Ret Pally

Yayo

Legend
Hey guys, how are 24 ret pallys doing? I kept putting off making one and decided i finally should. Are they an okay pick? If not what would you reccomend. I dont want to roll a fotm.

Hey guys, how are 24 ret pallys doing? I kept putting off making one and decided i finally should. Are they an okay pick? If not what would you reccomend. I dont want to roll a fotm.

Rets are ok. Not FotM atm for sure, but at 24 you should perform well enough. You have a strong talent at 15 that boost movement alot. HoJ is awesome. FoL, even if you can't cast alot of them before going oom, is still great (but expect it to be nerfed). Shield now grants total immunity. Damage is a tad low, but once healing gets nerfed further that shouldn't be too much of a problem I think.

If you don't want to roll pala and want something similar, you could try enhance shaman. They are as close as you can get I suppose. Enhance damage is a tad low according to some, but I suspect the real problem being that healing is a tad high atm. As enhance you get great mobility, snare and heals comparable to ret.

Personally I like my feral and can recommend them also I suppose. We lost our opener and snare, but the talent choice is nice and ferocious bite hits for a ton (comparable to ambush and evis).

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, it's alright. Burst damage doesn't exist anymore. Can't do much against any healer. Lol @ trying to take out a resto. 3 heals in a row in combat and you're out of mana. Judgment and Censure dots does most of the damage - about 60%.

Just did a bunch of games without resetting recount I my judgment avg was 161, 334 crit. Melee 82 dmg, 166 crit - this data will be lowered slightly because in a couple games I was FCing and using a one-hander, but not much since it's counting 268k in dmg. Crusader did 118 in dmg avg, 244 crit. and my TVs were 265 avg, 531 crit. My max TV was 720. Only did 55 TVs , where I did about 1300 melee, crusader, and judgment combined.

So yeah, damage nerf, and you're not running around with infinite mana. I like the challenge, but it's not all that viable. I liked before that I could switch gear sets and be pretty viable as a healer when we needed. It's not really a problem now that there are like 5 healers on each team every game now, except that lots of them don't heal. Now the only way to gain holy power is through Crusader Strike, so getting to use your one ret ability doesn't happen that often, and you might end up wanting to use it for word of glory since it's not much more damage, and if whoever your fighting is getting heals, it really doesn't matter anyway.

If you choose Long Arm of the Law for your talent - which I think you should - it can be fun running across mid from one side of the other hitting random people with judgment. And it's a great gap closer when chasing druid/sham/holy pal efcs.

Overall I think it's decent for support. Not all that great for damage, no burst, but not the worst, off-heals, cleansing your friends, waiting for the right moment to throw a stun and then racial (if you're belf) to help take down a healer or fc. Also sucks that you can't wings your healer anymore, but you can bubble yourself and not have to worry about spell damage, while being able to do (reduced) damage yourself or throw some more heals. And while your spriests and other ranged and spell caster friends are hitting the efc, you're right there to get the return.

Users who are viewing this thread