Ret Paladin Questions

First off, I'd like to know what specc I should use, and what gear I should use. Also, what would be the best 2v2 partner for a Ret Paladin?

Thanks in advance :D

EDIT: I'm horde, and I don't have access to BoAs

5/5 deflection, 2/2 improved judgements, 3/3 heart of the crusader. At 19, a hunter is the best partner for anything.

Yeah, the idea you had for a spec (5/5 Divine Strength and 5/5 Seals of the Pure) works nice with Glyph of Judgements and blah, blah, blah. But Sinz is right, the most damage you really get (right after plain out melee) is your Judgements; so by reducing the cooldown, you're really increasing your long-term damage. Plus, if you team up with a hunter or rogue or any other class that is specializing in Crit, Heart of the Crusader helps alot too.

My pally is prot, but you definantly need the 5/5 devine strength.

[char=Dragonblight]Eliøt[/char]

Pure AP set.

Link is messed

Search Eliøt on Dragonblight.

look up gracob - Elune , Oneidwilly - Elune for a Max Damage pally

As for the gear you just need to find a replacement for the [ITEM]Chausses of Westfall[/ITEM] other than that there are some nice BiS drops in RFC.

things to keep in mind:

-1str = 2AP

-AP/SP both contribute to judgment damage.

-might want to try +15str on a smites mighty hammer for a weapon.

-Try to wear as much mail gear as possible

find a replacement for the [Chausses of Westfall]

Why? they give 22AP = BiS for damage. Unless your agility stacking.

-might want to try +15str on a smites mighty hammer for a weapon.

+15 str on a 1 hander is better. Get it on cruel barb or butchers slicer = 42 AP for weapon + 12 AP from shield.

Get +25 agility or crusader on 2Her.

Eliot said:
Why? they give 22AP = BiS for damage. Unless your agility stacking.

+15 str on a 1 hander is better. Get it on cruel barb or butchers slicer = 42 AP for weapon + 12 AP from shield.

Get +25 agility or crusader on 2Her.

OP is asking for horde gear. I agree that +15 on 1 hander is good. If you've never tried +15 on a 2H you should try it.

at 400 AP judgements hit for 100 minimum

Grabco said:
OP is asking for horde gear. I agree that +15 on 1 hander is good. If you've never tried +15 on a 2H you should try it.

at 400 AP judgements hit for 100 minimum

If your going for MAX AP like I said get a 1H and shield for MORE AP! >_<

I'd definately go 1h & shield. Personally I use cruel barb +15 str. My pally has 390 AP or so but I could hit 400 easily if I wanted. I'd roll with a hunter or perhaps SP stacked shammy, but I have had a lot of success with a warlock aswell.

I guess you just have to try it out and see what works for you, personally for spec I use 5/5 divine strength, 3/3 stoicism and 2/2 of whatever that freedom/prot talent is. Works great for me.

Hmm, yeah you are right about the max AP with SnB something I overlooked. I guess I should be making a distinction between max AP and Max damage because they are different things. 2H with +15 str is for max damage

Grabco said:
Hmm, yeah you are right about the max AP with SnB something I overlooked. I guess I should be making a distinction between max AP and Max damage because they are different things. 2H with +15 str is for max damage

No. Crusader would be max DPS atleast for me it procs like crazy.

Yeah I guess now you are getting down to personal preference. I tend to switch my weapon chant around about once a month. My flavor of the month right now is +15str last month it was crusader, I was tired of the stun and run when it procced though. I'll probably always go back and forth between +15 str and crusader. I just get frustrated when crusader doesn't proc because it is as if you have no weapon chant at all and no stat bonus. You'd almost be better off camping the zerker hut

You'd almost be better off camping the zerker hut

Umm. No? Crusader procs like nuts on my night reaver in battle its almost ALWAYS up.

My paladin is holy for now, but i prefer the 0/0/10 ret spec, 2h w/ crusader is a must have imo, i went with BoA but if you don't have access to it then glacial stone or w/e horde equiv is i guess? I forget. I also carried a 1h with lifestealing, and a shield, which you will usually want out if a rogue is attacking you, or even a warrior.

0/0/10 is good but really if you've never tried 5/5/0 with +15 str to weapon please do so.

Users who are viewing this thread