Shamans at 19

Kutotems

Legend
Im new to the bracket (technically). I played before and during 3.2, but since then ive been doing 60s and 70s. Raiding Guildy asked me if i wanted to do 19s with him and some other guildmates, so i said sure. Ive decided to make a shaman, but im not sure if Spellhance is the best anymore (it dominated before talent changes). Ive done the research i could, and this is what i have so far: 1. Enhancement can hit insanely high with dual Mcgowans or even a strong 2h. 2. Resto isnt too good on direct heals (which is supposed to be the spec's strong point) and elemental can do all the purging and cleansing with more damage and sometimes the same amount of heals (minus the earth shield, which has been nerfed in recent patches), so it is almost worthless. 3. Elemental is all around the best choice unless you want to get in someones face and do crazy burst. You can purge enemies, interrupt healers, cleanse friendlies, and drop earthbinds and thunderstorms to help your FC, or even stall the EFC.

Please help in any way you can, id love to start playing in this bracket again, because i can surely tell that shamans take an undoubtedly high amount of skill to master in this bracket. Armory links, or even comments are great assistance!

P.S. All but grandfathered gear is no problem, i already have most of the BoAs, and i can buy/farm the others. Im willing to farm out patterns for good gear (such as the Voice amp necklace schematic). Thanks!

You know, I've seen plenty of good shamans out there, but I've never seen a resto shammy
<

PS. go to http://www.twinkinfo...armory-library/ and about 1/3 the way down the page theres a list of some pretty decent shaman's armory pages (Elemental & Enhance there), hope it helps!

Thanks! my toons at 19 atm, and i tried a focus macro with interupts, purges and shocks in an XP on match with a guildmate of mine as resto, and i didnt do too good, the direct heals arent good enough, Shamans need Healing surge to be viable as resto.

Just watch out for those fake heals, its hard to really know when to wind shock (or whatever it is that silences and interupts casts) on heals...

Users who are viewing this thread