Shadowfang farming

Is this even possible?

It's not that I can't afford Shadowfang, it's just that I can't find it.

I'm wondering if I can farm it myself.

Well of course its possible, but extremely time consuming. The fact that its a random drop from SFK, just doesnt make it an easy thing to do.

farming shadowfang is not a good idea

in the time it takes you could make enough cash to get about 5 people to transfer over to you and to sell you their shadowfangs

Highhealz said:
I have my DK (~58) parked at sfk and run it about every other day, on run #6. So far, no good drops.

Pre WotLK, I decided that I needed Assassin's Blade, another random blue drop weapon in SFK, and decided to farm the instance on my 70 boomkin. I could clear the instance in about 15-20 minutes (a fury warrior could probably do it faster) by chain pulling in 4 sections (Pre door, post door castle group, parapet to the big dog and then the rest). I could get 3-4 full clear in an hour.

Why do I tell you all this? Because I lost count how many times I ran SFK after 100 clears (I maybe put in 3 hours a day for about 2 weeks) and never saw Assassin's Blade or Shadowfang. The only blue I got was Black Malice –albeit I did get that one 6 times.

Unless you have lots of time, and are very lucky, I’d highly recommend you farm the AH.

there are people that want to have perfect twinks. they might pay thousands of gold for a SF, or if they don't have that option they might farm it for weeks, if not months.

in my opinion not having a perfect rogue is a much better idea than spending tons of time trying to farm for a SF.

all up to how much you desire a perfect/better twink.

Druiddroid said:
there are people that want to have perfect twinks. they might pay thousands of gold for a SF, or if they don't have that option they might farm it for weeks, if not months.

in my opinion not having a perfect rogue is a much better idea than spending tons of time trying to farm for a SF.

all up to how much you desire a perfect/better twink.

Great point- Also, by doing it "your own way" and adapting to your gear, you can create a whole new way to be effective in the 19's.

Ya, I realize there is a very small chance farming it every once in a while will do anything. I see it more like buying a lottery ticket, if I find It that would be awesome, if not, then I only wasted about 20min and still can make decent money off the drops.

This is more of a bi-weekly thing then everyday (run #6 was just an estimate) and I think I have about just as much chance having it drop then finding it for less than 1k gold on the auction house

Back before Wotlk, I was farming SFK constantly with my hunter once it was in the high 30s and even more so after it hit 70 and geared up a bit... Never saw Shadowfang or Assassin's Blade once. I did however come across a Night Reaver (which IMO works out better for my warrior vs a shadow fang + sheild). Other drops I think i came across were a Black Malice, and idk even wanna count how many times Face Smasher dropped.

yeah farming shadowfang is is a no no for me, i tryed a fdew times and i do run SFK a few times here and there... but its just too complicated for something as shadowfang.

like druid says it all depends on how you wish to do it... i'm not fully thinked, yet i play as is and i'm fine with it. though i really must try and get those fishing gears.

Yeah if you get assasin's blade you can always sell that for the price of a shadowfang.

As far as "perfect twink" goes, dude it's the MELEE WEAPON it's the most fricken important part twink or no twink and the shadowfang happens to blow all other one handers out of the water and most two handers.

Highhealz said:
Ya, I realize there is a very small chance farming it every once in a while will do anything. I see it more like buying a lottery ticket

Thats the best way of looking at it. I probably ran SFK about 100 times the 2 months before Wrath came out. Just did it when I was bored and my friends were doing dailies or achievements. More of a background activity while just hanging out in vent.

Heró said:
No Chance, shadowfang goes for atleast 4x as much as AB nowadays

I wish that were true. I've seen for the past several mo's Assassin's Blade go consistently for over 4k gold on AH's.

Ridiculous price IMHO.

well its no wonder, int he last 2-3 months on my server twinks items have sky rocketed !

used to buy twisters chanters staff for like 100 gold, now sells for over 200 ! Shadowfangs , when i see them sells for over 2.5k when they used to sell 500-1000 last years. my server economy has sky rocketed with the coming of wrath, i think it means our server is going from medium to full soon.

as for shadowfang running better then every other one handers... well it does, but it doesn't mean a twink sucks cause he doesn't have it. i use to use razor axe or the PVP axes. they're good too. but i think ENTIs sword was undefeated back then even by shadowfang !

too bad its gone... gave warriors one hell of a chance there. now they just can't compete again !

Users who are viewing this thread