, , ,

Good news everyone. I can now queue for WoD dungeons in timewalking campaign. No idea what the problem was. Also it's taken me a while to figure out but the reason I couldn't advance to unlock stuff in BFA is because I hadn't completed the Islands expeditions storyline. So for anyone in a similar position here is what you do:
You go to Flynn Fairwind on Boralus docks( Alliance, no idea what Horde equivalent is ). If you haven't already accepted the quest I think it's on autoaccept at lvl50. click on the table and choose either normal or hc island expeditions. you'll norice on the quest screen, an azerite bar. you need to fill this up with azerite from expedions to progress to the next part of the story line. There are three parts to storyline ending with the unlocking of Nazjatar. You'll have needed to do other stuff to get to here though. You need to have the Heart of Azeroth neck, be friendly whith your side's three main factions and probly some other stuff I can't remember. I'm guessing it's the expeditions people mainly get stuck on and can't figure out why they're not progressing. Tbh this is all with a view to unlocking Nyalotha so I can get ilvl177 azerite pieces from mythic ( if I'm lucky enough to get a boost ).

Good news everyone. I can now queue for WoD dungeons in timewalking campaign. No idea what the problem was. Also it's taken me a while to figure out but the reason I couldn't advance to unlock stuff in BFA is because I hadn't completed the Islands expeditions storyline. So for anyone in a similar position here is what you do:
You go to Flynn Fairwind on Boralus docks( Alliance, no idea what Horde equivalent is ). If you haven't already accepted the quest I think it's on autoaccept at lvl50. click on the table and choose either normal or hc island expeditions. you'll norice on the quest screen, an azerite bar. you need to fill this up with azerite from expedions to progress to the next part of the story line. There are three parts to storyline ending with the unlocking of Nazjatar. You'll have needed to do other stuff to get to here though. You need to have the Heart of Azeroth neck, be friendly whith your side's three main factions and probly some other stuff I can't remember. I'm guessing it's the expeditions people mainly get stuck on and can't figure out why they're not progressing. Tbh this is all with a view to unlocking Nyalotha so I can get ilvl177 azerite pieces from mythic ( if I'm lucky enough to get a boost ).
Can you equip a bfa mythic dung loot? I saw it req 60 which felt like a bug.

Dunno, not really been running BFA mythic dungeons. hadn't actually seen that. I'll have a look.
You're right . just looked in adventure guide and it says ilvl159 mythic dungeon gear requires lvl60. which is strange because ilvl 177 mythic Nyalotha gear doesn't. Tbh at level 49 I was getting ilvl178 warforged gear from WoD timewalking campaign dungeons so I'm guessing the ilvl159 gear's not going to be as good anyway. I suppose I could have got 159 azerite pieces but been a bit busy with trying to figure out why I wasn't progressing to think about it. Don't think it's possible to queue for BFA mythic dungeons. I would have to get a grp or a boost.

Last edited:
I'm only guessing here but I'd say that you have 2 other options:

1. go to chromie and pick up, think it's "portal to outland", timewalking campaign and there might be a purple drop in one of the classic dungeons.
2. go to chromie and pick up "iron horde" timewalking and try and get some warforged ones from WoD dungeons.

These should be ilvl 163 at lvl45. BFA dungeon drops are ilvl152 at lvl45 ( I think ).

don't think weapons drop in Antorus cos o artefact weapon thing in legion. Don't think there are legendary weapons for same reason. Dunno bout crafted stuff.

I'd put my money on one from classic dungeons as being easiest to get.
nope I'm wrong, purple daggers don't drop in classic.

Last edited:
I am still sort of new to 45's - I cannot solo heroic or mythic dungeons. I guess the idea is to have a higher level run you through these over and over and pray for a drop? lol

just been looking and there are no purple dagger drops in classic. so it's BFA or WoD. You don't do them on hc or mythic. You go to chromie in ur main city and click on her. she will offer you some timeline campaigns. accept BFA or WoD ( iron horde ). then queue for random normals. In the WoD dungeons it will usually be ilvl 152 stuff that drops but occaisionally an item will be warforged ( ilvl 163 ). I think there are 2 daggers that drop from different dungeons in WoD. In BFA it just drops ilvl 152 gear.

They'v changed HoA with the last patch - now it scales not from Azerite level but from character level 137 for 45, 155 for 50 and 194 for 60+ stats also got nerfed a bit.

It's good for newcomers because now they are not behind on the grind but for 45 HoA is no longer BiS - so much for lvl 96 neck on my Lock. Oh well.

On the bright side 50-s and 60 now can have maxed out essences right of the bat.

They'v changed HoA with the last patch - now it scales not from Azerite level but from character level 137 for 45, 155 for 50 and 194 for 60+ stats also got nerfed a bit.

It's good for newcomers because now they are not behind on the grind but for 45 HoA is no longer BiS - so much for lvl 96 neck on my Lock. Oh well.

On the bright side 50-s and 60 now can have maxed out essences right of the bat.
Would HoA for certain specs still be BiS in PvE with some traits? Like BM Hunter for example can end up having some crazy big kill commands with the one trait. Or Ret gets huge mastery with the one

Would HoA for certain specs still be BiS in PvE with some traits? Like BM Hunter for example can end up having some crazy big kill commands with the one trait. Or Ret gets huge mastery with the one

Not HoA itself but the Azerite traits on armor yes - some of them are still great.

Just restarted Dragonflight this week, after nearly a year hiatus. Are there any US guilds running 45s (or even 59s) for dungeons and raids?

Users who are viewing this thread