Rogue Ban Appeal

Solipsist

They/Them
Please make sure you get as many people as you can to see this. I want everyone aware.

People have urged me to make this thread and want this rule implemented.

I said around a month ago that if the rogue situation would continue I would have to revert to a ban limit. It has come to that point that I must intervene for a change. People who play rogues may not like it but we can't move into more competitive atmosphere with 5-6 rogues every game. Dirt Nasty provided proof of this rogue infestation in his thread Moving away from rogues

Why do people want a Rogue Ban implemented?

Well there are a few reasons:

-They hit so much obviously being the main one. Players can't do anything unless they have cds up or have insane fast reaction time.
- Non rogues cant do much when they face 5-6 rogues. It's just waiting game till they decide to triple ambush someone.
-Healers can't predict burst with rogues instantly 1k+ critting someone. Makes the job as a healer that more frustrating.
-If the rogues don't help their team, they will just get farmed the whole game. People complain about getting farmed all game(most likely because you have a ton of rogues on your team=/ )
-All in all it just makes games so boring only vsing 5 visible players.

For the less undergeared/no name rogues(you know the guys)
-Many do not help their team with returns and just suicide ambush the nearest opposing enemy.
-Alot of the time they can't co-ordinate well enough to bring efc's/players down

I play a rogue, how can I get out of this dilemma?

Well, the obvious choice would be to make another class to help better the competitiveness of the bracket
or if you really like playing your rogue and don't intend to make another class please give your details in the registered rogue list(Won't be 100% reliable though, you may still get reported.)

How will the Rogue Ban work?

The maximum amount of rogues a faction can have is 2
All other rogues above the limit that are not on the registered list will be reported afk. If there are more than 2 registered rogues your team will be required to decide which ones to afk(Ik it sounds like it might not work all the time but there is really nothing I can suggest in that situation)
At the start of the game players must report rogues based off the rules in this thread. Please make sure you say whom you are reporting in BG chat so everyone is aware( and remember to report when the gates open).

To qualify for this list you will need to provide your armory link and must have ''close to BiS gear'' as well as having ''played for a significant amount of time over the last month''

Registered Rogue List:

If you have any suggestions you want to add for this ban please post below.

Last edited by a moderator:
GL dunno how ur gonna get the randoms to stop queing though.

Only if you stop playing ranged dps.

Please make sure you get as many people as you can to see this. I want everyone aware.

I said around a month ago that if the rogue situation would continue I would have to revert to a ban limit. It has come to that point that I must intervene for a change. People who play rogues may not like it but we can't move into more competitive atmosphere with 5-6 rogues every game. Dirt Nasty provided proof of this rogue infestation in his thread Moving away from rogues

-They hit so much obviously being the main one. Players can't do anything unless they have cds up or have insane fast reaction time.
- Non rogues cant do much when they face 5-6 rogues. It's just waiting game till they decide to triple ambush someone.
-Healers can't predict burst with rogues instantly 1k+ critting someone. Makes the job as a healer that more frustrating.
-If the rogues don't help their team, they will just get farmed the whole game. People complain about getting farmed all game(most likely because you have a ton of rogues on your team=/ )

-Many do not help their team with returns and just suicide ambush the nearest opposing enemy.
-Alot of the time they can't co-ordinate well enough to bring efc's/players down

Well, the obvious choice would be to make another class to help better the competitiveness of the bracket
or if you really like playing your rogue and don't intend to make another class please give your details in the registered rogue list(Won't be 100% reliable though, you may still get reported.)

All other rogues above the limit that are not on the registered list will be reported afk. If there are more than 2 registered rogues your team will be required to decide which ones to afk(Ik it sounds like it might not work all the time but there is really nothing I can suggest in that situation)
At the start of the game players must report rogues based off the rules in this thread. Please make sure you say whom you are reporting in BG chat so everyone is aware( and remember to report when the gates open).

To qualify for this list you will need to provide your armory link and must have ''close to BiS gear'' as well as having ''played for a significant amount of time over the last month''

Registered Rogue List:

is this like one of those sexual predators in your local areas list that you can search up online?

Although I have not been playing my rogue much, do you think I should register him? On one hand if I do decide to play him it means I actually can without getting kicked. On the other hand its possible that the more diehard rogue mains might not get a spot because of me, and tbh I'd prefer them to play if they want as I have another geared class I can play quite easily.

This won't work with random/unorganized/unscheduled games, people will play what they want.

Seeing as people have urged me to make this thread, as well as the community constantly blaming them for lack of competitive games I wouldn't be so quick to judge.

Registered Rogue List:

I like you as a leader, Agonist. This bracket needs you.

-Idiote

Ha ha, Saxxon you son of a gun. I clicked on that link thinking it was your armory, lone behold, it wasn't. I guess you can just read the dang armory in the god dang url text. Whatever.

-Idiote

I feel just like I did in cata when hunters were the old rogues. FFS just made this guy and got AGM, now I'm learning that too many rogues is an issue. Sigh.

Will be queueing on him when extremely bored, but I'm working on a lock and warrior currently.

I feel just like I did in cata when hunters were the old rogues. FFS just made this guy and got AGM, now I'm learning that too many rogues is an issue. Sigh.

Will be queueing on him when extremely bored, but I'm working on a lock and warrior currently.

Thank you for your service to our bracket.

-Idiote

Doesent make sense to try to ban rogues when there are a lot of them out there that have skill lol
That's like saying lets ban hunters because they deal a lot of damage and have a pet that adds extra damage to top it off haha

Doesent make sense to try to ban rogues when there are a lot of them out there that have skill lol
That's like saying lets ban hunters because they deal a lot of damage and have a pet that adds extra damage to top it off haha
the difference is that hunters make for competative games, rogues do nothing but hurt the bracket the damage isnt mainly the problem, the problem is the massive amounts of undergeard random rogues, no one would mind 1-2 decent rogues sadly the case is that there is usually 4-5 poorly geared rogues its gotten to a point where even if you're good having so many rogues cant compete with the rdps/bursty comps so if you activley play rogue u basically hurt the bracket, i suggest all rogues to reroll as have I.

In cata rogues weren't moving at all after SHS.

Users who are viewing this thread