EU Returning after a few years, need help

Chykcha

Legend
So the title says it all and I've got some questions:

1. Right now my vet character can't queue BG's (says it's not available to starter editions). What exactly do I have to do to make him able to queue? Should I ask GM to disable XPOFF, get a subscription for this account (got it on another one) or what? I saw other threads but still confused.

2. Is there any sort of scaling or templates now? Or it is like good old days of hunting the best available gear?

3. Is there any point in salvaging this character (got all rare BOEs, fishing hats, DPR, AGM and so on) or is it better to make another one?
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/aggramar/Byrito

Thx all

1) gonna have to turn XP gains back on. You can usually find a friendly GM who will do this for you without having to buy game time

2) Find the best gear. No more templates. But there is scaling. You'll lose a bit of secondary stats in instanced PVP but it's not really a big deal.

3) it's always a good idea to revamp a character with grandfathered gear. Esp because stuff like AGM is no longer obtainable. It really shouldn't take much to update gear.

2) By scaling (in instanced PvP), stats from gears (which is your source of stats now, no more templates) won't change at all, though secondaries will scale as if you're lvl 29 instead of lvl 20.
-----------------
And very minor WPvP/outside-instanced-PvP trivia (since start of BFA expansion):
While lvl 20s will still miss-miss-miss against higher level mobs, they won't miss at all anymore against flagged players, even lvl 120s. Higher level-players will still have the stat advantages however (so fighting a lvl 120 or other higher level won't be a good idea obviously, though CCs/etc. land at least).
Also, level 120 or similar high levels now no longer will see your stealthed rogue/druid from 40 in-game-yards away: their chances of spotting a stealthed lvl 20 rogue/druid are now equivalent to a lvl 20 finding a stealthed lvl 20, and the converse (or other-way-around) is also true: a lvl 20's chance of spotting a stealth lvl N (even N=120) are equal to stopping a stealthed lvl 20.
-----------------------------

3) Definitely scavage and make use of your vets with grandfathered gears.

Any gears that are ilvl 24 or greater that were from quests or dungeon boss drops (and dungeon sachet drops), like the ilvl 32 argus rings (and other slots) are grandfathered, as the ilvls (and stats of many gears also scale more closely with ilvls now, with differences here and there) of gears from recently completed quests or recent dungeon drops now (at least since patch 7.4.5 or so, while current patch is patch 8.0.x or 8.1.y) scale depending on your character's level (which means blue dungeon/dungeon-sachet drops for 20s are now ilvl 23, as an example). Drops from chests (or at least chests in open-world) don't follow this [quest-rewards/drops]-scaling-to-your-lvl pattern, however.

Last edited:
No more templates. But there is scaling. You'll lose a bit of secondary stats in instanced PVP but it's not really a big deal.

2) By scaling (in instanced PvP), stats from gears (which is your source of stats now, no more templates) won't change at all, though secondaries will scale as if you're lvl 29 instead of lvl 20.

Conflicting info here, who is correct?
I assume since my HP rises in bgs it means that secondary stats (stamina, haste, crit etc.) scale, but main stats don't? How big is the mainstat difference between your average 20 and 29?

I assume since my HP rises in bgs it means that secondary stats (stamina, haste, crit etc.) scale, but main stats don't? How big is the mainstat difference between your average 20 and 29?

Stamina is main stat not secondary. You will gain main stats but not secondary.

If you are 20:
On Bgs yours base stats of your char will grow 20->29 (main stats and stam)
Some of yours chants will grow too 20->29
But there no gear scalling.
So, BIS 29 will have more stats than BIS 20:
around +15~20% of main stat and stamina and around +5~15% of every secondary stats

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread