Strongest melee spec so far?

What do you think is the strongest melee spec?

• Total voters
I still don’t get everyone jizzing about Surv...

Maybe I’ve had an incredibly weird streak of just not seeing any [noteworthy] Surv twinks in a single BG I’ve queued, but even then, what’s so overpowered about them?

Two dots, one spammable damage move, and Kill Command...

I get they have an interrupt, +30% health restore, Turtle, and Freezing Trap/Feign Death, but that doesn’t really make the case either — yes, they can survive (hurr) a bit longer.

Does Wildfire Bomb do OVER 9000! damage or something?

FLARE! It’s gotta be Flare, right?! :D

they have an interrupt, +30% health restore, Turtle, and Freezing Trap/Feign Death
it's a pretty big toolkit. I geared one up but havent used it yet... they also have the current benefit of the 44 staff.

It seems like a lot of burst potential with tons of tools to go with it.

my arms warrior also got the staff today, seems a legit upgrade over the artifact, also slapped crusader on it

Maybe I’ve had an incredibly weird streak of just not seeing any [noteworthy] Surv twinks in a single BG I’ve queued, but even then, what’s so overpowered about them?

I get they have an interrupt, +30% health restore, Turtle, and Freezing Trap/Feign Death, but that doesn’t really make the case either — yes, they can survive (hurr) a bit longer.

Also forgetting pet talents (mortal wounds effect or snare), run speed, leech. The only thing they're missing is a stun and you could even meta gem for that.

All that and they still retain the option to range DPS if the situation calls for it.

It's a lot to do with the consistent pressure provided by high damage as well as high mobility and self reliance. Surv can make great dives on a target, lock down a healer for days and if things get hairy make a fairly easy escape.

They do enough damage on their own but they're also great at setting up entire groups for kills by their team.

It is just a solid spec with a very versatile kit that allows the player to do a bit of everything whilst still dishing out good DPS due to having access to an ilvl 44 staff. For those of you who are horny about ilvl 49 artifacts and can't get over the fact that they're not available anymore, Survival can mitigate that gap!

Not to mention tracking and sprint..

And a channeled 15 yard heal or other halfway decent pvp talents. There's a lot.

Yes, Chops, this most definitely sounds like someone that’s ESL... :rolleyes:

Anyways, hope I didn’t hurt anyone’s feelings.

What about Prot Pally now, Germinus?
Not at all. Im mostly here when im drunk and on mobile. Some times i do shit like that. But if not arms war, then feral. Then prot pala. ? And english is my third language :) still no excuse for that.

Last edited:

Hopefully you'll see Almond in action sometime. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/zuluhed/almðnd

As others have mentioned, just an overall great toolkit for pumping out damage and staying alive. Below was EotS versus Blackwing Lair horde last night. Horde had a lot of healing and played objectives better, was a fun back and forth game. Just to give an idea on survival damage numbers.

almond01.jpg

almond02.jpg

Hopefully you'll see Almond in action sometime. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/zuluhed/almðnd

As others have mentioned, just an overall great toolkit for pumping out damage and staying alive. Below was EotS versus Blackwing Lair horde last night. Horde had a lot of healing and played objectives better, was a fun back and forth game. Just to give an idea on survival damage numbers.

View attachment 18036

View attachment 18037
So. Dotting everyone is cool nowdays? You should see my afli lock then. 800% that.

View attachment 18036

View attachment 18037
Not trying to be a dick (and from what I hear, Almond sounds like a kickass player), buuuuut...

To Germinus’ point — what’s impressive about 50% of your damage coming from Tab-targeting the enemy team with DoTs?

And if we’re being honest here, the MM Hunter, Sniperwolf (edgy spelling), was probably more impressive because it’s all single-target damage and no DoT abilities (unless they spec’d for Serpent Sting).

and dmg numbers are a poor indicator of a classes strength but people gave you a number of reasons beyond that that make Surv strong.
Adding to that, let's not pretend the bracket is about 500 IQ plays. More often than not we are all just oneshotting levelers, so might as well get that parser clout.

and dmg numbers are a poor indicator of a classes strength but people gave you a number of reasons beyond that that make Surv strong.
And I get those reasons — not doubting anyone’s authenticity... it’s just that in the history of twinking since I can remember back to BC, I’ve never heard people’s resounding argument for a top-tier S Class twink being that they have good damage and a solid utility kit.

It’s been omgwtf 1hko Brewmaster Monk with Keg Smash or Arcane Mage facerolling missiles where you literally global people on every encounter.

Not complaining... it’s actually refreshing.

Users who are viewing this thread