Shaman tips?

Ok, I just made a shaman. A shaman is completely new to me so I think it will be fun.

Some questions, though.

I'm essentially going to have 3 big sets of gear:

caster

flag capturing

melee (gonna get last after the exp toggle is implemented)

Different weapons for mana, spellpower, and spirit regeneration, also.

I looked through some guides but I didn't see anything about hit rating? What is the hit rating needed for casting and melee on a shaman?

Will caster gear and healer gear differentiate much?

Thanks. Tips are welcome.

Also,

Hit Rating: To hit your enemies more for when you want to slap someone silly with your big bad weapon. Lol Honestly I dont know, moving on.

My shaman is currently decked out for healing, but he makes one mean FC :3

Totems I use: EarthBind, Searing, StoneClaw, Str n Earth, Tremor

Evocator's Blade - +20 spirit (+2 default)

Face Smasher - +30 spell power (hey, +3 stam ^^)

Speaking as a healer, I really think I should remove +7 stam from my boots and put minor speed, but eh, I'm low on gold ^^".

In my opinion, It all depends what you like, I use to be a rogue, but I personally LOVE healing and flag carrying... Anywho, if you want some spell power / healing gear ideas, look at my twink named Swiss :3

Highest Crit (healing) to date: 707 :3

I like to do everything. Why I picked shaman.

I would mostly offensively cast and fc. Healing is for if we don't have many healers and melee is if I get bored in a pug. :)

I personally picked a Shaman because, I found my 19 rogue boring after 10k HKS and getting kited by 6 hunters in my old battlegroup. I switched groups and decided "Hey, I have a shaman with a title! ZOMG MUST TWINK!"

Well, Swiss is what I have came up with, I think I did pretty well, even though I don't have 225 herb, skinning or mining xD

KillLarryDead said:
Ok, I just made a shaman. A shaman is completely new to me so I think it will be fun.

Some questions, though.

I'm essentially going to have 3 big sets of gear:

caster

flag capturing

melee (gonna get last after the exp toggle is implemented)

Different weapons for mana, spellpower, and spirit regeneration, also.

I looked through some guides but I didn't see anything about hit rating? What is the hit rating needed for casting and melee on a shaman?

Will caster gear and healer gear differentiate much?

Thanks. Tips are welcome.

Also,

Keep shocks up on your target and stay in close range for some melee hits. And GET SUM FOKIN PURGE YO!

You have almost the exact gear I want cookie. wish I could get Inferno robe. :(

Anything on hit rating both as a caster and melee shaman? Anything? :eek:

Uh, last time I checked, you really dont miss when your casting heals on allied players :3.

Hit Rating Would Be for - Lightning Bolt, Earth and Flame Shock :3

canihascookie said:
Uh, last time I checked, you really dont miss when your casting heals on allied players :3.

Hit Rating Would Be for - Lightning Bolt, Earth and Flame Shock :3

I really don't want to heal all that much. Just if needed.

This is what I came up with IF hit rating is NOT needed. I will have to edit it up if it is.

chardev.org v6 ~ a World of Warcraft character planner

What do you think? Changes or did I do good?

BTW, I Googled "twink caster hit rating" and this page was on the first page. Ha ha.

Edit: I read casters need 6% hit not to miss? Is this true? How huge a difference will it make if I don't have it?

If you is just going to heal by necessity then you can stack hit rating...

instead of 100% you'll be hitting people 94% of the time /shrug

that is if its true :p

4% to not miss with spells, 5% to not miss with melee.

Dont bother too much with hit rating; pick up Lavishly Jeweled Ring from DM, and *maybe* a simple pearl ring when you're a purgebot.

First is to usually purge because it has the longest range unless your getting 2v1ed by hunters which in case its a battle between their dps and your heals/shocks.

If your rolling with anyone such as a rogue/hunter/war/pall drop strength of earth. You have two choices after that, LB Opener or closing distance most likely with a shock or flameshock. if they are not targeting you do LB Opener pop your flame totem and then follow up immediaty by earth shock for big burst.

The other option is to get into there face closing distance (Hunters/Casters/ROGUES) drop flame totem as you come close followed by EB when your melee strike lands. If your against melee dps like a rogue this is where you exit and kite some range and use LB followed by shock, Use rank 3 LB if neccecary, And dont expose your back use backstrafe. Its worth blowing trinket against a good warrior's ham at this point too. If its a Hunter Drop EB and do not let them get outside of melee range, as that is your best bet. Alot of the times if the hunter is fully twinked your going to need to heal as you approach, You may never even catch the good hunter's but if you keep up your lightning sheild while healing through and staying close enough to shock you can win. If they are the type to take down your totems drop stoneclaw in with the mix to stun, you can get off a clutch heal with this. I also have a rank 2 Healing wave for myself macro'd. Usually if your low against a lock or priest who is ticking you down it can be handy. Of course you should always keep your focus target on someone who has higher burst then you in a group, or key player that you can heal if your not being targetting by cc's.

Forgot to mention that flameshock is best versus Taurens and rogues. Tauren's will have the Nature resist racial and rogues cant restealth while flame shock is up, which you can keep up indefinately. Likewise for horde it will be best versus NE and rogues. I have found that 8 hit rating is generally sufficient but with 3.2 and ghost wolf you may want to put on +5 hit to boots or at least test it out. Oh and cure posion self macro (cure toxin's soon) for running hunters back into a group of ally's it bound to my mouse wheel lol.

I figure I'll pick up the +hit back and the Lavishly Jeweled Ring. Those plus the 1% hit from Draenei racial should be fine.

I was gonna get Deviate Belt also but Girdle of the Blindwatcher is too good to drop, IMO.

Thanks guys. Leveling him right now. My real life friend is rushing him for gear tomorrow. :)

KillLarryDead said:
I figure I'll pick up the +hit back and the Lavishly Jeweled Ring. Those plus the 1% hit from Draenei racial should be fine.

I was gonna get Deviate Belt also but Girdle of the Blindwatcher is too good to drop, IMO.

Thanks guys. Leveling him right now. My real life friend is rushing him for gear tomorrow. :)

The cloak and draenei racial alone get you to around 3,4% hit (0,6% to cap), getting deviate belt or the hit ring on top of this is a bit overkill imo.

Heres my shaman [char=Dragonblight]Tøtem[/char]

If the link doesnt work just look up Tøtem, he is on dragonblight.

How to play shaman: Bind Purge to every single key and roll your face over the keyboard.

This sacred advice has been passed down from generation to generation. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread