Sharing of guides in Spanish

They do teach english at school (at least in my country) but it's really just basic stuff. And as Rakkzul said it, most of them are somewhat young, so they couldn't care less.
As I see it is not about making an exception. Many people from different countries visit this site, yes, but most spanish speakers don't. Guides for them are not a proof of their "dumbness" but an attempt to make them, if not part of the community, at least self conscious of what they are playing/doing.
I don't think many people see the potential of this. Currently we do not have many spanish speakers on the site, ofc the guides aren't for people here ('cause 99% speak english). They would be for people out there, the ones that we always complain about. This effort would be for them, what's the point of telling them to go visit Twinkinfo if they won't understand a thing?
AND it's a voluntary thing aswell, as everything here. I wouldn't mind having guides in french or in german or in russian but if no one is willing to do them then that's not my fault (I, sadly, don't speak those languages). If you don't want to contribute, you don't have to, but don't block the road of a, possible, bright tomorrow.

im not blocking road, im all up for this, but if its kids who dont care, why make guides for them? any person who cares enough would use Google translate to understand the guides, the ppl u are talking dont visit this site and most of them dont even want to learn.

now we gonna start making guides in all languages? not good idea in my opnion, ppl should just learn english, unless this site implements, a option with various idioms. i dont see this sucefully happening.

if ur english is not very good, dont skip english classes, everytime u have doubt about some words use Google translater. thats wut i do.

they can be part of the community, just learn english like the rest of us, now we should change the community just cuz spanish players are 5year olds or dont want to learn english?

wut do u mean as basic stuff? colors? numbers? dates?

Last edited by a moderator:
im not blocking road, im all up for this, but if its kids who dont care, why make guides for them? any person who cares enough would use Google translate to understand the guides, the ppl u are talking dont visit this site and most of them dont even want to learn.

now we gonna start making guides in all languages? not good idea in my opnion, ppl should just learn english, unless this site implements, a option with various idioms. i dont see this sucefully happening.

if ur english is not very good, dont skip english classes, everytime u have doubt about some words use Google translater. thats wut i do.

they can be part of the community, just learn english like the rest of us, now we should change the community just cuz spanish players are 5year olds or dont want to learn english?

As evidenced by the guide he posted for PvE tanking, he's not making guides here - he is posting links to the guides he makes on his blog and asking for comments there.

Hello, good evening. First of all, I'm Cosmo and is a pleasure to meet you. I hope not wrong, but you considered a bad idea to guides in all languages, that part is right, because the English as a global language is well known, not known by many. My idea is not to change and begin to change this site gradually Spanish (I hope not give that impression), was simply see the possibility that this site could have a few threads in Spanish, where people who know the language could speak their native language simply offer some content in your language. To avoid possible confusion with electronic translators, since it is well known that fail, even I in this copy and paste this to me risking my message I will mistranslated and so misunderstood by his side. Learning the English language is for some a bit complicated, and more with the poor system that my country has regarding the teaching of the language, some will understand something else, but maybe understand some words and try to understand the whole message that. That's why I decided to make this thread, not so much have the rigidity of the translator, so that people will be interested in this ad (and perhaps seeing that much of the information is in English, are encouraged to learn that language).

Thank you very much for reading this message. Warm greetings.

----------------------------In spanish xD------------------------(Copy&paste)

Hola, buenas noches. Antes que nada, soy Cosmo y es un gusto conocerlo. Espero y no me equivoque, pero usted considera una mala idea hacer guias en todos los lenguajes, eso en parte tiene razon, ya que el ingles como idioma universal es bien sabido, no es conocido por muchos. Mi idea no es cambiar y comenzar a cambiar este sitio poco a poco a español (Espero no dar esa impresion), era simplemente ver la posibilidad de que este sitio se pudiera tener unos cuantos hilos en idioma español, donde la gente que conoce ese idioma podria hablar en su idioma natal, simplemente, ofrecerles algo de contenido en su idioma. Para evitar posibles confusiones con traductores electronicos, ya que es bien sabido que fallan, hasta yo en este copy and paste me esto arriesgando a mi que me mensaje sera mal traducido y por eso mal entendido por su parte. Aprender el idioma ingles es para algunos un tanto complicado, y mas con el sistema pobre que mi pais posee en cuanto a la enseñanza de ese idioma, que algunos le entendemos es otra cosa, pero entendemos quizas algunas palabras y tratamos de entender todo el mensaje de esa forma. Es por eso que decidi hacer este hilo, para no tener tanta la rigidez del traductor, para que la gente le interese esta pagina (Y quizas al ver que gran parte de la informacion este en ingles, se anime a aprender ese idioma).

Muchas gracias por leer este mensaje. Saludos afectuosos.

As evidenced by the guide he posted for PvE tanking, he's not making guides here - he is posting links to the guides he makes on his blog and asking for comments there.

Hello, good evening. For clarification of this and my other post, the reason why I put the content elsewhere, is by mia comfort, yet I can not get used to this medium, but gradually'm understanding you.

Under Guides pve tank, thanks to some of your comments I realized that even that was a good thing, it could return tedious, so now I'm thinking that we can put in the "specialized guides" tank.

PS: I hope there is no problem with the guides are in another forum, if so let me know, I'll see what I can do.

Good night.

While this is an English forum, I see nothing wrong with trying to make it accessible to non-English speakers.

I think this is a great idea. The whole purpose of those guides is to share and help others grow and get better. Why not help accommodate and facilitate that growth even further? c:

Hello, good evening. For clarification of this and my other post, the reason why I put the content elsewhere, is by mia comfort, yet I can not get used to this medium, but gradually'm understanding you.

Under Guides pve tank, thanks to some of your comments I realized that even that was a good thing, it could return tedious, so now I'm thinking that we can put in the "specialized guides" tank.

PS: I hope there is no problem with the guides are in another forum, if so let me know, I'll see what I can do.

Good night.

You may need to prepare for some backlash. I think there is still lots of anger from when the Latin American servers (and the like) were forcibly merged into the US battle groups. The frustration of not being able to communicate, and the subsequent poor performance of groups due to that, has made people rather bias to the Spanish speakers in the bracket. And then ofc you have the stereotype that if you can't speak English you are just a common "jaja."

I wish you luck in your endeavor.

Tried to show this site to the people on the f2p spanish community, the most said phrase was "lol it's in english, fuck that"

:D
Of coarse it is in English, this is an English site based in the U. S. Would you expect a forum from China to be in Russian?

if ur english is not very good, dont skip english classes, everytime u have doubt about some words use Google translater.

You should try and have a little more open mind. Not everyone has the opportunities that you have had. I remember not too long ago a coversation this site had about someone's dishwasher being broken and someone else mentioned they had never even seen an automatic dishwasher. This site has an ecclesiastical variety of members. Some of it's members are quite young and some not quite so young. They come from various demographic backgrounds as well.
Myself, Spanish is not my primary language. However, due to the region of the country I live in and the profession I wanted to pursue when I was younger I thought it would be advantageous to learn it and have encouraged my children to do so as well. In the U.S., it is just a smart thing to do.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

Tbh I rarely get in ques with Spanish speaking people. Most of them are Brazilian speaking Portuguese from Quel Thalas or Gallywix, at least that's what's happening in the my US server lol. I always help Spanish individuals everytime they ask me something. Not even then I usually give them tips if I see major flaws. I just can't help the brazils

That fact of the matter is that from our side of the fence it appears "they" got thrusted into "our" battleground system. What we really need to do is look at it from their perspective. The angle that we are "invading" their battleground system and are not speaking their language and playing their style of game.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

Of coarse it is in English, this is an English site based in the U. S. Would you expect a forum from China to be in Russian?

You should try and have a little more open mind. Not everyone has the opportunities that you have had. I remember not too long ago a coversation this site had about someone's dishwasher being broken and someone else mentioned they had never even seen an automatic dishwasher. This site has an ecclesiastical variety of members. Some of it's members are quite young and some not quite so young. They come from various demographic backgrounds as well.
Myself, Spanish is not my primary language. However, due to the region of the country I live in and the profession I wanted to pursue when I was younger I thought it would be advantageous to learn it and have encouraged my children to do so as well. In the U.S., it is just a smart thing to do.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

i not agaisnt anything in this idea, just wanted to know few things about spanish community, i think this is good for development of this website, and that we should also make this for frenchs, germans, russians, italians.

Buena idea Cosmo, esto sera un gran cambio para la comunidad Latino Americana

Users who are viewing this thread