Ret Pally Info?

Pipes

OG
So my pally is coming along nicely.

I have a couple questions for the seasoned Retadins out there.

First: At 29 whats your Rotation look like? I find myself standing there melee'ing after i have consecrated, Judge light, and exo.

Second: Do you weapon swap? And if so what weaps wit what enchants? I currently have the BoA axe.

Third: I see some nicely geared ret pallies sporting about 1400-1500hp. How viable is that?

i don't use consecrate unless i'm surrounded by rogues, at least they'll take some damage while they stunlock me. i judge justice to keep opponents slowed slightly and use HoJ to interrupt casting or runaways. i used to switch between the Cobalt Crusher and Corpsemaker, but getting used to the very different auto attack swing times was annoying, so i keep Corpsemaker equipped always now. 1500hp is standard with most glass-cannon dps gear. with AGM and DMH i'm easily over 2000hp at the cost of so-so crit/hit chance and AP. still, i manage to get top 10 damage unless i turtle

Well I know you benefit from having one weapon with crusader and one with 25 agility and switching to the agi when sader procs for higher crit %, but I don't really see the benefit of switching between cm and cc. I'd just say pick one and stay with it, and I've found cm's a lot better.

EDIT: My rotation usually starts with an iron grenade or mithril frag bomb (225 engineering = jesus), then judgement of light or justice. At that point I usually spend a couple of GCDs on a reactive ability, like HoF, HoP, purify, or arcane torrent. If no reactive spell is necessary, I'll go ahead and drop consecration. If I'm still on that same target and he hasn't gotten a heal, shield, or w/e, then when judgement comes back off cd using HoJ and judging along with a final white swing to the back is normally enough to finish off a cloth/leather twink if no attacks missed or were avoided. That's of course depending on a LOT of factors lol BGs are BGs and that's why we love them.

lol I wouldn't be so direct about it but yea CC deals a lot less damage, expecially after 3.2 when SoC will deal a % of weapon damage PER HIT the frost damage procs from cc do not get a bonus thus furthering the benefit of using the heaviest hitters, CM or BAR.

The benefit of switching weapons is that with certain weapons that aren't unique you can have as many of them as you want. As a 29 lolret if you are a srs bznss twinkx you should have at least 2 to 3 Corpsemakers. Of course if you have a BAR it would be better to use it as your weapon of regular choice. Crusader, 25 agility, and 9 damage are what you will want on your 3 variations of CM. After the initial weapon lands saders 100 str you switch to one of the others for either higher top end damage or a higher chance of crits.

25 agility gives like 3.2% crit or something like that. +9 damage has a cap of dealing an extra 80 damage or so, on the extremely high super-lucky end, before the crusader buff ends. Sorry but I'll take the crit % bonus. Small bonus to the chance to seriously fuck up somebody's Christmas > a guaranteed extra 45-80 damage.

just my alibi:

i was doing most of my switching between CC/CM before i could got crusader enchanted onto CM (the Cobalt Crusher having crusader ) :)

Corpsemaker without an enchant is very unfulfilling ;)

Users who are viewing this thread