Rogue Question - Spec

CIHC

That One OG
Now, I've run into a few problems on my level 19 rogue...

I can't seem to make up my mind on a spec...

ATM, I have 5 Malice, 2 Imp SS and 3 Master of Deception, it does fairly well for arenas 1v1 and decent for dueling and wsg. Anyone know any other builds I should tinker around with? :3

well, there are about 10 threads in the first 3 pages.. but

honestly on my rogue i prefer subt (i don't premade, we don'thave those on retaliation)

get the sap macro, in pug's its fun to annoy w/e

in arena its the only spec

if you want to play like a warrior, and just smash things all day.. then cool

if you, like me, wanted to play a rogue to actually be deceptive, and 'hide' in the shadow, subt is the only way to go

nothing better than being able to 'cc' someone across the entire map with sap, if you can figure out the dr that is

I recommend 0/0/10 as well that is what my rogue was and it was alot of fun.

the only other spec i can think of that might work is 5/5/0 it's alright, not 0/0/10 = a blast

And i hate not being able to get a sap on a target who is nearly melee range so 0/0/10 eliminates that by increasing sap range. ^_^

Beastly said:
0/0/10 is overall the most useful. If you want a dps spec dual wield > malice.

curious if there is any math behind that?

(I am famously known to everyone IRL to be unable to find things, "If it was a snake it would've bit you)

Beastly said:
0/0/10 is overall the most useful. If you want a dps spec dual wield > malice.

Yeah pure damage this would be the best.

For lawls my favorite spec is max malice/max gouge/max sinister strike

my spec>yours but, I've been playing 19 rogues for longer and relying heavily on Mainhand spec works better for my more aggressive play style. The subtelty build is excellent all around build, but you won't bring anyone who knows their class down w/ it.

:

Crilicilyn's Eviscerate crits for 450...

lol

Crilicilyn said:
my spec>yours but, I've been playing 19 rogues for longer and relying heavily on Mainhand spec works better for my more aggressive play style. The subtelty build is excellent all around build, but you won't bring anyone who knows their class down w/ it.

:

Crilicilyn's Eviscerate crits for 450...

lol

thats a cool story, just throwing it out there that very few ally knew their class.. on emberstorm so i was just fine and i had fun while doing it. ^_^

that is soooo true >.< I get terribad teams some time. Most of my entire twink "life" was spent dueling the other dodge twinks on my server (who where some of the best if not the best) at thetime. I was devastated when they stole my perception from me and killed my dodge. I tried playing w/ a dual wield spec but, well... its not much higher dmg and getting eviscerate is better from my own personal exprience. The subtelty spec is great for getting the element of surprise as the class was intended for, but it doesnt bring enough actual dmg to bring down FCs who are travelforming through mid. IK most rogues don't even touch mid, but I still do since thats how it was always done back in the day.

PS: I just reread my post and I might've chosen a strangr choice of words I in no way meant to bash anyone btw. Just throwing that out there since it might come off as that.

Hugs n' kisses Crilly!

lol

OH is not reasonaly possible to hit cap and the amount it misses is beyond insane don't bother wasting 5 points on it get imp SS and imp Gouge or get subtelty points or imp Evisc

I was thinking to get 2/3 Imp gouge so that your gouge would last 5 sec.

Gouge -> Stealth = Vanish?

I need to test this out when I get the chance.

Also, how does DR on sap and gouge work?

Ty.

Well this is just me but personally I always loved backstab....probably way to much for my own good. So when I played a 19 rogue I went well that was vanilla and I can remember how the talents were setup but yeah these days I would probably go 8/0/2 for the lolz :D

Omgganked said:
Well this is just me but personally I always loved backstab....probably way to much for my own good. So when I played a 19 rogue I went well that was vanilla and I can remember how the talents were setup but yeah these days I would probably go 8/0/2 for the lolz :D

Before I got my First Shadowfang I rolled tht spec w/ my AB and +5 weapon dmg. That spec was alot of fun ,but not as viable now unfortunately.

my spec is here The World of Warcraft Armory =D i <3 it but thats just me.

Users who are viewing this thread