RIP Reddpath (gg blizz >.<)

capnmunch

Legend
Edit: Finally able to retrieve pass. idk what happened, but whatever.

---------------------

So apparently, my f2p account was locked out due to "suspicious activity." Whatever. After contacting them, they said that because it's been played on more than one IP address, this counts as suspicious and locked it out because of that. Thing is, I play on a laptop and was house-sitting for my aunt all weekend.

Then they wouldn't unlock it! I don't get it :( They said something along the lines of it being a trial account, so if I want to "join the exciting world of Azeroth" (uh, yeah, ok) I should make a new account.

Good thing I did like NO work on the only 20 I have on that account. Still, R.I.P. Reddpath. Blizz fails.

this has happened to me 4 times on my trial account.

You just need to vertify that its you and change your password. Go on the help page thingy and say "I think my accound has be hacked" or "My account has been locked" And do the password retrieval.

Nothing new here. Blizzard have always been a bunch of c***s, which is precisely why I'm not paying for an account any more.

I am paying for 3 EVE:Online accounts though, because the thing about EVE is, long term players can eventually play for free. There is also no cost for expansions, they're all included in the subscription fees.

They also don't hire fatass douchebag devs who ignore PVP player demands, and only work on PvE (4.0 wrecked balance and 2 major patches later there has been no meaningful work on PvP, only more PvE content, therefore the WoW dev team must be full of Jay Wilsons too).

My account has been locked about 10 times now for logging in at my girlfriend's house, every time it takes about 5 minutes to unlock it and get back in game.

idk wtf OP is talking bout.

what I'm talking about is for some reason i couldn't do the password retrieval thing. I actually just called the phone number and the guy on the other end just advised I start a new account instead.

capnmunch said:
what I'm talking about is for some reason i couldn't do the password retrieval thing. I actually just called the phone number and the guy on the other end just advised I start a new account instead.

Is your F2P attached to a B.Net with other, paid accounts on them? Because mine is, but the others are frozen.

iaccidentallytwink said:
Is your F2P attached to a B.Net with other, paid accounts on them? Because mine is, but the others are frozen.

Nope, when I decided to switch to a f2p I made a completely new b.net. In any case, I just tried the pass retrieval again and BOOM. Idk why it worked this time, but whatever. My huntard lives again.

iaccidentallytwink said:
My account has been locked about 10 times now for logging in at my girlfriend's house, every time it takes about 5 minutes to unlock it and get back in game.

idk wtf OP is talking bout.

capnmunch said:
Nope, when I decided to switch to a f2p I made a completely new b.net. In any case, I just tried the pass retrieval again and BOOM. Idk why it worked this time, but whatever. My huntard lives again.

Dammit AIT, revival of a hunter!? - I'm still deciding whether or not you should be punished.

Please, nerf hunters... lol

I locked my acc many times login up in the work or in a friends house, and always I can retrieve with the secret question.

Not to be rude

but good riddance.

1 Less hunter is good in my books.

I don't blame Blizz. Its a trial account...as in free. The point of the trial accounts is to draw new people into the game...let them try it for an extended time. If they see it took you 20 hours to get to lvl 20, and playing 1-3 hours a night, it suggests you're just riding the free wave. You're not the f2p target. Spending customer support time and money on you doesn't make sense. Its better spent on someone who's paying....or on an actual newb who might fall in love with the game and start paying.

The fastest, easiest, and cheapest thing for them to say is "Reroll Twinky".

To demand or even expect customer service without paying for it is, imo, rather conceited and arrogant.

Edit: that came across a little harsher than intended...point is, you can't expect to get more than what you pay for.

solvogero said:
I don't blame Blizz. Its a trial account...as in free. The point of the trial accounts is to draw new people into the game...let them try it for an extended time. If they see it took you 20 hours to get to lvl 20, and playing 1-3 hours a night, it suggests you're just riding the free wave. You're not the f2p target. Spending customer support time and money on you doesn't make sense. Its better spent on someone who's paying....or on an actual newb who might fall in love with the game and start paying.

The fastest, easiest, and cheapest thing for them to say is "Reroll Twinky".

To demand or even expect customer service without paying for it is, imo, rather conceited and arrogant.

Its not like he banned himself from the game.No customer service would be fine but if Blizzard makes an error(like removing his access for playing from different IPs) they should fix it.

Mrcer said:
Not to be rude

but good riddance.

1 Less hunter is good in my books.

I dont get this whining about hunters.Rogues are just as bad if not worse(I would say they are more cheap and they can kill almost everything without effort...the fact that they suck in a big battles is another thing).WoW PvP was never balanced(not on max level or on low level).If rogues and hunters wouldnt be OP something else would be.If you cant beat them join them...or wait for your turn.

edit: I get what you want to achieve with hunter bashing and hate but the result wont be good(for you).If someone wants to create a new twink and all he sees is this whining and hunter hate 90% that he will roll a hunter....just sayin

mine isnt conected with payed acc, works fine to do with mine after I get blocked

random1 said:
I dont get this whining about hunters.Rogues are just as bad if not worse(I would say they are more cheap and they can kill almost everything without effort...the fact that they suck in a big battles is another thing).WoW PvP was never balanced(not on max level or on low level).If rogues and hunters wouldnt be OP something else would be.If you cant beat them join them...or wait for your turn.

edit: I get what you want to achieve with hunter bashing and hate but the result wont be good(for you).If someone wants to create a new twink and all he sees is this whining and hunter hate 90% that he will roll a hunter....just sayin

Rogues dont do 1.5k dmg from 40 yards in a few seconds.

lindenkron said:
Dammit AIT, revival of a hunter!? - I'm still deciding whether or not you should be punished.

Lol, don't worry about it...not really planning on playing the hunter. I love the class, but since the bracket's flooded with them and they're OP...so basically, I went through annoying stuff to get a character back I don't intend to play.

Mrcer said:
Rogues dont do 1.5k dmg from 40 yards in a few seconds.

Thats the difference, at least you can see the hunter coming.The rogue just walks to you in stealth and deals 1,5k damage(and they are never alone thats the best part).

Kind of off subject. But when I log in at a friends with my PAID account it says that there is suspicious activity.

Its blizzards new security system.

random1 said:
Thats the difference, at least you can see the hunter coming.The rogue just walks to you in stealth and deals 1,5k damage(and they are never alone thats the best part).

You must be doing something wrong, cauz I can normally avoid everything after the ambush.

This thread is starting to look like it's going to get de-railed a bit...plus the original issue has been solved. Could a mod maybe lock the thread?

Users who are viewing this thread