Satchel of Helpful goods, first drop

Got an Earthbound Grips of the Thief: Mail, 235 armor, 22 STA, 29 AP, 14 haste.

No good for me as a resto shaman, but perhaps an enhance shaman or hunter would be interested?

Bwappo

Bwappo said:
Got an Earthbound Grips of the Thief: Mail, 235 armor, 22 STA, 29 AP, 14 haste.

No good for me as a resto shaman, but perhaps an enhance shaman or hunter would be interested?

Bwappo

wow...59 rogues finally get good gloves that they can put WotLK enchants on (assuming that they get leather ones)

59_neck-wZ5Rl.jpg

fixed it for you.

man i don't need to farm perfect fire opal necklace anymore.

looks like 59's can get all the possible slots: ring/necklace/gloves/shoulder/belt/back/bracers

among which, bracers and gloves will probably turn out to be BiS for a lot of classes as the lack of good WotLK enchantable items for these two slots.

so instead of doing the tedious Dungeon Set 2 quests i will be getting the gloves and bracers on my 59 twink.

plate belt 2 times today... one with 20stam/13str/13hit - love it, the other one got 13def instead.

I've only seen necks and gloves drop. What I've seen so far:

Stalwart Grips (plate) of the...

Soldier: 417 armor, 14 STR, 22 STA, 14 CSR

Turbulent Necklace of the...

Sorcerer: 16 STA, 11 INT, 12 spell power

Hierophant: 16 STA, 11 SPI, 12 spell power

Squire: 16 STA, 11 STR, 11 hit rating

Forseer: 11 INT, 11 Haste, 12 spell power

Marksman: 16 STA, 11 AGI, 11 hit rating

Invoker: 11 INT, 12 spell power, 11 crit rating

Soldier: 11 STR, 16 STA, 11 crit rating

Gloves of the Bandit (leather):

(forgot the armor) 14 AGI, 22 STA, 29 AP

Earthbound Grips (mail) of the...

Forseer: 14 INT, 14 Haste, 17 spell power

Necromancer: 22 STA, 14 hit rating, 17 spell power

Bwappo

Just had [ITEM]Earthbound Grips[/ITEM] of the Necromancer (22 Sta, 14 Hit, 17 spell power) drop for my 59! Since I don't need as much mana, these are BiS so far, for my healer shaman.

Bwappo

Bwappo said:
Just had [ITEM]Earthbound Grips[/ITEM] of the Necromancer (22 Sta, 14 Hit, 17 spell power) drop for my 59! Since I don't need as much mana, these are BiS so far, for my healer shaman.

Bwappo

why do you need hit as a healer shaman?

please don't say "for landing those clutch wind shears" or "for landing those flame/frost shocks on those pesky rogues"

You absolutely do not need hit as a healer. The important tradeoff for the [ITEM]Earthbound Grips[/ITEM] of the Necromancer is that the previous BiS gloves for a healer shaman, the [ITEM]22099[/ITEM], have a lot of INT and a nice mp5 bonus as well. The stamina boost (and the ability to skip BRS, which I was never willing to run) are wins for the grips if you don't need the mana.

Bwappo

Bwappo said:
You absolutely do not need hit as a healer. The important tradeoff for the [ITEM]Earthbound Grips[/ITEM] of the Necromancer is that the previous BiS gloves for a healer shaman, the [ITEM]22099[/ITEM], have a lot of INT and a nice mp5 bonus as well. The stamina boost (and the ability to skip BRS, which I was never willing to run) are wins for the grips if you don't need the mana.

Bwappo

"

...of the Necromancer

" "+22 Stamina, +14 Hit Rating, +17 Spell Power"

if you don't need hit, and that item has hit, then it's not BiS.

for example, you can get

"

...of the Sorcerer

" "+22 Stamina, +14 Intellect, +17 Spell Power"

or

"

...of the Foreseer

" "+14 Intellect, +14 Haste Rating, +17 Spell Power"

or

"

...of Restoration

" "+22 Stamina, +17 Spell Power, +5 Mana Per 5 sec."

So there is a sorcerer variant! Thank you for that -- I wasn't aware of it.

I should have thought to see if the armory had the variants listed; that didn't even occur to me.

Bwappo

glancealot said:
why do you need hit as a healer shaman?

please don't say "for landing those clutch wind shears" or "for landing those flame/frost shocks on those pesky rogues"

Yes because losing the match/game is better no?

Balroy said:
Yes because losing the match/game is better no?

In the context of the discussion about healer shamans (in battlegrounds, specifically), I find that hit rating ranks behind mana (INT), and I rank mana really low. In other words, I hardly ever run out of mana in 59 BGs, and I miss a clutch shear or shock even less than that. Perhaps arenas play differently.

Bwappo

Users who are viewing this thread