EU So i bought this shield on AH. Wtf?

Is it correct that items do not scale down in dungeons? It needs to be a word drop?

Dungeon and raid items do not scale, no.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/illidan/Radarjam

Someone find out how his offhand was made so I can get more

There was a point in Legion where event-specific items (such as the brewfest stein) didn't have any level requirements. People who still have this item equipped after they changed it to require level 100 or something like that, have the item appear as "broken" (red), so they do not benefit from it. Essentially count as an unequipped slot.

Also in terms of thread topic, this is 100% a GM scaled item.

Dungeon and raid items do not scale, no.

There was a point in Legion where event-specific items (such as the brewfest stein) didn't have any level requirements. People who still have this item equipped after they changed it to require level 100 or something like that, have the item appear as "broken" (red), so they do not benefit from it. Essentially count as an unequipped slot.

Also in terms of thread topic, this is 100% a GM scaled item.

Can confirm the stats on his tankard are active and the item does not show as red. Req level still not there.

It's basically like having 2x MHs with a normal ilvl 43 OH.

the fact that ppl r excited that loot can work this way is confusing and disturbing

who the fk would want this to be the reality of bis gearing lmao

the fact that ppl r excited that loot can work this way is confusing and disturbing

who the fk would want this to be the reality of bis gearing lmao

You have absolutely no idea to know how far people will go for BiS gear.

i would murder armies of puppies and kittens for bis.... and i LOVE animals...
[doublepost=1550120690,1550112284][/doublepost]Anyways sooo... When GM's give back the BoE epics and blues in the mailbox.. does it simply scale to the lowest possible level the epics are scaled to? or was that because on the level of the character that retrieved the items from the GM? ...
I just made a lvl 18 warrior and posted about 30 BoE epics and blues... and now waiting 1 month for them to disapear.. just like many other people here i'm sure... The thing is... I might have to go completely crazy here.. Because this might work for every single BoE epic ingame that has the possibility to scale.. World drops and maybe also BoE zone drops from dungeons.. which scale differently.. they scale to the exact level of the person.. so it might be possible to say... get a BoE from Legion to scale to Req lvl 19? or even from BFA .. the problem is that i havnt been playing wow for a good while and i dont know anything about BfA.. Can somebody with more knowledge please post their thoughts on this and how to maximize the probability of success? Thanks! Apreciate it.

i mean.. vibroblade on a lvl 19... would be so much better then a Shadowfang.. and thats just 1 example. Cheers

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/illidan/Radarjam

Someone find out how his offhand was made so I can get more

this item scales at every possible level and can be found on AH .. i play in over 30 AHs and sees them frequently .. i didnt think it is that useful .. it read ilvl136, but when its used by a lower lvl player, it doesnt give 136, just the character page displaying the original version's ilvl

these are some of the stats values corresponding to their lvl:
lvl21 (ilvl25) 10 intel 5 stam 2 crit 2 haste
lvl22 (ilvl26) 11 intel 6 stam 3 crit 2 haste
lvl26 (ilvl29) 11 intel 6 stam 3 crit 2 haste

Last edited:
this item scales at every possible level and can be found on AH .. i play in over 30 AHs and sees them frequently .. i didnt think it is that useful .. it read ilvl136, but when its used by a lower lvl player, it doesnt give 136, just the character page displaying the original version's ilvl

Wrong.

sYRIFMq.gif

i would murder armies of puppies and kittens for bis.... and i LOVE animals...
[doublepost=1550120690,1550112284][/doublepost]Anyways sooo... When GM's give back the BoE epics and blues in the mailbox.. does it simply scale to the lowest possible level the epics are scaled to? or was that because on the level of the character that retrieved the items from the GM? ...
I just made a lvl 18 warrior and posted about 30 BoE epics and blues... and now waiting 1 month for them to disapear.. just like many other people here i'm sure... The thing is... I might have to go completely crazy here.. Because this might work for every single BoE epic ingame that has the possibility to scale.. World drops and maybe also BoE zone drops from dungeons.. which scale differently.. they scale to the exact level of the person.. so it might be possible to say... get a BoE from Legion to scale to Req lvl 19? or even from BFA .. the problem is that i havnt been playing wow for a good while and i dont know anything about BfA.. Can somebody with more knowledge please post their thoughts on this and how to maximize the probability of success? Thanks! Apreciate it.

i mean.. vibroblade on a lvl 19... would be so much better then a Shadowfang.. and thats just 1 example. Cheers

Let me try to clear some of this up for you.

The way GM's use to be able to restore items was they would give you the quest item, the actual quest item. No scale to the appropriate level, no scale of stats, no nothing. I know this first hand because; Mercer (an old, OLD member like me) and I had petitioned GM's and their Superiors to make an exception back before the EXP Eliminator was in-game. These items would be able to be sent to a level 1-XX (probably 19, but in my case 10) because; we had gained experience when we were already close to cap.

You can ask numerous people about this re-rolling system back during WOTLK when Twinks would literally fall through Dalaran, gain experience and level to 20. This was hotfixed as quick as they could fix it mind you. Moving forward, these items such as the OG Wingblade and say a level 19 SF would be sent to the characters that the items were suppose to be on. Now, the catch was that we couldn't use these items for leveling purposes, as it would absolutely lead to a ban.. Afterall, this wasn't suppose to be something that could happen, period. Only very seldomly did this ever happen.

Note: Touching back on the roll back system, there was.. "was" a level 19 rogue with a level 20 quest item dagger from BFD. I am going to assume this, or some other method I am unaware of was used.

Now, we're coming back to something similar where a player went away for a few months and his Auctions AFTER the Scale system was implemented went poof 'cause you only have XX amount of days to claim mail from a failed sail on the AH. This person petitioned the GMs and somehow, for some reason, chose to put them on a level 7 character not thinking they would scale (most likely). After this happened, with the new world mechanics, the game actually scaled down the restored items straight down to level 7-9, not the original 50-60 epic status that they should of had. Thus 'causing all of this nonsense and confusion about how these EPIC items may or may not be BiS, how people may or may not be able to exploit this mechanic at all.

I will admit I am a user of Ownedcore and there is nothing in the normal exploit section or in the elite section about any of this scaling, item abuse going on. Most likely because; last I recalled Ownedcore had a strict rule of NO GAME MASTER EXPLOITS which, this may or may not qualify under.

For me, especially after doing what I've done to re-obtain grandfathered gear and what not. I'm not doing anything like this. This seems extremely, highly bannable and the OP and whoever posted those epics on the AH got very, very lucky. Much like I and Mercer did back in ye' ol' days.

tldr; Do it at your own risk, read if you want a history lesson.

Moving onward with the topic.

You can supposedly farm epics on your low level characters back farming them yourself with a higher level character. The only problem is, there is a greater chance for the item to scale toward the higher level or a level + or - 1 to 3 levels than it dropping for you. This is how some people have ilvl 23 fang armor sets and how others have ilvl 25 fang armor sets.

However that one EU character got a Legion Ring on their 19 is still beyond me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread