so, max spell power for a 39

I know I could get it higher, but I think it's pretty cool I got it this high.

WoWScrnShot_020109_154147.jpg

I had a spell power elixir+minor wizard oil(+8 damage instead of the lesser wizard oil +16), add in 40 spell power that I gain from spirit tap and spiritual guidance and it put me at 430 damage. I must say its pretty damn fun hitting people for 1200+ holyfire crits w/ zerker, pretty sure I'll be able to get one around 1300.

Now I know I'm missing an 8 spell power libram, +21 damage gloves, the rfd wand with 7 spell power I never got, and another spell power trinket, is there anything else I could pick up?

My priest:

[char=Frostmane]Useabandage[/char]

Also anyone else ever try to get this high, I think max damage for a lock is somewhere around 400 but I dont think you can get much higher w/ the shadow damage changes.

Nice

I honestly did not think you could get that much higher than 400. I believe I shall look your guy up!

Ha, to think I got annoyed when being critted for just under 1k with Holy Fire (after 50 odd resistance)

EDIT: Actually, now that I do the math it seems a lot more plausible. But I still haven't seen anyone else with that much SP. I think the closest was a shadow priest...

Smiffy has a bit over 400 Shadow power unbuffed...

Jadyn said:

I think max damage for a lock is somewhere around 400

My lock can hit 383 and im missing an 8 damage libram, perfect chest, sdamage cape, +21 damage gloves, and the rfd wand, which would give me 405, which is around 400 technically=D was just too lazy to do the math.

edit: you could also grab another heirloom trinket so 419 would be max for a lock or mage unbuffed, holy dps priest is always gonna be a bit lower, shadow gear ftl.

I think max damage for a lock is somewhere around 400

Bah, sorry I missed that comment. >.>

We were thinking of trying sometime to see how high we could get Smiffy, then have him spec destro and stage a shadowbolt crit.

im not sure about horde specific items, but I think the sp neck for alliance casters would be higher SP even for holy dps specced people that get sp off of spirit.

Speaking of which, up until the last patch the +50 spirit on use inscription OH gave a nice boost to sp also.

Also you could have a disc priest buff you with spirit to boost that sp a lot higher too. Felhunter buff gives spirit now too doesnt it?

Have somebody with a JC neck pop that in your presence.

Oh and the RFD wand is +8sp (compared to +7talent specific green wands or a +6healing wand)

Highest ive seen a lock on my server is 394 shadow, im sure it can go slightly higher.

Id clarify all of these things buy my computer died and wow doesnt exist for me for a few more weeks. Id imagine, if you can hit 430 in that pic, at least 20 30 higher isnt out of the question. Im sure there are more things than im even thinking of too. Dare I say somebody could maybe hit 500!?!?

Jadyn said:

Yeah, I have 402 shadow damage unbuffed, and I have no BoA trinkets.

The max shadow damage unbuffed someone can obtain without exploits is 431

I've roughly calculated to perhaps have around 600 Shadow Damage unbuffed for a short duration of around 10seconds.

Edit: If needed, I can compile a gear list that's needed to reach 431 unbuffed. Although, I might be making a warlock guide in the future.

barely read thread, but dont forget, that it use to be possible to get BoA shoulder with the ZG +18 spell power enchant. cant anymore obviously, but there HAS to be 1 lock out there who has perfected his twink. +18 is alot ontop a pair of shoulders.

Titanhart said:
barely read thread, but dont forget, that it use to be possible to get BoA shoulder with the ZG +18 spell power enchant. cant anymore obviously, but there HAS to be 1 lock out there who has perfected his twink. +18 is alot ontop a pair of shoulders.

+20 Shadow damage shoulders with Naxx gives more Shadow Damage than BoA's with oldschool ZG.

shaman totem is another bump to sp that you can use at 39s

Headpiece: +36 Shadow Damage lens with +8 Spellpower libram

Neckpiece: Pulsating Crystalline Shard

Shoulders: +20 Shadow Damage shoulders with +16 Spellpower / Mp5 enchant.

Back: +14 Shadow Damage cap with +120 Armor enchant

Chest: +27 Shadow Damage chest with +150 HP Enchant

Wrist: +14 Shadow Damage wrist with +15 Spellpower enchant

Weapon: +27 Shadow Damage staff with Soulfrost enchant

Wand: Lady Falt'eress' finger (No longer attainable, so next best would probably be +7 Shadow Damage wand)

Gloves: +16 Healing/Spell Damage gloves with +20 Spelldamage enchant

Belt: +16Healing/Spell Damage belt

Pants: +22 Healing/Spell Damage pants with Runic Spellthread or Golden Spellthread

Boots: +20 Shadow Damage boots with Boar's Speed enchant

Rings: 2x Underworld Bands

Trinkets: 2x BoA Spellpower trinkets

This should get you to 431 Shadow damage unbuffed, I'll edit later to do a fully buffed shadow power post

I got the same numbers from gear and enchants as smiffy.

For outside buffs I came up with:

Imp Spirit Buff from a 60+ priest: +40 (would have to check, I know everything after that point you'll get a "target is too low" message, pretty sure the cut off is 60)

Lesser Wizard Oil : 16

Arcane Elixir: 20

Flametoungue totem: 37 (not increased by any shaman talents as far as I can tell)

All toghther would tack on another 113 spell power. OUCH! I think there's some holiday food that gives you some spell power, maybe a random buff here or there too (thinking MCing priests in Botanica), but I dont know how crazy you want to get with this :p.

Hm, you can get spell power from one of the valentine's day chocolates. Smiffy, we should try setting something up during or after that event. =D

Imp Divine Spirit Buff

Flametongue totem buff

Arcane Elixir

Wizard Oil

Ghostlands item drop: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23381

I heard something about picnic basket that can be made, and when it's interacted with it gives the user a food that increases spell damage by 60~ or something-a-rather.

Being partied with someone who wear's the jade blasting neckpiece

I'm orc, so I can use Bloodfury for an extra 81 spell damage

that's all I can think of at the moment.

Jadyn said:
Hm, you can get spell power from one of the valentine's day chocolates. Smiffy, we should try setting something up during or after that event. =D

Haha for sure man. I was just queueing solo just then and got my new highest crit with these buffs on

Arcane Elixir

Firestone

Bloodfury

Beserker

I put Curse of Elementals on the target I was opposing for the shadow vulnerability and extra % damage.

It was on a level 31 Priest (With no debuffs on him)

I critted him for 1876.

Haha.

Can't remember my tics exactly

but corruption = 200-202 tics

siphon life = 99-110 (cant remember the numbers, just know it's between that)

and CoA = dunno

unless it was fixed, twinks can use the great feast buff which gives you +30 spell power

I logged my priest out in my max holy dps gear, but I am missing a few things:

[char=Frostmane]Useabandage[/char]

perfect lens +1 more damage

8 damage libram

perfect gloves +1 more damage

+43 damage on soj +3 more damage

second boa trinket +14 more damage

rdf wand +6 more damage or +heal wand +4 more damage(i gain 2 spell damage through talents from my wand)

pulsating crystal shard +4 more damage(two if it comes from the 8 spirit)

+heal cloak +3 more damage

that would give me a total of 24 more potential damage putting me at 395(i have +8 spell damage oil on atm that does shows up on the armory)

Now when I get a killing blow on someone I gain spirit tap which doubles my spirit giving me 272, taking me from +34 passive spell damage to +68, so technically speaking I gain an extra 34 spell damage every time I gain a killing blow, putting me at 431 self buffed damage and from smiffy's post looks like i would be at the same damage as a lock which is pretty damn cool.

I still cant complain with having 415 self buffed spell power, you start hitting 700 average smites and holy fire crits for 1k-1100 without zerker.

a couple more things, looking at your armory bandage

16 sp belt (green)

22? 23? sp leggings (green)

alliance toon = wingborne. +1 more sp, but you rolled the wrong race :(

btw i see 59 sp given by your shoulders...is that a glitch of the armory or just plain OP?

Users who are viewing this thread