Ret Paladin - Mastery or Haste, or a combo of both

Celydar

On most toons I was under the impression you couldn't stack enough haste at this level to really make much of a difference.
The exception being running trinkets or weapons that have Haste procs that will help Fury/Enhance,
maybe for some casters too?
I have heard a few times that Haste is as/or even more important than Mastery for Ret Paladin.
Of course, after Main stat strength and/or Verse.
Also, where or how much Crit is good? 30% or so I'd assume.
Turning my Holy into Retribution which I haven't played for years.
Searched threads, couldn't find any good information, except regarding
Prot Pals running:

https://www.wowhead.com/item=27901/blackout-truncheon?bonus=6710

on main hand.

Any thoughts/input appreciated.

My personal preference is stacking crit on ret. I've got 43% in one of my PvP sets with 16% vers.

Even with haste, holy power generation kind of sucks. The crit makes me feel impactful even when I'm just stacking for a Templar's Verdict/Execution Sentence.

I use https://www.wowhead.com/item=13505/runeblade-of-baron-rivendare?bonus=6712 though, and the healing on that is actually nuts. It's one of the reasons that I can get away with having lowish versatility.

On most toons I was under the impression you couldn't stack enough haste at this level to really make much of a difference.
The exception being running trinkets or weapons that have Haste procs that will help Fury/Enhance,
maybe for some casters too?
I have heard a few times that Haste is as/or even more important than Mastery for Ret Paladin.
Of course, after Main stat strength and/or Verse.
Also, where or how much Crit is good? 30% or so I'd assume.
Turning my Holy into Retribution which I haven't played for years.
Searched threads, couldn't find any good information, except regarding
Prot Pals running:

https://www.wowhead.com/item=27901/blackout-truncheon?bonus=6710

on main hand.

Any thoughts/input appreciated.

Haste is the way to go IMO. It lowers your cooldowns on abilities, makes Flash of light cast quicker (arguably one of rets strongest abilities to provide solid off heals AND do damage) and really makes things flow better. I would stack str, haste, and either mastery or verse depending on if you want to do more damage or have slightly more survivability.

there's a ret on EU who plays with a mixture of adaptable/savant/harmonious ilvl 28 boe's and he really slaps hard. but this guy ALWAYS ques with a personal pocket healer so im not entirely sure how viable it is for survivability if you plan on solo queing most of the time.

either way playing without too much haste is probably fine as long you rotate your abilities to build up holy power, but if you like big flashy hits/crits then mastery is probably the way to go.

the armory Im refering to: Metallîe

there's a ret on EU who plays with a mixture of adaptable/savant/harmonious ilvl 28 boe's and he really slaps hard. but this guy ALWAYS ques with a personal pocket healer so im not entirely sure how viable it is for survivability if you plan on solo queing most of the time.

either way playing without too much haste is probably fine as long you rotate your abilities to build up holy power, but if you like big flashy hits/crits then mastery is probably the way to go.

I second this. He hits really hard. Haven't got trouble against haste rets so far.

Crit might be the poor man's mastery.

TBC dungeon gear just gives so much crit that I decided to lean into that. If I had more mastery pieces I'd probably use them -- that build look spicy.

i think it’s main stat > haste > vers > mastery > crit, you can go full mastery/vers, you can also do all str and crit, a lot of builds are fairly valid

Crit might be the poor man's mastery.

TBC dungeon gear just gives so much crit that I decided to lean into that. If I had more mastery pieces I'd probably use them -- that build look spicy.

Yeah, thanks and to everyone else for the input/feedback.
I have mostly BC gemmables so gonna lean Crit over Mastery.
When I buy a month gametime after incoming patch, and switch servers to BH on my pally and druid...
I'll try to attain some nice 28 pieces off the AH.
I had not the best luck farming Pigs on my Warrior, only got one 28 legs with nice stats/speed, but no gem.
That took maybe 12 hours farming across a few days.
Just my bad luck maybe, either way, not gonna try to farm ilvl 28s atm.
Maybe after patch with a higher level toon while I have game time to use.

I'm pretty sure that versa gives u more damage then mastery on all spells up untill 30% as ret. No need to stack mastery untill u have that.

Users who are viewing this thread