Should I go resto Druid or disc Priest?

• Resto Druid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disc Priest

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Luka

OG
So I have 2k gold on a new server on an alliance char. Never played alliance before so it's a change. I need something new to play, before I have played

19 Rogue

19 Hunter

19 Paladin

29 Warrior

29 Shaman

39 Paladin

Currenty making a 49 warrior

I usually don't play casters but want to try a healer or a caster. I've been peanin towards 29 lock or 39 priest, I'd just like to hear some suggestions for a change from you guys first. Preferabley in 19-29-39, don't really want anything higher.

29 and 39 holy paladins are insane healers, except they can be boring because they rarely die and cast 3 spells most of the time (FoL/HL/purify)

Luka said:
Do resto druids fair well in 29 or 39?

they do but they can be a challenge to play.

very mobile at 39 with travel form and they have good survivability at 29, but the biggest issue of a well played resto druid is probably mana conservating while trying to heal/survive. lots of stuff to learn.

39 disc priests are much better team healers while resto druids are probably better for single target. priests typically have tons of mana to throw around instants to a plethora of teammates while druids can produce much more burst heals with HoTs and a quick healing touch cast.

Which would consider to get generally higher heals, and which has better survivability

Luka said:
Which would consider to get generally higher heals, and which has better survivability

druids have a tendency to produce higher heals. the highest heal i see priests throwing out is flash of light; i rarely see priests use heal or greater heal. the better priests typically throw out mainly instant casts.

survivability depends on the player more than anything. while druids can shift, they won't be healing teammates as they use travel form or bear form. priests are much better in terms of healing+surviving.

I'd vote for the druid. Purely on the basis of the heals are strong enough and speedy cat is good times. Plus the stuns from pounce and bear bash.

Actually, I lied, not purely on those premises. I play an 80 druid as resto and it's more fun than slapping a gnomes around. And slapping gnomes around is pretty damn fun.

The truth is druids are the MOST hybrid of the hybrids. And with dual specs, you'll be bouncing back and forth between resto and oomkin for good times all around. Plus either spec has enough subtleties to master to keep you entertained for a long time.

Druiddroid said:
while druids can shift, they won't be healing teammates as they use travel form or bear form.

God bless HoTs.

Priests are pretty amazing too though. But one enhance shaman in your face and you'll hate them forever.

I voted disc priest, partly to tie the votes, partly cause i hate druids, bigger partly cause disc priests are fun as hell to play.

Resto warrior

Users who are viewing this thread