Rogue Glyphs. Utility vs Damage.

User

OG
im looking to hear opinion's on Rogue glyphs. I want to point out that im not just looking for damage but a complete breakdown of utility vs damage vs overall. Plus Arena vs WSG glyphs choice. There are ALOT of useful glyphs available. LINK: Rogue Glyphs - Items - World of Warcraft

Right now im rolling with glyph of gouge which is mainly an anti lock/healer spec as it works well swapping between kick and gouge. Or when low on energy for a bandage. /discuss

User said:
im looking to hear opinion's on Rogue glyphs. I want to point out that im not just looking for damage but a complete breakdown of utility vs damage vs overall. Plus Arena vs WSG glyphs choice. There are ALOT of useful glyphs available. LINK: Rogue Glyphs - Items - World of Warcraft

Right now im rolling with glyph of gouge which is mainly an anti lock/healer spec as it works well swapping between kick and gouge. Or when low on energy for a bandage. /discuss

I tried that glyph for a while. It was very handy and makes you happy that you have it when paired with imp gouge.

Most of the time i find myself back to glyph of sinister strike although.

The ones i use 90% of the time are glyph's of ambush, gorrote, gouge, or SS

Any rogue worth a spot in WSG will use Glyph of Sprint.

Juicy said:
Any rogue worth a spot in WSG will use Glyph of Sprint.

looks like i gotta get my CC mage rolling then to provide snares and stops ;)

Seriously though

I've tested with most of the glyphs and for combat rogues who like to stay out of stealth and spam 1, go with sinisturr strike

For rogues that like to ambush and run away, get the ambush glyph

For olypmic like speed, get sprint

justa few :p

Ever see a rogue with glyph of sprint pop sprint and get feared?

I have. Funny shit.

I prefer to run glyph of garrote, its a nice thing to use even when dual wielding shadowfangs. If i am not using it, most of the time i am using the sinister strike glyph.

sprint lets you run through EB totems, yeah you can get fucked sometimes with fear but that glyph has been responsible for almost all of my flag returns against druids. However with the nature's grasp change I'm thinking of going back to garrote. The real question though is do you play arena or WSG?

Anyone consider glyph of expose armor? Personally I think that's great dps and utility

notoriousthf said:
It's not so effective on clothies since they usually carry little armor boost at all (dependent on their spells). On War/Bear/Pally, it's the opposite.

I still prefer Sprint/Garrote.

That's not how expose armor works

I find sprint most usefull overall in wsg (you're pretty fast stealthed that way too ;)). Arena could be different I should imagine, I mainly play wsg.

the other glyphs wont be a big difference maker on O with a rogue while sprint could be the key to getting the return

Glyph of feint. That way you can lose aggros on hunters pets.

Users who are viewing this thread