so...anyone tried the faction change service yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
glancealot said:
if you call that complex BS then i am taking a lot of even more complex BS's this semester:

image.cgi

math isn't that bad imo...i wonder why are there so many innumeracy people in this world.

yea i hate math. im in statistics 201 this semester then im done for good. no calculus for this happy man!

...its not that i suck at math, i just hate it. on the math placement test i scored well enough to get into calc 2, but theres no way i'd pass since i didnt even take regular calc in HS. so i opted to take the ez way out.

glancealot said:
make sure you do extensive testing, in other words, make sure the sample is large enough to convince the readers:)

thanks in advance!

if it does work out, you need to thank me then:D

Gonna just buy a crappy weapon and put deathfrost on it, then going to the starting areas of WotLK and Shadow Word: Pain/Devouring Plaguing as much stuff as possible :p.

glancealot said:
any rogue that gets that dagger with 65 AP has no clue what he is doing!

assuming that 1 agility is 2 AP, 1 stam is 2 AP. (using the AEP formula)

7/7 monkey ribby with 20 agi gives you (7+7+20)*2+10=78, which is better than the 65 AP felbane dagger.

heck, since we are trying to maximize AP, let's just say 1 agility is 2 AP, but we ignore stamina almost completely, say, 2 stam= 1 AP, even then

we have [item]Vanquisher's Sword[/item] with 20 agility that gives you 28+20*2=68, which is a little bit better than the 65 AP felbane dagger.

11 agi ribby with 20 agi gives you (11+20)*2+10=72, which is better than the 65 AP felbane dagger.

even 7/7 monkey ribby with 20 agi gives you (7+20)*2+7/2+10=67.5, which is still better than the 65 AP felbane dagger.

but that's not the point, if a rogue does get the felbane weapon, get berserking, or deathfrost or even icebreaker

after all, why would you get a dagger with 0 stat then put a stat enchant on it? you go through all those trouble, pay all that gold, just to get something that's not even BiS, that's just lame.

@warlocks,

if you put deathfrost (which does proc off dots now!) on your felbane weapon, your opponent will probably be permanently slowed by 15%(movement/casting/attack), that's like free curse of exhaustion at all times!(proc chance 50%, no internal CD)
WORST ADVICE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

glancealot said:
assuming that 1 agility is 2 AP, 1 stam is 2 AP. (using the AEP formula)
LOL WAT?!?!?! Did u even read ur link? Seriously, did u?

PVP AEP

1 Agility = 1 AEP

1 Strength = .60 AEP

1 Stamina = .50 AEP

Then again, this is the same guy that discounts anyone rogue that doesn't have a 2.x flag return per game ratio. The same guy that thought a stam rogue w/ lifestealing enchants would be a good idea. The same guy that looks @ win ratio but discounts every other factor of the game, number of twinks, faction dominance, etc.

Look @ his spec for god sake, I'm pretty sure he's either trolling or retarded.

Alkaholic said:
WORST ADVICE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL WAT?!?!?! Did u even read ur link? Seriously, did u?

Then again, this is the same guy that discounts anyone rogue that doesn't have a 2.x flag return per game ratio. The same guy that thought a stam rogue w/ lifestealing enchants would be a good idea. The same guy that looks @ win ratio but discounts every other factor of the game, number of twinks, faction dominance, etc.

Look @ his spec for god sake, I'm pretty sure he's either trolling or retarded.

read through the whole thread before posting like an idiot.

glancealot said:
you didn't realize that the current AEP that you mentioned is for level 80's. in fact, you didn't know that the AEP system has changed a lot because of BC and WotLK, did you? (imo, unless you have played a class a lot, don't pretend that you know a lot about it) we should stick to the AEP formula used in vanilla wow, because, well, we are below 60 aren't we?:D and in fact, nowadays level 49 twinks have roughly the same stats as old school shadowcraft 60 rogues, so the old school AEP formula suits us very well.

therefore, we should use the original one, which is

"10 Agility = 10 Stamina = 20 Strength = 20 Attack Power = 1% Crit"

regarding crit rating and hit rating that didn't exist in vanilla wow, with some simple math maneuvering, you can figure out the AEP equivalent of those very quickly:)

22.7 agi is 1% crit at 49, 11 crit rating is 1% crit at 49, so

1 AEP = 1 crit rating

since 1 hit is 1.5 crit, before you hit 5%,

1 hit rating = 1.5 AEP

edit: and school started so i stopped playing, the set i have on armory is my pve set, notice i have duel spec?

edit 2: btw, nice 0.91 flag return per WSG game, that's a lot for an ambush rogue like yourself, not mentioning the crap winning ratio...lol...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-statistics.xml?r=Skullcrusher&cn=ßoobies&gn=Decimation

Damage: 180 - 239

Speed: 2.70

Power: 596

Hit Rating: 35

Crit: 12.87

Nice AP, Crit, Weapon dmg, also, I accumulated 60% of ur kills in 1 month when u've had that rogue for over a year. Ur pvp spec was garbage too last I checked.

Alkaholic said:
Nice AP, Crit, Weapon dmg, also, I accumulated 60% of ur kills in 1 month when u've had that rogue for over a year. Ur pvp spec was garbage too last I checked.

again, i was in my pvp spec(sub, i was soloing BRD coffers and that spec is better for running to coffer because of the stealth and bonus speed) with my pve set (lifestealing etc, if i do get aggro, a dagger in mainhand would be suicidal), so the stats you linked mean nothing...

regarding HK's, i never thought it meant much but if you insist...

here is my *cough* alt...

[char=Winterhoof]Axelle[/char]

i have quite a few 10,000 HK level 29/39 twinks too that don't even appear in armory because i havn't played them in a while...

edit: again, nice win ratio there, i remember a while back when i brought up this point, you were saying that you didn't play enough games to show your true power, but it looks like that you simply have no idea how wsg works, 60% win ratio, not even 1 flag return per game as a rogue...lol...

edit 2: oh oh oh, this is so funny, i had to edit this in

this is you:

flag captured: 6 in 162 games...0.037 flag capture per game...

this is me:

flag captured: 180 in 414 games...0.435 flag capture per game...

that's 12 times of yours btw...lol

this is you:

this is me: 166 in 254 games... 0.653 flag capture per game...

Question: DOES IT FUCKING MATTER?

Peanùts said:
this is you:

Answer: NOPE!

sure flag returns are nice to have...but it's not a stat that should be looked at that much. or to look down on people for having a lower ratio, its just redickerous. didnt this argument happen like a month ago anyways? can we stop flaming people for their ratios. it doesnt make or break the player.

Peanùts said:
this is you:

i'd be surprised if you were talking about your rogue:)

comparison of stats between different classes means nothing,

but if you didn't notice, i was comparing my 49 rogue(see sig) with his 49 rogue(The World of Warcraft Armory)

How's this, my really old level 66 twink with 9 WSG games played and 54 Flags Returned. :p

JK, seriously stats mean diddly squat now. It's all about team composition and how you work as a team now.

glancealot said:
again, i was in my pvp spec(sub, i was soloing BRD coffers and that spec is better for running to coffer because of the stealth and bonus speed) with my pve set (lifestealing etc, if i do get aggro, a dagger in mainhand would be suicidal), so the stats you linked mean nothing...

regarding HK's, i never thought it meant much but if you insist...

here is my *cough* alt...

[char=Winterhoof]Axelle[/char]

i have quite a few 10,000 HK level 29/39 twinks too that don't even appear in armory because i havn't played them in a while...

edit: again, nice win ratio there, i remember a while back when i brought up this point, you were saying that you didn't play enough games to show your true power, but it looks like that you simply have no idea how wsg works, 60% win ratio, not even 1 flag return per game as a rogue...lol...

edit 2: oh oh oh, this is so funny, i had to edit this in

this is you:

flag captured: 6 in 162 games...0.037 flag capture per game...

this is me:

that's 12 times of yours btw...lol

I am sorry to say this but you are a retard!

Trying to qualify your self based on flag returns means nothing more than you click faster than other pugs in your horrible battle group.

Shitty spec and itemization shows you are a moron and don't know how to play.

Feel free to argue how clicking a flag in pugs means you know how to play WSG.... while the rest of us laugh at your stupidity.

Please I encourage you to argue with me to try and validate your idiocy.

I am pretty sure we could all do with a laugh at your expense.

Judging by how you measure success in 49 pvp I am pretty confident most people here would take Alk over you.... since he knows how to spec, itemize, lock down healers, focus targets, call priority targets, has great field awareness, highly experiences in premades and factors.

But by all means continue to sit in stealth and mash your mouse click to get a flag return............ at least you won't be entirely useless and can continue to come here and boast how you think you matter in pvp cause you click a flag fast!

Patiently awaiting your vain attempt at a retort!

I'd be repeating myself if I continued arguing w/ this buffoon. Everyone please refer to this thread...

http://pwndepot.com/forum/40-49/20079-lets-discuss-rogues-spec-bracket.html

He even had the brilliant idea to stay 48 so that his agility counted for more crit. Everytime someone says something about their toon, he starts an epeen contest then resorts to stats. He's been shat on several times on several boards.

[e] - This guy is a class act...

http://twinkinfo.com/forums/40-49-bracket/6671-purge.html

Krymore said:
Shitty spec and itemization shows you are a moron and don't know how to play.

the spec itself is perfect, i ambush with dagger and switch to a 2.7 weapon to spam hemo, etc. the set i have on is my pve set, which is what i do now that BG's never pop anymore in my battle group.

Krymore said:
Feel free to argue how clicking a flag in pugs means you know how to play WSG.... while the rest of us laugh at your stupidity.

with the current stats system, flag return/flag cap/winning ratio is the only stats related to wsg, tell me how else you can judge a player's wsg skill based on their armory?

Krymore said:
Judging by how you measure success in 49 pvp I am pretty confident most people here would take Alk over you.... since he knows how to spec, itemize, lock down healers, focus targets, call priority targets, has great field awareness, highly experiences in premades and factors.

But by all means continue to sit in stealth and mash your mouse click to get a flag return

you can tell all that by looking at our armories?

Krymore said:
at least you won't be entirely useless and can continue to come here and boast how you think you matter in pvp cause you click a flag fast!

clutch returns/pick ups require you to click faster than your opponents.

Taitaih said:
How's this, my really old level 66 twink with 9 WSG games played and 54 Flags Returned. :p

JK, seriously stats mean diddly squat now. It's all about team composition and how you work as a team now.

taitaih that's because you are a good player, look at your own 49 warlock,

The World of Warcraft Armory

with a winning ratio of 77% and 175/396= 0.44 cap per game, you are definitely more effective than any other warlock that i have seen, and this coincides with the fact that you are one of the most well known 49 warlocks.

myself, i have 78.5% winning ratio (notice a patern here guys? aim for the magic 75% barrier that seperats the bads from the good ones), which is slightly higher than your 77%, but roughly in the same ballpark, and i have 180/414= 0.43 cap per game, (notice a patern here people? aim for 1 cap every two games even if you are not a flag running class, if you are, aim for 2 per game), sure the bad twinks here can argue that the STRIKING SIMILARITIES(77% winning ratio vs 78%, 0.44 cap/game vs 0.43) of the stats of myself and taitaih(two dps classes) mean very little, but the good twinks will realize that this is what they should aim for.

edit: just thought i 'd add this to reinforce my logic:

this isn't a very good rogue, but he is way better than any of the other rogues posting here at TI (boobies/tweedledum/falkor's gnome rogue etc), but as you can see, his stats isn't anywhere near myself or taitaih.

373/525=71% only 71% winning ratio, which is quite a bit lower than myself or taitaih's almost 80%, but still way better than, say, boobie's pitiful 50%~60%.

185/525= 0.35 flag cap per game, which is again, quite a bit lower than myself or taitaih's 0.44~0.45, but again, way better than, to be exact, 10 times better than boobie's pitiful 0.037

and here is the same player's mage

he wins 75% on his mage, and is able to cap 0.55 per game. but this is because mage is usually more useful than rogue in wsg, if i played the same mage, i'd average at least 85% winning ratio and cap 2 flag per game, which again shows that i am better than this person, but this person is still better than 95% of the twinks that post here.

here is boobie's profile for comparison purposes, don't play/gear/glyph like him tho, it's only for comparison purposes to show how bad he is.

edit 2: @all the bad twinks around here, everything i say is based on armory profiles, please don't just make up numbers, link your armory profile if you want to say something.

glancealot said:
Bullshit

bullshit

bullshit

bullshit

edit 2: @all the bad twinks around here, everything i say is based on armory profiles, please don't just make up numbers, link your armory profile if you want to say something.

hahahahahaha....

Was gonna actually respond to him in a couple other threads he spewed retardation in this morning, but thought I would just laugh instead.

ah well, fuck it: HOW MANY TIMES DO PEOPLE HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT ARMORY STATS MEAN NOTHING?

If you won't transfer your broke ass over to Ruin then at least jump on PTR sometime so people can actually see if you're worth half a shit.

Stats are nice and all if you like to look at them, and I appreciate the your nod that I'm a decent player based off of my stats, but they still don't tell the whole story about a player.

I started on my warlock as 40/0/0 full damage affliction (like 420+ shadow damage, void sac, pre felhunter glyph). I had pretty much 0 caps and maybe averaged 1-2 flag returns per game.

Now I'm pretty much a designated "pug" flag carrier, and it was only in the few game I got in before I came to Ruin where I started carrying flags each game. Far from returning flags every game, I started capping 3 per game. Most of the 150+ flag captures I had were from my most recent games.

Moobs is a good player, I've seen him play and I've been on both the living side and the dying side of his Ambush/Evis spec. It may be a noobass spec to play, but SL/SL or SL/Destro can be considered noobish as well. He may not make the best showing on his rogue (at least stats wise), but he's pretty damn good on his hunter. I don't have to look at stats to determine that.

Either way it's a whole different ball game now. Since the arrival of 3.2, stats are now obsolete. You may be in charge of helping the defense 100% of the time (Defensive Hunter usually, or Warlock/Mage), or you may be on Offense where you'll actually have the opportunity to return a flag. Flag Captures are left solely to those who can truly run the flag without getting glibbed at the first instance. There are times in full twink pug games where you can get away with not having the best composition, but that's pretty rare these days.

Glance, you have to see what 3.2 has really done to BGs before you take a look at stats. I know I can't just run into the incoming mass of Horde at the beginning with zerker (I mean, I COULD, but it would be suicide). The game has changed (much closer to level 60 pvp imo), which render most stats obsolete. It's the teamwork, the team composition, correct crowd control, and coordination. There is no more (at least not as much) carrying your team to victory. Either you win as a team, or you lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread