Rogue - Meadow Ring of Eluding

Ripperz

Legend
The old time favourite and once major 95% dodge haxx ring.
Arguably still viable or simply outdated.. Discuss?

- Heard this so many times from people in the Battleground and I always question those who still use it.
+ The insane prices it still appears at auction for and seems to sell....

dodge has dr now so outdated imo, got one for 12g a few weeks ago.

Well that's what I thought, been outdated since WOTLK imo, even late BC.
Popping up our server 5k minimum and they're selling, I was unaware there's a market for them, unless the people are just ill informed..

Explain that "dodge is outdated" to the people who have lost to me rvr as a result of my 60% dodge. Dodge is not outdated and apparently in MoP dodge will also affect incoming arrows and spells too ....and therefore will be much more game changing than how it currently is.

Every time I am in our fr waiting for an efc and I don't see one coming, I sit in my dodge set expecting a rogue. FC rogue vs dodge rogue = cy@qt... Take my word for it.

Also my dodge set is the main reason why I beat confident's fully bis rogue (with him even using agm) while I was on a non bis rogue w/o agm.

Although Dodge is still useful, I think its pretty ill advised to consistently q with a dodge stacked toon over bis gear. Maybe if it was a rogue heavy game, but most are hunter heavy and a couple months back mages were very popular and could lay down the deeps. Priests are also pretty over played atm and do pretty decent burst.

So dodge stacking is situationally useful (like rvr) but most of the time (Since most of the time it isn't just rvr) I would say dodge is outdated.

Though Mocha does bring up a good point - it could be a very useful stat in MoP so I would stock up on these rings now if you can.

Well heres hoping they become somewhat useful in Mop seeing as i have a bank with about 5 of them :D

dodge itself isn't bad its more the fact that newer rings give more stats then they used to and dodge is diminished so they aren't really worth the loss of stats anymore.

Hopefully they become BiS again. I paid alot of money for both of mine back in the day. I also have 2 on my 18 dodge rogue

From: http://www.twinkinfo.com/15-19-bracket/32470-mop-ive-got-beta.html

It's not easy to explore everything by myself so patience got that shit. Haven't taking this SS yet but I will, everyone gets a massive HP buff. On Mass I was rocking 1291 and on MoP I have 1700 hp, seems like roughly around 3-500hp buff all around it was the same with my other classes as well. Defender's/Scouting gear was nerfed from 4/4 to 3/3 for every piece. Meadow ring of eluding was nerfed to 3 dodge/3 agi.

Meadow ring of eluding was nerfed to 3 dodge/3 agi.

49fba582_trollface.jpeg

Another source said that all randomly enchanted items were normalized to a set #/#, so there are no 3/4 Eagle items, etc. rather 3/3.

New BiS avoidance ring? Had one of these lying around. This might work as well. Regardless, there's nothing as gamechanging as Meadow Ring was pre-4.0. I'm assuming the block rating will get removed from the 'of Blocking' shields as well in this rework, which is a shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
In MoP, my 9sp pants are 7int.. Sp bracers are 3int.. :( didnt get anymore out of beta since a stupid hooters chick chrashed my pc and Beta is now stuck on update:( any1 kno a solution to this?

In MoP, my 9sp pants are 7int.. Sp bracers are 3int.. :( didnt get anymore out of beta since a stupid hooters chick chrashed my pc and Beta is now stuck on update:( any1 kno a solution to this?

Kick the hooters chick out

Are you suggesting that I start to wash my own clothes, cook my own dinner and make my own bed?? Blasphemy I tells you! Just trained her to roll my joints aswel! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread