Satchel Cloak, new BiS? And how to get it?

(Hat tip to Glancealot for first pointing out this possibility in another thread) Had a very confusing (but cool) drop today:

[ITEM]51993[/ITEM] of the Forseer, one of the many variants listed here.

Item level 60, so I believe it can take WotLK enchantments.

I got it on my 56 shammy that I'm working up for the 59 bracket. Our random run landed us in Dire Maul.

Now, I've run my other 59 twink shammy many times, always got Ramparts, and always got a necklace or gloves. So two questions: what made me able to get the cloak, and what other slots are available? Everyone in my party was between 56 and 59 on the run that I got the cloak.

Bwappo

Edit: whatever the answer to this is, it probably applies to the [ITEM]51977[/ITEM] as well, a level 60 item with variants listed here.

Can't [ITEM]Perfectly Balanced Cape[/ITEM] already accept it?

afaik nothing changes the loot of the satchel. it'll either be the cape or belt (or other slot depending on bracket)...so it's just luck. to get all the right pieces you just have to be lucky or persistent. as for the cape you got, looks very nice for an ele or resto sham. int, haste, and sp; all win.

the only thing that would change what instances you go to would be whether or not you have BC - then im sure you wouldnt go to ramps/bf or anything else. but im positive dungeon does not effect the loot b/c ive done rfc every time on my 19 and gotten different slots (belt/cape)

Falkor said:
the only thing that would change what instances you go to would be whether or not you have BC

hmmm...that's a good point...because on my 59 druid, i don't even get to choose "random classic", all it has is "random burning crusade" or "specific classic"

on the other hand i am pretty sure if you manage to do a "random classic" instead of "random burning crusade", you get the this (belt/cape) instead of the this (gloves/necklace)

edit: so basically you need to start pugging before 58 if you have BC in order to get the belt/cape satchel, or you call in billing/customer service and downgrade to vanilla wow.

well, using low lvl gear instead of your UBERIMBATWINKZitems...

pretty sure there was a post somewhere about that.

But I think a Blue said they check any/all gear you have in your bags and Bank so the only way to do that would be to destroy yours...

That was for the old attempted gear-matching system for BG's.

I'm not sure the same holds true for the new system- I saw a post on a BG forum with some 25ish char who was trying to get the ilevel 25 lewt; someone suggested he downgrade his equipped gear, and it apparently worked. Sample range is pretty small (5? 6? dungeons before gear swap; 1 after) but it's worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread