right in the hopes and dreams

Should make it available to f2p accounts. Like many I also have a linked p2p account that I probably won't buy any more game time for UNLESS I had to log into it to have access to my heirlooms. There's at least another months sub I wouldn't otherwise be paying, more if I wanted to collect more heirlooms or tabards

NXDEBUBA2ZQY1383780356582.jpg

Now see below. Pet / mounts, so the tab will be one bit function for everything. they wont remove mounts or pet for us so big chance we get to use it without limits. Since adding restrictions on specific pages seems like extra work...

Could people stop posting this pointless sentence. Yes smartass, we all know we're F2Ps and thus only entitled to a fraction of the game's features. We don't need these useless bumps, clogging up threads telling us.

Also, this is a feature that would apply to everyone. Your comment is thus not even applicable to this announcement... :/
nice

How do you know?

Because the Heirloom tab would work the same way the mount tab currently does. It's a feature that has it's content shared across WoW-accounts under the same Battle.net-account.

This is why people have been talking about "true-F2Ps". Since heirlooms would be shared across your WoW-accounts you could simply get a one-month-subscription for a P2P-account, get all the P2P-heirlooms and then use those on your F2P-account. People who would do this would of course not count as "true-F2Ps", while those who wouldn't abuse it would.

Because the Heirloom tab would work the same way the mount tab currently does. It's a feature that has it's content shared across WoW-accounts under the same Battle.net-account.

This is why people have been talking about "true-F2Ps". Since heirlooms would be shared across your WoW-accounts you could simply get a one-month-subscription for a P2P-account, get all the P2P-heirlooms and then use those on your F2P-account. People who would do this would of course not count as "true-F2Ps", while those who wouldn't abuse it would.

Imo dont come to conclusions until you know for sure.

Imo dont come to conclusions until you know for sure.

Don't give me these snotty responses. Show some appreciation to the people that explain things to you that you seem to be incapable of finding out yourself.

Blizzard has clearly shown that this is how it will work in WoD. Have a look at this picture and text from an official WoW blog post:

72ACS6UOQVYK1383780355507.jpg

Heirlooms are now truly cross-realm and account-bound. All characters on the account (new and old) will be able to summon the heirlooms that have been unlocked straight into their inventories!

Don't give me these snotty responses. Show some appreciation to the people that explain things to you that you seem to be incapable of finding out yourself.

Blizzard has clearly shown that this is how it will work in WoD. Have a look at this picture and text from an official WoW blog post:

72ACS6UOQVYK1383780355507.jpg

Just because Blizzard have announced a feature as account-wide doesn't mean that should or does include F2P accounts, it's rather stupid to apply your self to that generalization. I'm not saying F2Ps won't get access to this. I'm saying you shouldn't think you know 100% that they are. Features that Blizzard announce are for paying customers, whether F2P get them or not either depends on them not caring enough to bother doing anything, or them just fucking up. They have done things against F2P (not generally but specifically those who use their accounts to play on like a normal account) in the past. And what makes you assume my responses are "snotty"?

Just because Blizzard have announced a feature as account-wide doesn't mean that should or does include F2P accounts, it's rather stupid to apply your self to that generalization. I'm not saying F2Ps won't get access to this. I'm saying you shouldn't think you know 100% that they are. Features that Blizzard announce are for paying customers, whether F2P get them or not either depends on them not caring enough to bother doing anything, or them just fucking up. They have done things against F2P (not generally but specifically those who use their accounts to play on like a normal account) in the past. And what makes you assume my responses are "snotty"?

This is the last time I'm responding to you. If I wanted to spend my time explaining my every sentence, I'd talk to 5-year-old.

I am close to certain that heirlooms will be Battle.net-account wide because it has been stated by Blizzard that they will work similarly to the Mount and Pet-tab. And you can see in the picture above that all those tabs, including the Toy Box, are in the same window.
There are lots of facts pointing towards heirlooms being Battle.net-account wide and there is nothing suggesting the opposite.

You say Blizzard might not let us share heirlooms with our F2P-accounts to screw with us, but that is not a well thought out idea. Letting us share heirlooms with our F2P accounts is something that would make sense for Blizzard to do. Letting F2Ps get heirlooms would split the F2P-community and cause for more imbalance in the bracket, Blizzard earns money from the players renewing their accounts or buying P2P-accounts to get heirlooms for their F2Ps, and the people getting their heirlooms might check out the P2P-content and notice that it's pretty cool, deciding not to go back to being a F2P. All these possibilities benefit Blizzard, and the only thing benefiting the F2P (not the community, just the single player) is that he can now gain a small edge over other F2Ps (not good because it's splitting the community and causing imbalance).

Also, don't talk about me being 100% sure about anything, we're talking about the next WoW-expansion here. Nothing is ever a 100% sure to happen, but what I'm talking about is a fact-based assumption, and my facts are pretty damn good.
And I didn't assume your last response to be snotty, I perceived it as such. Look the words up in a dictionary.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just as likely Blizz will decide no heirloom tab for F2P as it is that they will decide to include it. F2P can't use guild tabs either, although F2P could join guilds originally. The same with pet battles. Why bother excluding them? Seems pointless, but they did.

Anyway, it's months away, and no one knows until it goes live. Also, people call themselves "pure" F2P, not "true." The reality is they're just starter accounts unlinked to a $5 battle chest.

The most interesting thing, beyond will F2P get it or not, is will it include chants, or will it just be a fresh unchanted item? Will chants be removed? There was talk of making fewer slots chantable. There was also data mining of new chant slots, like neck chants.

We find out at the end of the year.

This is the last time I'm responding to you. If I wanted to spend my time explaining my every sentence, I'd talk to 5-year-old.

Sure.

I am close to certain that heirlooms will be Battle.net-account wide because it has been stated by Blizzard that they will work similarly to the Mount and Pet-tab. And you can see in the picture above that all those tabs, including the Toy Box, are in the same window.
There are lots of facts pointing towards heirlooms being Battle.net-account wide and there is nothing suggesting the opposite.

It will be battle.net account wide yes. But there is no reason they cannot put a restriction on that for F2P accounts. They obviously want the abuse to stop of trial accounts so have no reason not to limit them - the idea of the endless trial is that it is a fraction of the game, a taste, if there is a way a user could rush through the content that is meant to hook them via heirlooms, then there is no reason not to stop that.

You say Blizzard might not let us share heirlooms with our F2P-accounts to screw with us, but that is not a well thought out idea. Letting us share heirlooms with our F2P accounts is something that would make sense for Blizzard to do. Letting F2Ps get heirlooms would split the F2P-community and cause for more imbalance in the bracket, Blizzard earns money from the players renewing their accounts or buying P2P-accounts to get heirlooms for their F2Ps, and the people getting their heirlooms might check out the P2P-content and notice that it's pretty cool, deciding not to go back to being a F2P. All these possibilities benefit Blizzard, and the only thing benefiting the F2P (not the community, just the single player) is that he can now gain a small edge over other F2Ps (not good because it's splitting the community and causing imbalance).

If Blizzard were to look at this situation, it would not be as indepth, as far as they are concerned people are abusing the trial mechanic in order to play the game to a point that was not intended, they will not look into the possibility some may use this new feature and get hooked on P2P.

Also, don't talk about me being 100% sure about anything, we're talking about the next WoW-expansion here. Nothing is ever a 100% sure to happen, but what I'm talking about is a fact-based assumption, and my facts are pretty damn good.

I too am making a fact based assumption, the facts being Blizzard have stepped out on trial accounts in the past, they are simply getting less money than they could.
You were just not making it clear what you were saying was an assumption.

And I didn't assume your last response to be snotty, I perceived it as such. Look the words up in a dictionary.

If you perceived it that way, surely you would have assumed I intended it to be that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
The most interesting thing, beyond will F2P get it or not, is will it include chants, or will it just be a fresh unchanted item? Will chants be removed? There was talk of making fewer slots chantable. There was also data mining of new chant slots, like neck chants.

The response in this thread : http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f40/boa-heads-encahnt-wont-get-removed-wod-59762/

Would indicate F2Ps will not get enchants.

He said the new heads that are created will not have the enchant, so we can assume the same thing will apply for all items with all enchants.

It seems linked F2P won't get free and easy chants then. The helm chants used to have a level requirement. Then they made them scale. They are no longer able to be applied currently, from what I gather. Anyway, if you can't put them on anymore, it seems silly to let them remain active for those that managed to get them. That's not to say Blizz don't do silly things, they do them constantly, but it seems to me that for maintaining a fair and balanced low level PvP experience, that removing them would be the sensible thing to do.

We still have to wait and see what happens with the supposed reduced number of chant slots being available.

It's just as likely Blizz will decide no heirloom tab for F2P as it is that they will decide to include it. F2P can't use guild tabs either, although F2P could join guilds originally. The same with pet battles. Why bother excluding them? Seems pointless, but they did.

Guild perks (guild tabs) were introduced in Cataclysm and the ability for trial-accounts to join guilds was removed long before that.
And Pet Battles are completely different from what is currently being discussed. It's a feature of its own while the heirloom tab isn't.

I have said this many times already; it has been stated that the heirloom tab will work similarly to the mount and pet tabs.
Your examples are completely different from the currently discussed feature. If Blizzard was to, for the sake of argument, add the ability for you to challenge others in various minigames; then I would agree with it being a fifty-fifty chance of F2Ps getting access to that feature. That's because minigames, unlike the heirloom tab, would be an independent feature.

Now let's return to the heirloom tab. It is not an indepent feature, it is based off the mount and pet tabs. This means Blizzard has just revamped the mount and pet tabs to also offer you the ability to save heirlooms across WoW-accounts under the same Battle.net-account. We can therefore safely assume that it will be accessible by F2Ps since the mount and pet tabs also are.

Users who are viewing this thread