Rogue on 29 and the Expertise

Hrani

Legend
As I want to roll a rogue, mostly for 29 open world fun, against higher players and NPCs / Mobs aswell it will be an essential part of my gear to be capped with Hit and Expertise, what I was wondering is: Do we have any chance of getting a decent Expertise, maybe losing some health or lacking a bit of crit?

If there is, I would be pleased to get a FULL listing of possible Expertise gear.

Thanks, Hrani. =)

A wowhead search only turned up [item]raptor hide harness[/item]. You could use some lower level items like [item]foreman's gloves[/item] but it's not really reccomended.

It really doesn't matter what the cap is,

Armor - Items - World of Warcraft

those are the only two items that grant expertise at that level, its all you can have.

Afaik, expertise reduced the chace that your attacks will be blocked/dodged/parried. In pve this is a standard value per mobs that can be calculated (see expertise on wowwiki for more information) in pvp Id assume that you can reduce the opponents chance, but unless you have an amount of expertise greater than the highest value of block/dodge/parry out there, you will still have these occurances.

Don't forget about expertise Racials. For rogues the BIS weapon is Skullbreaker, bar none. As it is a mace, being a Human or Dwarf will afford you 3 expertise.

He's rolling a rogue, which makes us assume he can't travel in the past for skullbreaker.

Donteventrii said:
Don't forget about expertise Racials. For rogues the BIS weapon is Skullbreaker, bar none. As it is a mace, being a Human or Dwarf will afford you 3 expertise.

Even though he can't travel back in time for skullbreaker, the racial expertise is definitely worth noting. Thanks for the reminder.

Well Tapout, theres something I dont really get. Afaik if the Hit percentage of Skull reaches 0,00% your hitcapped. Means that you cant even improve your hit chance any more by gaining more and more hit. As I got the same miss chance with 8% Hit on my Hunter as I got with 14% Hit.

What Im aiming for is a rogue that is Hit capped for 29 and aswell has a fine amount of Expertise to reduce the opponents Parry and Dodge. For example the Dodge rate of a non rogue opponent will go down to 0-3%, for rogues to about 34-38%. Parrying for both to 0%. With a hit-cap the only chance to still miss is being blocked. That is what I am going to try.

Ill post a link to my rogues profile when its done, will take some time and depends on my drop luck ;)

- Hrani

there is no worthwhile expertise stated gear for rogues at 29, unless you wear 19 twink items, fang 3 piece bonus set, gloves from DM. or roll a class to get the expertise from racials

Users who are viewing this thread