Say goodbye to WSG, well if you're not in Ruin

Well, as I was reading the patch notes it states that battlegrounds will no longer start until each side has the maximum amount of players. Looks like they're further killing the twink. Didn't think they planned on implementing this "cure" this soon, but it would appear so. Just giving everybody the heads up.

just go grief some people while you're waiting for the que pop like twinks used to back in vanilla.

Yep looks like they are rolling out 3.2.2 today.

Patch 3.2.2 on live servers this week

User Interface

Battleground Queuing

* Players may now only queue for no more than two Battlegrounds at a time.

* The dialog box for entering a Battleground match has been changed to reflect the following options: “Enter Battle,” “Leave Queue,” and “Minimize.”

* The time a player has to enter a battle when selected has been reduced to 40 seconds when not already in a Battleground and 20 seconds when in a Battleground.

* Players already in a Battleground can now choose “Enter Battle” for a new Battleground under any circumstance (i.e. while dead, in combat, falling, etc.).

* A new Battleground will not launch until the maximum number of players on each side are in the queue (i.e. 40 players per side for Alterac Valley).

* The size of the Focus Frame can now be adjusted via the Interface Options menu.

So in other words if you guys in other battlegroups start to see a serious hit on ques even more so then has already been seen in 3.2 you should really consider coming to Ruin. If this has a huge impact on your play time it maybe better to make the move then not be able to play at all.

http://twinkinfo.com/forums/10-19-bracket/5510-19s-ruin-battlegroup-migration-qs-u-s.html

Everyone should let people know about this change on the battlegroup and realm forums so people are aware about what's happening.

crusade said:
Everyone should let people know about this change on the battlegroup and realm forums so people are aware about what's happening.

I Just made a post Reckoning forums (that's where I came from) not sure how receptive people will be. Some feel like we are stealing their twinks. The only solution is a Ruin Migration, to many people have invested time and money to get to Ruin and will probably not be going anywhere else.

Sweet! With this new change I will be able to do one WSG every two weeks instead of every week. The queue times are horrid on Emberstrom. I'm transferring to Ruin soon, anyone need a lock? Message me if you are interested. I will also be creating additional twinks when I do transfer.

Check out my armory: MstrSnuggles

Edit: Ya know, I can't help but think that this is one great way for Blizz to make a bunch of extra money. They know that consolidating a ton of twinks to one battlegroup through transfers will make a nice chunk of change for them. It's a conspiracy!

It's a sad day to see Bliz trying to see bliz trying to make one of the greatest pvp sects extinct. After seeing my first day with 0 WSG pops. I finally see why the migration to ruin is so necessary.

Hmm theres 1 WSG in retaliation thats been going on pretty consistently. Surprised the shit out of me when I logged on and got an instant queue on my mage.

(not advertising this BG, just saying)

Daily

While I noticed there weren't any WSG happening on Reckoning I'm hoping that the implentation of the daily will increase twink activity even if twinks only do the one bg per day. I think Queue's might go up b/c of it. I'm not gonna be able to monitor anything ,unfortunately, I'm not gonna be on till friday. Blizz saw fit to punish certain ppl for their mistake related to Coren Direbrew :( owned gg blizz

Abcfear said:
It's a sad day to see Bliz trying to see bliz trying to make one of the greatest pvp sects extinct. After seeing my first day with 0 WSG pops. I finally see why the migration to ruin is so necessary.

Everyone has been telling u that for weeks now. I am glad u finally see it though. U'll have a great time over there if u enjoy 19s.

Secc - Follow Abc. I told u reck was dead months ago. And now that most of WoN is xferring to ruin u really won't have anyone to fight.

Grab - Ur post was excellent. I think u'll see even more xferring over from reck. Hopefully hordies to help your guild out =) If ya need a cc mage let me know. i got one that needs a home, and esp off reckoning.

funny how it didn't change anything on rivendare !

i mean emberstorm has become quite a great place to be considering it was so weak before 3.2

actually it changed well, this change saved my worse battlegroup ever by making our fights quite better because we dont have AFKers now !

ArthurianKnight said:
funny how it didn't change anything on rivendare !

i mean emberstorm has become quite a great place to be considering it was so weak before 3.2

actually it changed well, this change saved my worse battlegroup ever by making our fights quite better because we dont have AFKers now !

If you think emberstorm is great somehow, in terms of activity, Ruin 10-19 will blow you away. You'll think you're in wsg heaven. ;)

Just wanted to post here that the information in the first post is now irrelevant. While 3.2.2 did bring with it the 10v10 prereq for a bg to start Blizzard quickly decided to reverse this decision. BGs will now continue to pop as they did before 3.2.2.

Suggestion: Instead of transfering to ruin which:

A) Increases que times for everyone not on ruin.

B) Is paying blizzard to fix a issue in the game for them.

C) Could turn out to be a waste.

Why not:

A) Continue to que as you did before 3.2.2

B) Attempt to use the system in it's current form (which was working well right up to 3.2.2)

C) Report issues in the system that you think degrade your experience.

Infact C) is likely why wsg was hotfixed.

And C) is what will help us. We need to make it clear that we are unsatisfied with the state of bgs and we need to be very clear that transferring isn't a acceptable solution,

You might say: "Merged bgs are already coming." Great. But they have less incentive to follow up on that if everyone is transferring to ruin anyways.

So: Play the game the way blizz designed it and report long ques as the issues that they are.

play the game... and how do u do that with no pops as a twink? BG's like reckoning even with 10v7 games don't hardly ever pop. Xferring to ruin is not a waste either for 19's. There are some good bg's over there with alot of skilled players and guilds willing to support their members.

Users who are viewing this thread