So are the BoA items best?

Are BoA shoulders and weapons the best you can get at lvl 19 or are there some items that are still better? Not sure if I should spend marks/shards if there are other drops that might be a better choice.

The shoulders are generally impressive, at worse "Competitive".

Weapons generally fall short of BoE and BoP weapons for the varied brackets... especially at lvl 39+ since they are not BC chantable. Ranged weapons can't equip scopes and so would have to outclass other bracket weapons by a large margin to make up for lack of scope compatibility.

/agree with conrose. weapons...meh, i think most people will stick with what they have, and maybe use the weapons for quick swapping for spirit etc.

as far as the shoulders, even unenchanted they are nice and yes "competitive", but of course, most of the people i've seen with them have the 30 stam / 15 res on them, which definitely boost them above the people who have twinks minus the 80.

i'd say save your badges / SKSs for the shoulders. seem to be the best investment if you get them enchanted.

So for the lvl 19 bracket the shoulders are pretty much the only thing worth wild if you can get the shoulder enchant?

Anyone have a link to what the weapons are at lvl 19 so I can compare them to some of the Blue drops?

that seems to be the common consensus, even though i think the boa shoulders are better than any shoulders you can get at 19 anyways, even without the enchant. i have a warlock i play at 19 here and again, but not enough to use my badges / SKS's on shoulders or weapon for.

i'd say shoulders first, weapon second, and its what i am doing with my 29s. feel free to look at my warlock, Lucifaux on Suramar for the blue boe weapon, nothing special, but it works for me. as well look through some of the other toons in the guild i'm in, Suramar's Finest. you'll see some toons on there that are played a lot more than i play my lock.

i'm sure that will help you determine if you want to use the currency to get any boa weapon.

hope this helps =)

Outsider said:
Anyone have a link to what the weapons are at lvl 19 so I can compare them to some of the Blue drops?

These links are all around the site if you look for them. Since you seem to want someone else to do the looking for you..

http://twinkinfo.com/2009/01/complete-pve-boa-stats-for-19s-39s-and-49s/

http://www.quickarmory.com/heirloom.php

Or if you had looked up any of the BoA items on wowhead, you would have seen this comment on every single item:

If you're curious as to how this item scales down with your character's level (for purposes of twinking or general curiosity), you can use the LINK button at the top of this item page to link the item in-game: the WoW client will automatically scale the item stats down to your character's level for you. This works with all the other Heirloom items as well.

Steps in case you are unfamiliar with how to use Wowhead item links:

1. Click the link button above, there will be a popup window with some automatically highlighted text.

2. Copy the text (Windows: Ctrl-C, Mac: Cmd-C) and close the popup window.

3. Open (or switch to) WoW and press Enter to open up your chat dialog.

4. Paste the code into the box (Windows: Ctrl-V, Mac: Cmd-V) and press Enter.

5. A message in white text will appear in your chat log followed by an item link.

6. You can click this link to view the details and can Ctrl-click it to view it on your character.

Ive almost got all the different emblem shoulders

and 3 of the weapons and 1 of the trinket

spent 200 on shoulders

170 on weapons

50 on trinket

and well boa shoulders with 30 stam enchant / zg enchants are pretty much unrivaled 330-360 hp on shoulder slot item is just too good.

The shoulders are defidently the best stam chant you can get atm, and for 19's some of the weapons are great. For instance though a rogue is still better off with a shadowfang mh but you could get the boa dagger oh which has all around better stats than a theifs.

Boa is also good for getting an offset, so you dont have to go buy another set of bop stuff that costs an arm and a leg.

Quick question: Can the BoA items be equiped and "enchanted" with class abilities like Rogue poisons, Lock stones and Windfury, etc then mailed back to a twink?

Milosz006 said:
Quick question: Can the BoA items be equiped and "enchanted" with class abilities like Rogue poisons, Lock stones and Windfury, etc then mailed back to a twink?

Would be interesting to know. Wouldn't suprise me. Blizzard are pretty stupid at new items.

Users who are viewing this thread