State of the 70 Twink Union

Dontbehasty

Legend
I've always been a die hard twink, and have had a ton of twinks in my day. However, with WOTLK's no experience bg's, every twink bracket I played in died and I got bored of four hour Q's.

So, I've wanted to make a 70 twink for two years now but never did because I hear there are no Q's and no active guilds anymore, and thought that the 39 and 49 bg's (where I played) were an indicator of the 70's.

So, what's the state of the 70 twink community? And the big question is, how are the no-experience BG's (for people upgraded to wrath/cata)?

Also, on a side note, is a warrior with glaives good anymore? And if so, what spec?

Thanks fellas, really hope I can get these questions answered finally.

~An extremely die hard twink looking to make a comeback 8)

it no longer matters what account you have, BC capped players are treated as if they shut off their xp for queing purposes

all battlegroups were merged for arena and bg ques. so really BG means nothing anymore

us ques are fine afaik. pretty short que times for both factions at peak times going late into the night. i have no idea what the situation is in the eu

im sure there are still some guilds out there for pvp and pve, try lookin through these threads. and if you dont find one, and nobody posts recruiting one...well then i guess they dried up, but you can still solo que and form pug raids if you dont mind not playing with others in a guild

warriors arent really that good. especially dual glaive warriors (which the fury variety would have been the only decent kind in the past i should think). but if you're exceptionally skilled and have a good partner, then you could do well...just be aware you'll be facing fotm/op class comps at higher tiers of arena

To answer your question specifically, 70s get queues (minus any bugged queues) every day. They're currently the most active XP-off bracket in the game.

More generally, many XP-off brackets are not only back, but flourishing. With merged battlegroups, it no longer matters what server you're on. Current XP-off schedule for North America:

19s: daily

29s: Tues/Thurs/Sun starting 9pm EST/6pm PST

39s: daily, starting 9pm EST/6pm PST

49s: Mon/Thurs/Sat starting 10pm EST/7pm PST

60-64: daily

70-74: daily

The 10-14 bracket also gets games; I don't know their schedule.

Have fun!

80-84 is also seeing some ques on a daily basis but ques vary quite a bit anywhere from 3-20 mins at any given time of the day even going into the early morning

Jeego said:
80-84 is also seeing some ques on a daily basis but ques vary quite a bit anywhere from 3-20 mins at any given time of the day even going into the early morning

80s ftw

wha? i played at 80 during lk and i really liked it

i didnt really arena or pvp that much on my druid, just pve focused. so pvp focus on my warrior is a nice change

Users who are viewing this thread