Starting a Paladin to be ready for Cata

Hey guys, my new project is a human paladin (ret) which will probably be my primary twink during Cata. The World of Warcraft Armory - Imashaman @ Bleeding Hollow - Profile this is how he is comming along.

Now to the point, I haven't twinked a mail class, and not a warrior so I'm not 100% about the gear. I'm working on getting;

Sentinel's Medallion - Item - World of Warcraft

Protector's Band - Item - World of Warcraft

Arena Grand Master - Item - World of Warcraft x2

and when cata comes out I'll get the BoA Helm.

Are there any items that I should get that you see missing or am I making any mistakes? I'm pretty much going for high damage set.

And if the talants stay the way they are currently according to Wowhead.com, for the 6th point in ret would you recomend Conviction or Pursuit of Justice? Pretty much 1% more damage on crit stacking up to 3% or 8% run speed leaving boots open to stam or hit ench?

Thoughts, comments, questions

discussssss

Hey your paladin looks alright, check out mine.

Code:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lothar&cn=Eliøt

My paladin isn't BiS however I love running with this set up for WSG/ARENA. Unlike my armory you should get 4 stats on chest, 9 strength on bracers, and maybe a few other gear swaps.

Also max skinning and herbalism are currently the best paladin professions.

Eliot said:
Hey your paladin looks alright, check out mine.

Code:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lothar&cn=Eliøt

My paladin isn't BiS however I love running with this set up for WSG/ARENA. Unlike my armory you should get 4 stats on chest, 9 strength on bracers, and maybe a few other gear swaps.

Also max skinning and herbalism are currently the best paladin professions.

Can't get your armory to work but it sounds like I'm on the right track.

Thanks.

Any advise on the subject of quest items i need? I already have artic buckler. This char is getting xfered to be a holy cow in cata so i can get horde stuff lata but I want to get all the ally stuff done.

Glacial stone, beetle clasps, seal of wrynn, leggings of westfall, Minor channeling ring, draftsmans boots and pious legwraps. These are the only ally items that you could conceivably need that i can think of.

Kore nametooshort said:
Glacial stone, beetle clasps, seal of wrynn, leggings of westfall, Minor channeling ring, draftsmans boots and pious legwraps. These are the only ally items that you could conceivably need that i can think of.

There may be more when Cata hits, so I wouldn't faction change imediately upon release before we know anything.

Kore nametooshort said:

Got it, thanks.

PureCraft said:
There may be more when Cata hits, so I wouldn't faction change imediately upon release before we know anything.

Will do, I doubt we will get much more though, since blizz has been more vigilant now with item levels. All the good stuff is from pre bc

Brüno said:
Will do, I doubt we will get much more though, since blizz has been more vigilant now with item levels. All the good stuff is from pre bc

I feel sure that there will be plenty of new stuff. For instance all the new blues for slots that we didnt have blues for before. I think that i saw some new BiS mail bracers somewhere on cata.wowhead as quest rewards, and there are other items as well that you'll be wanting.

Have fun without freedom. Gonna be soo fun being stuck, always!!!

(Well it might not be that bad, when we get to the traget things going to happend)

elocon said:
Have fun without freedom. Gonna be soo fun being stuck, always!!!

(Well it might not be that bad, when we get to the traget things going to happend)

With CS on 4 sec CD and Holy Evis, I'm sure I'll do fine.

Oh, and I'll have 100 SP, and regen 4% mana a sec, not to mention if we do infact get a 6 second stun

Dident see the hammer of justice change, looks nice :)

But im still worried, playing 39 and sometimes I get stuck alot, can just image how much worse it might be without freedom.

Just copy paste the code! :)

Brüno said:
With CS on 4 sec CD and Holy Evis, I'm sure I'll do fine.

Oh, and I'll have 100 SP, and regen 4% mana a sec, not to mention if we do infact get a 6 second stun

With the loss of hand of freedom paladins will be the easiest class to kite in cata. They have 1 gap closer/stun in Hammer of Justice that may or may not get buffed but no way to get out of slows or snares except for trinket. Mages now have 40 yd range on their spells the longest range for a paladin might be 30 yds but right now it's only 10 yds (15 yds if you have glyphed HoJ). I think paladins are getting some nice ranged attacks like exorcism and avengers shield but most of their damage should come from melee range attacks like Crusader strike and autoattack. If paladin burst is high enough in cata they might be ok without HoF but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread