Skepticism for Classic WoW(Activision Blizzard)

A player’s reputation on your server was practically everything in Vanilla. That really was an integral part of the game. Many people that play now just can’t grasp the reality of that.
My raiding guild in Vanilla and BC and even WotLK had pretty strict requirements on how you conducted yourself. You were representing the guild when the guild tag attached to your character’s name.

/cheers
I remember getting invited to one of the top raiding guilds when I first subbed because of RL friend. I was leveling and stuck in area asking for help. After about 10 min of no responses I said in G chat. " fuck this guild" almost instantly I was booted lol. I was noob and still am.

I remember getting invited to one of the top raiding guilds when I first subbed because of RL friend. I was leveling and stuck in area asking for help. After about 10 min of no responses I said in G chat. " fuck this guild" almost instantly I was booted lol. I was noob and still am.

Guilds were serious business back then. Especially the top end ones.
We had an application you had to fill out. And a trial period.

/cheers

I'm hoping they do like a hybrid blend of old school rules and new school features. I started playing in TBC and it was confusing then so I hope they're gonna modernize it. Not what it is today, certainly not what it was then, but a nice common ground.

Re-watch anyone who Blizzard sent classic wow surveys and you'll see/read/hear some questions give away possible hints at what their overall goal is. Super excited for Classic WoW! That's where all the real twinking will be going down!

Reactions: KPI
Sharding bothers me in a couple of ways. First I think the chaotic nature of THE MASS LEVELLING ZERG is part of the magic, sure its a pain in the ass but zone chat will be pumping and thats the vanilla experience, secondly it demonstrates a willingness on blizzards behalf to make core changes to the vanilla experience and at the moment blizzard seems in a dramatic downward spiral in terms of being on the same wavelength with the wider player base whether its content, game mechanics or system implementation. So phasing induces a fear in me that the next change they make to the vanilla experience whatever the fuck it is, will just fuck vanilla up. If they dont think players can hack a few days of highly populated questing areas and for 'convenience' provide a solution to it then what other 'convenience' changes are in the future?

Im already pissed about the patch vanilla is launching with which ruins the whole early vanilla experience imo

My point is our dad is still making the decisions but now he has fkn Alzheimer's and cant even remember our names

If you took out sharding and went for a more vanilla experience, it'd be worse than unplayably crowded starting zones. The whole first month would probably be spent waiting on a login queue. Servers were much smaller than today's high pops. Sharding basically removed the cap on servers. In the grand scheme of things maybe it's not a good thing that it took away the only downside of high pop realms, but using that tech to make launch playable isn't a bad thing.

The initial rush is going to be huge - far bigger than anything that existed in vanilla or on private server launches. First impressions are really important. There's still going to be a fuckton of people doing starting quests, but making it so people can actually play the game should help a lot with more sustainable long-term servers.

The Ceo of Blizzard wanted to buy his 6th mansion, to go along with his 8th yacht.

Give him a break :) lol

One of the nice things about the Classic project is there's very few ways raid-obsessed mediocrities like Hazzikostas can screw it up. I don't expect them to please everyone since most of us lean one way or another between keeping the experience as true to vanilla as possible or implementing small QOL changes, loot sharing being a good example.

I'm most looking forward to World PvP. Facing the same guys night after night and developing rivalries and reputations, and the occasional nemesis. Also being able to PvP at max level without being frustrated by every class having a billion bubbles, self-heals & outs. Years of class homogenization gone in an instant... sounds like heaven.

As a person who has done level 60 Zul'Aman and Onyxia's Lair. I look forward to that, I missed swapping between resistance sets and what not. As for a person who has twinked since Vanilla, I also look forward to that.

If it will be true vanilla, I will be impressed. Shamans tanking, LFM Dead Mines, must corpse swim from STV to Dead Mines as Horde or LFM RFC as Alliance, must corpse run from Durotar to Dungeon.

/sighs, good times.

"Laying off the 800+ people was the hardest 5 decisions ive ever had to make"
Hur hur hur

If Classic WoW stays true to how it really was, it is going to be a real eye opener for a LOT of players.
Many of today’s raging gamers won’t be able to get along in Classic WoW unless they change their attitude or Blizzard changes the game to better suit them(sound familiar?)
Many of those ‘improvements’ brought us to the point to where we are today in the game.

/cheers
[doublepost=1550497080,1550496870][/doublepost]
guild forums Pog

Have to make your schedules available. And post your GuildOx(RiP) numbers, world standings, WoW Progress, etc...

We scheduled times just to go raid on the PTR so we could figure out strats before the raid dropped live. Everyone was required to create alts to run other people’s mains so we could get specific drops.

/cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: KPI
Kinda concerned how this butchering of games of late will effect Warcraft 3 reforged.

One of the nice things about the Classic project is there's very few ways raid-obsessed mediocrities like Hazzikostas can screw it up. I don't expect them to please everyone since most of us lean one way or another between keeping the experience as true to vanilla as possible or implementing small QOL changes, loot sharing being a good example.

I'm most looking forward to World PvP. Facing the same guys night after night and developing rivalries and reputations, and the occasional nemesis. Also being able to PvP at max level without being frustrated by every class having a billion bubbles, self-heals & outs. Years of class homogenization gone in an instant... sounds like heaven.
You just gave me a semi with that untainted pvp talk ️

Just hoping i will be able to finish my classic experience by killing KT, only had 2-4 failed pulls on "Four Horseman's"

It honestly depends on what patch they decide to use as well. Vanilla had a few updates before TBC came out.

Users who are viewing this thread