Shadowlands F2P Warrior Guide

Any saronite hotspots other than Icecrown or Wintergrasp? Even in Sholazar I've got so much level 60 flight-farming that at least 60% of the nodes despawn before I can reach/mine them.... seems I may have chosen a high-pop server cluster, didnt do any research cuz "it's f2play- cant trade, AH, or mail.... how could it matter??"

:mad:

Only during an actual battle can I get decent results in Wintergrasp, since they cant fly and are too lazy to run like me.

edit- plus... FU, Icecrown.
yxwokgl.png

(pally, not a warrior, but same overall stuff... great guide. Thanks!)

Any saronite hotspots other than Icecrown or Wintergrasp? Even in Sholazar I've got so much level 60 flight-farming that at least 60% of the nodes despawn before I can reach/mine them.... seems I may have chosen a high-pop server cluster, didnt do any research cuz "it's f2play- cant trade, AH, or mail.... how could it matter??"

:mad:

Only during an actual battle can I get decent results in Wintergrasp, since they cant fly and are too lazy to run like me.

edit- plus... FU, Icecrown.
yxwokgl.png

(pally, not a warrior, but same overall stuff... great guide. Thanks!)

Warmode and wintergrasp was probably the most success I had farming it. Or doing sholazar basin but only farming 1/4 to 1/3 of the circle. Keep in mind, the nodes respawn faster than someone with flying is going to be able to get back to them. And you're never going to compete with them for the whole zone. So pick a slice of it and just make sure that slice is barren for them every time they come through. You'll get your ore and if you're lucky, they'll get frustrated eventually and leave.

Try to see if you could switch chromie time, lvl 60 farmers are only in the BfA timeline. But as some f2p report, you might have that bug where you can't switch , go warmode.
Another way would be to try to queue synch with another alt (alt that is on another realm, preferably dead), from another account. Open a secondary wow instance with a secondary account, try to sync the dungeon finder, and if you are lucky they will be in the same party. Clear the dungeon and then go with both chars in the same party. Make sure the alt is the leader of the party. When in the same location, press the party sync button. With God's will, you may be moved to the dead realm of the alt. See if you can get more nodes this way.
Third way would be to go vet, and get chromie time access. I swear to God, 90% of the issues I ever have with high-level farmers can be solved with changing timeline.

Chromie has no interest in me, cant change it... warmode was 200% better, it'll be fine. Trying not to group at all beyond LFG on this f2play account, have tons of vets and dont see the difference in running a vet or grouping as a f2play. Why bother f2play at all if you're going to use another account to gear it? Trying to be a masochist and solo the whole deal... cuz why not? ;)

edit- had a good run of titanium right off the bat first Wintergrasp farm in warmode, made good progress in just like 40 mins:
eeMrdRU.png

Thanks @Chops !

Hi! I’m new here, have a lot of questions, but the big one is - how to solo dungeons as ftp warrior?! Can’t post link cause newbie, but currently I have crusader chant and 28 Ilvl pandaria greens, spinal injector ofc, can’t even farm BC dungeon bosses. Any advice is appreciated!

Hi! I’m new here, have a lot of questions, but the big one is - how to solo dungeons as ftp warrior?! Can’t post link cause newbie, but currently I have crusader chant and 28 Ilvl pandaria greens, spinal injector ofc, can’t even farm BC dungeon bosses. Any advice is appreciated!

I triend to solo some of the tbc dungeons and most of the classic ones aswell and from what I can tell you it that you need pretty decent gear + gems + enchants to not die in like 10sec. Next thing is that warriors dont really have that much self healing and some bosses literally can oneshot you.

I would get some gear and some consumes if you really want to solo those dungeons. But again some are just not ment to be soloed esp. by warrior.

If you want to solo those dungeons for gear of something like that I would suggest that you ask a high lvl friend, someone here or buy yourself second accound and boost yourself that way. Can aswell get group but you need someone to inv ppl.

bother f2play at all if you're going to use another account to gear it?
I often wonder that as well.

What fun is it in being a build a bear twink from AH? A lot of the fun is seeing what you can achieve within the constraints of the F2P system.

I triend to solo some of the tbc dungeons and most of the classic ones aswell and from what I can tell you it that you need pretty decent gear + gems + enchants to not die in like 10sec. Next thing is that warriors dont really have that much self healing and some bosses literally can oneshot you.

I would get some gear and some consumes if you really want to solo those dungeons. But again some are just not ment to be soloed esp. by warrior.

If you want to solo those dungeons for gear of something like that I would suggest that you ask a high lvl friend, someone here or buy yourself second accound and boost yourself that way. Can aswell get group but you need someone to inv ppl.

Thank you for reply! But I see some ftp warriors, that have crow wing reaper, as example and over BC stuff. I think @Chops got it without help, just wondering what setup can help to start farming this.

Warrior can solo stuff, but it is a long process. I play a linked f2p, so I had access to most of the random dungeons, but if you truly wanted to do f2p warrior by yourself from the ground up, I think it would be possible but definitely a long grind. You have to build up your gear slowly, getting low hanging fruit first and then building out from there. Start with stuff like the pandaria vendor greens and TBC quest rewards with sockets, BfA rare procs (and socket procs from the BfA dungeons if you're willing to use dungeon finder for those). Then piece by piece, find TBC socket gear that drops from easier/earlier bosses, and swap out your existing items. You will probably need to enchant and gem your placeholder gear, which makes it even more of a grind. I'm not sure you can solo absolutely everything available to 20s, but I do know you can solo the stratholme service entrance (just barely) once you have basically-BiS gear. From what I've read, ramstein is generally considered the hardest 20's dungeon boss to solo. So the ceiling is there, its just a question of if you can get there without help.

Prot is going to be the spec of choice generally. Ignore pain is going to need to be up near 100% of the time. Healing sources are essential because you are a warrior and can't heal yourself on demand. For trash clearing/bosses with adds, victory rush will help carry you. It goes without saying that Crusader is necessary. Spinal healing injector is very important. https://www.wowhead.com/item=137538/orb-of-torment?bonus=1826:1472&ilvl=25 is going to be necessary for harder bosses. Whether you can solo the boss that drops it before you get it is probably make or break for large scale warrior soloing. That said, you might be able to scrape together something reasonable even if you can't get the orb.

Warrior can solo stuff, but it is a long process. I play a linked f2p, so I had access to most of the random dungeons, but if you truly wanted to do f2p warrior by yourself from the ground up, I think it would be possible but definitely a long grind. You have to build up your gear slowly, getting low hanging fruit first and then building out from there. Start with stuff like the pandaria vendor greens and TBC quest rewards with sockets, BfA rare procs (and socket procs from the BfA dungeons if you're willing to use dungeon finder for those). Then piece by piece, find TBC socket gear that drops from easier/earlier bosses, and swap out your existing items. You will probably need to enchant and gem your placeholder gear, which makes it even more of a grind. I'm not sure you can solo absolutely everything available to 20s, but I do know you can solo the stratholme service entrance (just barely) once you have basically-BiS gear. From what I've read, ramstein is generally considered the hardest 20's dungeon boss to solo. So the ceiling is there, its just a question of if you can get there without help.

Prot is going to be the spec of choice generally. Ignore pain is going to need to be up near 100% of the time. Healing sources are essential because you are a warrior and can't heal yourself on demand. For trash clearing/bosses with adds, victory rush will help carry you. It goes without saying that Crusader is necessary. Spinal healing injector is very important. https://www.wowhead.com/item=137538/orb-of-torment?bonus=1826:1472&ilvl=25 is going to be necessary for harder bosses. Whether you can solo the boss that drops it before you get it is probably make or break for large scale warrior soloing. That said, you might be able to scrape together something reasonable even if you can't get the orb.

Wow, this is a really big help, thank you so much! Seems like I doing right, but it just need more time.

I think @Chops got it without help
I got carried through mobs and solo'd the bosses for double loot. So yes, its soloable. But its not quick.

I did it as fury, not prot, because I found the double crusader procs and small (but valuable) bloodthirst heal more helpful than a little extra mitigation. You wont always have a choice but if you can use Ignore Pain when 1 or even 2 crusader buffs are up, the absorb gets huge. But prot is certainly capable of soloing it as well. I also did it before the crusader heal got buffed, so its probably a slight bit less tedious these days.

Honestly, the best advice I can give is be patient, have a lot of healing pots and bandages on hand and actually take the time to learn the boss mechanics. It may seem small now but learning when you can run around a corner and bandage while a boss is casting a long spell or something can be a lifesaver. Though, sometimes you just gotta face tank it and just not stand in the fire.

I got carried through mobs and solo'd the bosses for double loot. So yes, its soloable. But its not quick.

I did it as fury, not prot, because I found the double crusader procs and small (but valuable) bloodthirst heal more helpful than a little extra mitigation. You wont always have a choice but if you can use Ignore Pain when 1 or even 2 crusader buffs are up, the absorb gets huge. But prot is certainly capable of soloing it as well. I also did it before the crusader heal got buffed, so its probably a slight bit less tedious these days.

Honestly, the best advice I can give is be patient, have a lot of healing pots and bandages on hand and actually take the time to learn the boss mechanics. It may seem small now but learning when you can run around a corner and bandage while a boss is casting a long spell or something can be a lifesaver. Though, sometimes you just gotta face tank it and just not stand in the fire.

Thank you for reply, sir!
Accidentally obtained epic cudgel, and yeah with two crusaders now I feel a lot more confident with smf. Also want to level up cataclysm engineering for cogs, but I can get obsidian only from obsidian stoneslave, that’s really painful, maybe I can get it somewhere else?

You can mine obsidium in Hyjal, as f2play you can run there. West side of winterspring you can make some careful jumps to get around that big gorge blocking you then run around mining from there...

Careful tho, cuz last I heard if you die there your nearest graveyard is a couple zones away which is a crappy corpserun.

You can mine obsidium in Hyjal, as f2play you can run there. West side of winterspring you can make some careful jumps to get around that big gorge blocking you then run around mining from there...

Careful tho, cuz last I heard if you die there your nearest graveyard is a couple zones away which is a crappy corpserun.

Omg! I spending like days riding around this gorge and didn’t find enter to hyjal.

I will go to vashj'ir for obsidian ore. In the southwest you can circle without any mobs.
Just get Nagrand Cherry, so you can breathe under water.

Omg! I spending like days riding around this gorge and didn’t find enter to hyjal.

Well there's also a spot on the EAST side right near a rare mob named Quetzl (wind serpent) where you can make a jump on a 20. I just went there on a 15 to see if I could do it and was unsuccessful with the slower mounted speed...

BUT if you have a goblin glider you can just go to a high point and glide around the barrier terrain to the other side.

There's also some bear mobs up there that you might be able to charge to as a warrior, I was a pally so couldnt try.

rTz659O.jpg

edit- I used the zandalari pterrodax racial glider, worked just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread