Some noob questions

Pict

Hey Folks

Ive been a somewhat frequent lurker so thought Id be better off finally creating an account. I have always bounced in and out of WoW since vanilla but more recently after resubbing ive just realised max level retail experience just isnt for me any more. And yes i have tried classic and hardcore which were fun but i found myself getting bored quickly and tbh i just prefer the graphical fidelity and content options of retail.

Anyway long story short I have a couple of noob questions:
  • my sub still has a fair bit to run but is there anything in particular I should stock up on before it does?
  • do you still have to unlock your experience before your sub runs out or is this not necessary now given the 20-29 'twink queue'
  • are there any EU Alliance twink guilds or communities worth joining?
  • are there any active content creators for level 20s/f2p. I kinda miss watching the guides or chats/overviews of @CigNus @Chops

Cheers

my sub still has a fair bit to run but is there anything in particular I should stock up on before it does?
Bags, gems, really anything you cannot get as a f2p or don't want to grind for. Also join / create a guild. 10% extra mount speed an 15 HS are a treat

do you still have to unlock your experience before your sub runs out or is this not necessary now given the 20-29 'twink queue'
As far as I am aware I suppose that yes

are there any EU Alliance twink guilds or communities worth joining?
Don't know sorry haha

are there any active content creators for level 20s/f2p. I kinda miss watching the guides or chats/overviews of @CigNus @Chops
There is a few streamers and some youtube content creators but not on the scale of these two unless I missed any

All in all wish you to have fun as a f2p

I also have some questions.. mainly with dungeons... is it possible as a F2P non vet to que for older dungeons like classic dungeon or BC dungeons?

I also have some questions.. mainly with dungeons... is it possible as a F2P non vet to que for older dungeons like classic dungeon or BC dungeons?
Yes although there is some that we can only walk to, for instance Shadow Labyrinth isn't queuable at level 20 for some reason.
For Classic I think you can't queue Stratholme Undead side, BRD, Temple of Atal'Hakkar and Lower Blackrock Spire
BC lacks Shadow Labs, Botanica, Mechanar, Shattered Halls and Sethekk Halls
For Wrath you can't queue Utgarde Pinnacle, Oculus, Halls of Stone, Halls of Lightning and Gundrak
MoP is missing Mogu'Shan Palace and Shado-Pan Monastery
WoD lacks Auchindoun but for WoD dungeons you gain nothing from queuing, soloing them is way better here
The Legion and BFA dungeons we can enter are all queuable
For SL I'm not 100% sure but I think all avaiable dungeons are queuable too
I may have missed some so there might be more dungeons you'll have to walk to tho I'm fairly confident in my list there.

Also if you queue for a longer dungeon like Maraudon it'll be split in several smaller dungeons so you don't do the whole dungeon (Maraudon is cut in three in dungeon finder).
That said most classes can solo anyways so you prolly shouldn't worry too much about it. It can be an easy way to get decent gear with the free ilvl 61 when you complete a dungeon but for that ilvl 87 gear go solo farm WoD dungeons, it's the best way besides a few slots from Classic dungeons or some quest procs.

Yes although there is some that we can only walk to, for instance Shadow Labyrinth isn't queuable at level 20 for some reason.
For Classic I think you can't queue Stratholme Undead side, BRD, Temple of Atal'Hakkar and Lower Blackrock Spire
BC lacks Shadow Labs, Botanica, Mechanar, Shattered Halls and Sethekk Halls
For Wrath you can't queue Utgarde Pinnacle, Oculus, Halls of Stone, Halls of Lightning and Gundrak
MoP is missing Mogu'Shan Palace and Shado-Pan Monastery
WoD lacks Auchindoun but for WoD dungeons you gain nothing from queuing, soloing them is way better here
The Legion and BFA dungeons we can enter are all queuable
For SL I'm not 100% sure but I think all avaiable dungeons are queuable too
I may have missed some so there might be more dungeons you'll have to walk to tho I'm fairly confident in my list there.

Also if you queue for a longer dungeon like Maraudon it'll be split in several smaller dungeons so you don't do the whole dungeon (Maraudon is cut in three in dungeon finder).
That said most classes can solo anyways so you prolly shouldn't worry too much about it. It can be an easy way to get decent gear with the free ilvl 61 when you complete a dungeon but for that ilvl 87 gear go solo farm WoD dungeons, it's the best way besides a few slots from Classic dungeons or some quest procs.
ok awesome so in other words you dont have to change the chromie time anymore for f2p to que some of the classic/BC/WOTLK dungeons because i remember that being a thing. I just started back up, havent played in 2 years but strictly was looking to do f2p.

ok awesome so in other words you dont have to change the chromie time anymore for f2p to que some of the classic/BC/WOTLK dungeons because i remember that being a thing. I just started back up, havent played in 2 years but strictly was looking to do f2p.
You do have to select a timeline. For instance if you are on BC timelime you will only have the available queues for BC dungeons.
That said Chromie time is f2p now so don't worry :)

Tho once again, soloing is overall a better choice, people don't have that great an image of twinks in dungeon finder -which we can't really blame them for-, you can skip trash packs better, for WoD dungeons you get more loot (one per boss). If you do queue for dungeons, be considerate and ask people if they don't mind you blowing the instance up, beginners want to take it slow and learn while experienced people will love the quick xp, just ask (if they don't answer then you do you, can't be blamed if you asked), don't leave mid-dungeon cuz you got the piece of gear you wanted and be nice in general, twinks could use a better image haha

I didn’t read through all the responses. But I didn’t see it specifically addressed

If you plan on pvping on a level 20 and letting your subscription expire, you must have XP enabled in order to queue once your game time runs out

If you plan on keeping paying, then you can queue with xp disabled

You do have to select a timeline. For instance if you are on BC timelime you will only have the available queues for BC dungeons.
That said Chromie time is f2p now so don't worry :)

Tho once again, soloing is overall a better choice, people don't have that great an image of twinks in dungeon finder -which we can't really blame them for-, you can skip trash packs better, for WoD dungeons you get more loot (one per boss). If you do queue for dungeons, be considerate and ask people if they don't mind you blowing the instance up, beginners want to take it slow and learn while experienced people will love the quick xp, just ask (if they don't answer then you do you, can't be blamed if you asked), don't leave mid-dungeon cuz you got the piece of gear you wanted and be nice in general, twinks could use a better image haha
thank you this was very helpful. last question... so the ladder for f2p LVL 20s once u hit lvl 20 is also tied in with anyone who is lvl20-29 with sub but XP turned off for PVP?? so do people even pvp in there? what are the ques like? sorry for the noob questions. i really appreciate your help.

thank you this was very helpful. last question... so the ladder for f2p LVL 20s once u hit lvl 20 is also tied in with anyone who is lvl20-29 with sub but XP turned off for PVP?? so do people even pvp in there? what are the ques like? sorry for the noob questions. i really appreciate your help.
I'm not really a PvP player but from what I understood from PvPers queues are quite long because fewer people play since the power gap between 20s and 29s is so big.
20s get obliterated (not an exxageration, when I last PvPed I got one or two shotted left and right), then get bored and end up not queuing anymore thus creating this situation where queues can fairly often reach one hour and give a Seething Shore BG without enough people, making it end forcefully.

Maybe it got better, I have not gotten into PvP in 4 months but I doubt it. Perhaps someone better informed would be of better assistance there sorry.

Hey! I don't have much constructive to say other than I'm in the same boat as you are; long time lurker, finally giving f2p a go for a while. I'm thinking I'll sub & buy the upcoming expac at some point, but for now I'm interested in the trial. You asked some questions I had as well so thanks and thanks for the answers!

Users who are viewing this thread