Rogue Specs

So Cata has brought about a a lot of gear changes, and rogues have obviously been nerfed, taking that into account, what do you think are good specs now, given the buff to sinister strike, I rolled combat, but I want to hear what you have to say.

double shadowfang Sub rogue with foreman's gloves since most of our dps is white hits that shadowstep and CC is just far too useful

Yes I understand the crit rating and such, but speccing sub with dual shadowfangs seems odd since you have a 50% chance of waylaying from ambush and no chance to reproc without backstabbing

Bluntforce said:
Yes I understand the crit rating and such, but speccing sub with dual shadowfangs seems odd since you have a 50% chance of waylaying from ambush and no chance to reproc without backstabbing

id rather have a 50 percent waylay proc and use double SF which is a ton more DPS then using a dagger in combat w8ting for a backstab u may never get a waylay proc RNG is a bitch :p

Lol, yea, dual sf is more dps then a dagger mh, but I never said that you should use one, just saying, you could prolly get equal dos in combat, since I crit SS about the same as my white crits, but in sub you don't get that awesome 30% buff, which allows for more burst

Bluntforce said:
Lol, yea, dual sf is more dps then a dagger mh, but I never said that you should use one, just saying, you could prolly get equal dos in combat, since I crit SS about the same as my white crits, but in sub you don't get that awesome 30% buff, which allows for more burst

shadowstep is necessary for a rogue its way to useful

Well, that's an opinion =3 But rogues played without it before, and I love the damage buffs for SS and Evis, and the ability to buff recuperate a lot, or improve hit, but I didnt really make this thread to argue specifically for one spec, I wanted to hear opinions for all the specs, for instance, what about muti?

You played without it before sure but now it's there do you really want to play without it? it's such a good ability

how do you play, d or o, conservative or balls out?

do you save your energy for cc or mash SS? do you care about "making the play" or "making the kill"?

If you can tell us these things we can better reccomend something that will suit you.

SS as sub does way more damage than SS as combat due to the 120 or so more AP you get from going sub. I tried both combat and mut right after patch and they are utter garbage. Sub with dual SFs and a dagger hanging around in your bags is the way to go.

Rivfader said:
SS as sub does way more damage than SS as combat due to the 120 or so more AP you get from going sub. I tried both combat and mut right after patch and they are utter garbage. Sub with dual SFs and a dagger hanging around in your bags is the way to go.

You dont get 120 more AP as sub.

Users who are viewing this thread