rogue wpns!!

im currently lvlin up a rogue (currently 32) and was wondering what are the best wpns to use for bgs. im not much for arenas. swords or daggers or even axes. are the boa's worth it even tho u cant put bc chants on them??? also what tree works best im leaning towards subtlety.

thanx in advance. cheers!

Joaq, the Rogues I know from 39 didn't use a dagger in stealth because of that you can't burst something that quick as a Rogue.

the dagger with +7 wep dmg joa mentioned is as extra to one shot ppl low on health, clothies etc. Very usefull in some situations!

Bebis said:
the dagger with +7 wep dmg joa mentioned is as extra to one shot ppl low on health, clothies etc. Very usefull in some situations!

I tried this strategy on my 39 horde Belf rogue in Bloodlust; its not viable unless you're an ambush rogue; the burst you get from a single ambush or backstab is not as high as locking down your opponent and DPSing him.

Not worth it, imo.

what do some of u rogues prefer to open the fight with comin outa stealth? i usually cheap shot of its a melee or garrote if its a caster. is that correct or is there something else?? it usually works for me quite well.

also from what some of uve said, it seems that boa wpns are out of the question n zf hammer n vanquishers is the best way to go. what about stone vault bone breaker vs zf hammer?? i have a friend in RL with a 39 rogue who uses the svbb over zf. he says he does better dmg with svbb. his name is Invade on kil'jeaden bloodlust if u wanna look him up

Deranger said:
what do some of u rogues prefer to open the fight with comin outa stealth? i usually cheap shot of its a melee or garrote if its a caster. is that correct or is there something else?? it usually works for me quite well.

It's quite hard to do nowadays in Twink BGs, but if I catch a player alone, I sap, CS without breaking sap, restealth, garrote, then five-point rupture. Tons of damage done before the other guy even gets a chance to touch me.

Again, can't do it very often in twink BGs, and I'm not too much of an arena person.

Deranger said:
also from what some of uve said, it seems that boa wpns are out of the question n zf hammer n vanquishers is the best way to go. what about stone vault bone breaker vs zf hammer?? i have a friend in RL with a 39 rogue who uses the svbb over zf. he says he does better dmg with svbb. his name is Invade on kil'jeaden bloodlust if u wanna look him up

I've heard that the difference between the SVBB and ZF mallet is negligible; the only difference is that ZF Mallet is free, the SVBB is hella expensive.

The opener varies a lot with the intention of what you're doing, I think. 1v1 is fairly straightforward I believe, but anything with greater numbers than that will depend on what you face and if you're defending an objective, say a flag-carrier, or if you are, say, doing arenas.

The Sap -> CS -> Garrote -> Rupture is really useful in 1v1-cases as Sunblayde said.

Tetrica said:
The Sap -> CS -> Garrote -> Rupture is really useful in 1v1-cases as Sunblayde said.

how can u Garrote after cheep shot when u gotta be in stealth to use garrote?:confused:

Deranger said:
how can u Garrote after cheep shot when u gotta be in stealth to use garrote?:confused:

There's a way to cheapshot without breaking sap; this will allow you to restealth, then garrote. You rack up combo points at the opener, as well as the DoTs from garrote and a five-point rupture.

Deranger said:

What Sunblayde said, I figured most people who had ever faced a Rogue in 1v1 should know by now.

Deranger said:
hmm i guess i never paid much attention to that or im just bad. mind sharing how a rogue does this??

It's a little hard to see, but it's trick #1:

[video=youtube;iu9ew25IEIE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu9ew25IEIE&feature=fvw[/video]

You have to cheapshot at an angle so that you don't engage with the autoswing, hence, the opponent is sapped, then cheapshotted, but the auto hit doesn't break the sap.

EDIT: I would NOT recommend attempting this unless you're in a 1v1 or in arena; wasting CDs when you have more than one opponent is just not smart.

Sunblayde said:
I've heard that the difference between the SVBB and ZF mallet is negligible; the only difference is that ZF Mallet is free, the SVBB is hella expensive.

hmm by what I'm seeing, this SVBB is inferior to ZF mallet, so I don't see what is the big deal...moreover since the mallet is slightly faster, you'll get slightly more damage from hemmorage, which should negate the stats from SVBB, it's a very eazy choice...

Users who are viewing this thread