Shaman Weapon

I posted before about using Assassin's blade on my shaman for melee purposes. I was wondering whether or not Skeletal Club would be good on him

As Waynebao said in his post

Skeletal Club: 15.6 + .5226 = 16.1226 DPS

and Assassin's Blade: 15.5DPS, 3STR 4AGI = 7AP, 7AP = .583DPS, 15.5 + .583 = 16.083DPS

I know that agi is crit/dodge/armor, and the DPS of the club is bursty because of the proc and slower speed and bigger flametongue hits.

Should i drop 1 or 2k on an AB, or buy a club

Keep in mind I'm being a hybrid, so i'll be casting shocks/lightning/heals too.

Also, for enchants. Should I have a fast weapon with crusader, then swap out to one of these with +30SP?

Whew! Thanks in advance

Omgimarogue said:
I posted before about using Assassin's blade on my shaman for melee purposes. I was wondering whether or not Skeletal Club would be good on him

As Waynebao said in his post

Skeletal Club: 15.6 + .5226 = 16.1226 DPS

and Assassin's Blade: 15.5DPS, 3STR 4AGI = 7AP, 7AP = .583DPS, 15.5 + .583 = 16.083DPS

I know that agi is crit/dodge/armor, and the DPS of the club is bursty because of the proc and slower speed and bigger flametongue hits.

Should i drop 1 or 2k on an AB, or buy a club

Keep in mind I'm being a hybrid, so i'll be casting shocks/lightning/heals too.

Also, for enchants. Should I have a fast weapon with crusader, then swap out to one of these with +30SP?

Whew! Thanks in advance

club :)

I think I would get an Face Smasher personally. I like the extra stam, and the dps is that bad, especially because ur just jousting. I also would get an Assassin's Blade just for bragging rights. Lol

Gutterblade if your looking for a melee with stam/AP and high dps for a shaman. kk.

Omgimarogue said:

Weapon procs aren't % based as such. Rather proc per minute (ppm) so it won't matter the speed of the weapon you use (unless you have instant attacks, which you don't). Crusader procs once per minute, so...

If you use a 2.0 speed weapon, it should proc once per 30 swings (allowing for RNG). If you use a 1.0 speed weapon it will proc once per 60 swings, but you're swinging twice as often.

Generally slower weapons are faster, but at 19 it makes little difference (except for Rogues and any class with some sort of an instant attack). As Diiesel said, you're mainly joysting.

Stinging Viper Good option too, if you don't have the BtA hammers which are supreme.

Stinging Viper and Skelly with 30 sp are both great options. I use a stinging viper on one of my shams cause i couldnt afford a club at the time.

Smites Reaver is probably the best because of the extra stam and the hit rating will do you wonders.

Xio said:
Smites Reaver is probably the best because of the extra stam and the hit rating will do you wonders.

Especially if, as you said, you are an Orc, and therefore gain some expertise from this weapon choice.

what about guillotine axe?:

speed 2.7

28-53

3str

3agi

It's slow, but i'll be jousting and casting anyway, and the str and agi will give me big hits.

or should i go smites for not so big hits, but hit rating?

chardev.org v6 ~ a World of Warcraft character planner

with this ^ setup with guillotine axe, my dph will be 62-88, and with smites, dph drops to 42-60, but i gain 2 hit

I'm leaning guillotine

You should absolutely try a club - they're usually real cheap on AH. With the reduction in mats cost for +30SP, you'll prolly spend more giving a rich tip to the chanter than you spend on the club and mats together!

Then, report back as to whether it's awesome or fail. :-D It does sound like guillotine axe is probably the optimum choice, though.

If you 10 man premade with your guild and act as an individual that is depended on to get their job done.. For example, CC, you would go with Smites.. If you want to put out melee damage guillotine would be better.

i did buy a club, so that will be an experiment

Also, with no experience as a shaman, will 816 mana be enough for general jousting and casting?

Omgimarogue said:
i did buy a club, so that will be an experiment

Also, with no experience as a shaman, will 816 mana be enough for general jousting and casting?

[char=Malorne]Kabl%C3%A4m[/char]

^Is a build i use on one of my shamans leaving me with 966 mana. Its a decent amount but you will find yourself stopping to drink alot and you will not be able to handle constant fighting or healing much.

Users who are viewing this thread