device using Tapatalk :mad:

so theoretically ,

13 vs 14

exact same gear again

100% cloned characters, just one says "13" outside the bg and one says "14" outside the bg

their would in fact be a difference between them inside a bg

Edit: because that would be an option too, if this is how it works would i be better off stopping at 13? the items themselves i might gain at 14 wont matter at all if stats or w/e scales

In a BG you'd scale to 14. All your secondary stats (crit, hit, haste) will scale down significantly for your level 10 outside a BG to level 14 scaling inside a BG.

My ~120% crit chance level 10 hunter drops to around 74% crit in BGs.

edit: Only BOA gear scales inside a BG. A quest item (like a belt) you picked up at level 9 will stay the same even if you wear it at level 90.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a BG you'd scale to 14. All your secondary stats (crit, hit, haste) will scale down significantly for your level 10 outside a BG to level 14 scaling inside a BG.

My ~120% crit chance level 10 hunter drops to around 74% crit in BGs.

edit: Only BOA gear scales inside a BG. A quest item (like a belt) you picked up at level 9 will stay the same even if you wear it at level 90.

False, not only BoA items scale in bg's.

vo2i8LX.png

If you were to use the EXACT same gear on a 10, you would benefit more from it than if you were to use it on a 14.

That has to be a glitch. Nothing in Wowhead says that The 1 Ring scales with level. That's a heirloom-specific trait, and The 1 Ring isn't. I've had over a dozen twinks with that ring, and it's stats have never changed when I've decided to twink them at a higher level. (though I admit I haven't had one since this whole "scaling in a bg" thing was implemented.)

Also, if it's not a glitch, show that some other pieces of non-BoA gear do the same.

That has to be a glitch. Nothing in Wowhead says that The 1 Ring scales with level. That's a heirloom-specific trait, and The 1 Ring isn't. I've had over a dozen twinks with that ring, and it's stats have never changed when I've decided to twink them at a higher level. (though I admit I haven't had one since this whole "scaling in a bg" thing was implemented.)

Also, if it's not a glitch, show that some other pieces of non-BoA gear do the same.

Scaling is made at lvl 10-13 to make non loomed player/starters able to survive and do damage even if they dont got gear. The scaling is made by Blizzard. Not a glitch, and its not only happening at lvl 10-13 its at 15-18 etc...etc...

Users who are viewing this thread