Shamans.Enhancement. weapon Qs and Race Qs

Kutotems

Legend
im about to make an enhancement shaman, and i had a couple questions. Should i get double mass of Mcgowan with 15 agi, or double skeleton club with feiry? also, Dwarf or Draenei? Dwarf gets expertise with maces, and draenei get the extra 1% hit rating. discuss :)

Double McGowan with 15Agil for proper set, the AP from the Agil gives more damage than any procs.

D0rf, surely; Stoneform ultimately better than GotN, and Frost Resist is better than Shadow Resist when you're on O.

Not what they said. Go Draeni because you get 1% hit to melee and spell so u dont have to worry as much abt hit. You get a decent hot, and there are more priests then mages so the shadow resistance is better.

I haven't played a shaman in the 19s, but given that they have purge, I would consider them to be almost necessary for any premade offense just to combat the priest bubble, let alone other buffs. But I could also see them going oom quickly from the purge fest that would probably happen, and thus wouldn't it be good to have a couple BoA maces with mighty int? I guess its not necessary for normal PuGs, but perhaps for something a little bit more organized. Not like that happens, but yeah....

Mnkey said:
Not what they said. Go Draeni because you get 1% hit to melee and spell so u dont have to worry as much abt hit. You get a decent hot, and there are more priests then mages so the shadow resistance is better.

But Priests only have Psychic Scream for D, Mages have CoC, Frost Nova, Pet Nova and Frost Bolt for Frost Spells.

I'd go Dwarf if there was even a slight chance there's a Frost Mage on the other team.

The HoT is awful, it's like 60 Health every 3 Seconds for 15 Seconds? Doesn't scale off AP, so it's one of, if not the, worst Racial in the Bracket.

Shamans get bursted down, by Rogues especially, the -10% all Damage from Stoneform is better.

Go elemental and be pro :p

Regardless of spec go dwarf, GotN just isn't as good as it was and enh has a very easy time hit capping anyway, you will get 4 rating from helm and 3 from ello's band which will cap your spells and they're BiS even if they had 0 hit. Only shitty thing about ele is that you miss out on a lot of gear by not being horde.

stoneform and gift of the naruu has about the same level of uselessness imho. what you need to consider, is what ROLE will you be fullfilling mostly. as an offensive player, you will encounter priests more than mages, and you should make a shaman thusly. if you plan on playing thunderpunt D, or resto D, make a shaman, as you will more often than not encounter mages in O, and the frost resist here is golden. just my grain of salt.

also, 2x mcgowans ^^

chíll said:
stoneform and gift of the naruu has about the same level of uselessness imho. what you need to consider, is what ROLE will you be fullfilling mostly. as an offensive player, you will encounter priests more than mages, and you should make a shaman thusly. if you plan on playing thunderpunt D, or resto D, make a shaman, as you will more often than not encounter mages in O, and the frost resist here is golden. just my grain of salt.

also, 2x mcgowans ^^

Wait what?

And Stoneform is way more useful than GOTN. It's not only a damage reduction, you also get rid of bleed, disease and poison effects which allows you to get a full bandage and remove Infected Wounds.

_Arkant_ said:
Wait what?

And Stoneform is way more useful than GOTN. It's not only a damage reduction, you also get rid of bleed, disease and poison effects which allows you to get a full bandage and remove Infected Wounds.

hmm.. didn't think of the remove bleed and things deal, haven't played dwarf in a while..

nvm, dwarf > anything then.

Thravian i saw your youtube vids, and theres one where you comment, you have the most chill voice EVAR. just sayin'.

Last question here, shoulder peices, i have Elements shoulders, and compared to the champs shoulder it gives intel instead of agility. The question i have, is it worth farming out the BoA shoulder seeing as i have to farm out 1200 extra gold for helm and the chest peice. Other question i had was i have the devout aurastone hammer and a Mcgowan atm, ive heard its harder to burst people down tih, but can be benificial with the extra shock damage (having the 50 or so sp +22 intel instead of +15 agi).

Users who are viewing this thread