EU Starting 39 Hunter, some questions

Despacitoxic

Veteran
Hello everyone,

I really wanna get into twinking, and after putting some thought into it I wanna roll a hunter, just like my main. However I have some basic questions before I get started.

1. Since EU (H) twink guilds aren't a thing afaik, is it okay to just create one on my own (kinda dead server)? This way I will be able to provide gold for enchants more easily, but will this "hurt" my twinking experience?

2. Is there a EU twink (H) community? I've seen one but the community link expired.

3. Is it correct that I should save all my loot caches as much as possible untill im 39? both from bg's and dungeons?

4. Regarding hunter, since BM is currently pretty much the meta in endgame, I atleast wanna change it up and go MM. Is there a certain stat priority? I already see myself hitting big fat crits with Aimed Shot which makes me all the more excited!

I hope someone has time to go over this, I would really appreciate it!
Thanks in advance, hopefullly I'll face/ fight side by side y'all in a BG soon!

Kind regards

39's is a good bracket to start
aimed shot is gettin nerfed but still do some nasty damage (35 - 50% health pool on crits) with 11 secs cd
if u can get near BiS gear, a pocket healer and stay attackin for more 25 secs u can kill more than half of other team

Hunter is in a great spot and even after the patch will still be fine. Stay on your server; as you play games you can add btags for other players you meet. No point in gimping your gold flow for “community”. The only exception is if your AH has no lvl39 greens which will pretty much be BiS for most pieces.

I think, and especially after 8.1 changes, that stat prio for MM should be Weapon dmg>Agi>Vers>Crit>Haste.

Afaik loot caches are snapshotted to whatever level you were when they dropped. I’ve gotten a dungeon cache, dinged a level for quest turn ins at the front, then opened a cache that had an item scaled for the previous level. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but this is my experience.

Also, I think most people play Lone Wolf for mid fights, but keep a raptor/hyena for certain situations like killing EFC or guarding flag nodes, and probably a crab for flag carrying for the HP buff and so you can keep slows on 2 targets at once while you kite.

Welcome to the bracket!

EDIT: Don’t sleep on survival. It’s very fun and has great burst as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread