Rogue Professions

So first let me say that I've read the rogue guide for this level bracket and I don't see any flaws or anything so it all seems kosher to me. I'm wondering what profession combination works the best. I want to have Jewelcrafting as one, but should I do engineering or herbalism as the 2nd one?

The two trinkets that JC offers look very situationally powerful and I like things like that. Anyway, can anybody give me some insight, I'm looking for somebody who plays a rogue for the most accurate information. Thanks guys :)

I roll with herb (a must) and engineering. I love all the fun items you get from engi.

But i understand why you want JC. Great trinkets etc. I would say JC/Herb.

The only reason I don't want engi is because it seems completely useless in arenas and that seems to be where all the good twinks are at :-/. Idk, I guess I'll just have to figure out what I want to do.

I would suggest Engineering and Jewelcrafting.

Engineering is overall Awesome in BGs, specially in the 39 brackets.

And Jewelcrafting gives you two useful trinkets that are quite nice. and lets not forget our Healing statues :D

However it is slightly expensive to get both jewelcrafting and engineering(which isn't a problem for most people), but if thats a problem for you, I would go with what destroy said and get the crit from skinning and the HoT from Herbalism.

Iv had all profeccions except for blacksmithing and I chose herbalism and skinning.

Herbalism is a must

Blacksmithing sucks

JC gives, as you say, 2 nice situational trinkets. But you can only have 2, and in arena, Arena Grand Master and Tidal charm are much better. Especially when you think of the fact that you can get crit rating and the awesome heal with them.

Engineering only offers the goggles for an arena player. They suck, a stats based head piece is much better, + like before, you also benefit from skinning and herbalism.

Mining doesn't give as big a bonus as skinning.

-If you want to base your rogue on 1v1ing rogues, and want a slight stealth advantage use JC and Engi. If you want to do arena, go Herbalism and Skinning.

Ill mail you on how to get them both to max in 2 hours

EU or US btw?

Edit: And its 12 crit rating, not 9

^ Agreed.

Mining is probably something you wouldn't want on a DPS-Playing character. Mainly useful for a healer or tankie but it's also probably the easiest to get maxed.

And I am interested in how to get my herbalism capped in 2 hours, Any chance you can PM it to me? (selfish)

I'm US, and thanks so much for the insight. I'll go with herb / skinning =]. Figure I'll level them while I level until I need to power them up with my buddy shadowing me to keep me alive haha. Thanks a ton guys :D

[video=youtube;VvBsIDh1LiM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvBsIDh1LiM[/video]

Aint nothing to it but to do it:p

Wow, I just did that and it's awesome! Thanks for the post, this will make the higher levels so much easier to obtain.

Med'an said:
[video=youtube;VvBsIDh1LiM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvBsIDh1LiM[/video]

Aint nothing to it but to do it:p

So Can I use the same herb/animals until it's maxed? 300herb/300skinning?

Mrcer said:
So Can I use the same herb/animals until it's maxed? 300herb/300skinning?

No, after a while they become green and gray and you have to find higher lvl mobs and plants. Id say, after you hit green, get 10 more skill from those and switch. Remember you skin like 4-5 mobs and only 1 plant, so you increase 4-5 times faster in the skinning. Also remember to have about 1 sek pause between each mob. If you switch faster then you might not always get skill (even from orange "rated")

Herb is must have...do not do skinning, sorry but the miniscule crit rating is not worth it compared to the goodies in engineering...I'd even take the +stealth trinket in JC over skinning, but you wont need the Golden Hare trinket unless you just want an extra "sprint" every once in a while.

EDIT: Obviously take skinning if you're planning on bugging the game to level your herb, but drop it for a better prof afterwards...

Med'an said:
Also remember to have about 1 sek pause between each mob. If you switch faster then you might not always get skill (even from orange "rated")

So that's why it keeps failing for me. At some point i found myself skinning 8 mobs instead of 5 to get the guaranteed skill up, but speed appearantly does affect it then.

Additionally if you're lucky enough to find 2 herbs close to eachother, it should go even faster.

Level JC to 225, make statues, drop JC for eng and herb. Its the best way to go on a 39 rogue, and its not even close.

Users who are viewing this thread