Resto Dood DPS Gear (Clarifications abouth gear)

Hello guys. I make this thread for some questions respects RDood DPS.

Its is understoond that the Embrace of the Viper set is fundamental for the RDood dps, but, What else do they get?

I'm horde, but also add the Alliance things.

Thanks for answer and watch.

Greetings and the Old Gods bless you.

Having a dps set is useful, especially in wsg if the offence lacks dps (or efc is at high stacks)

I had a good amount of success with a build like this Druidiotic @ Bleeding Hollow - Community - World of Warcraft

I dont play druid much, but its always a class I enjoyed, especially resto because of all the different roles you can play within the 1 spec!

this naga is always watching

One important thing to note about rdruid dps:

Spellpower doesn't give ap. Agility gives ap but intellect gives both sp and ap 1:1.
That being said, you want to prioritize your spellpower gear over stacking pure agility since it double dips.

Obviously use fang set.
18 int eng googles.
boa caster neck.
boa int haste / crit depending on your play style.
felscale cloak.
mindthrusts
the 1 ring or lavish (4 stam vs 1ap/5sp)
black widow band
int trinket or/rotate tentacles

Weapon, I use boa mace with inscription offhand. Ive been told 2h gives more dmg than using 1h in cat form. However, the dmg increase is little-to-not noticeable at the cost of a lot of intellect. Ppl may disagree with my statement and I'll be happy to post ss of the difference in dmg when I get home.

The build I posted is my favorite rdruid dps set. It prioritizes int/stam over a pure ap/glasscannon set. Ive had luck with both sets of builds and the main reason I dislike a pure ap set is because the lack of stam it provides at a huge cost of intellect, In comparison to the build I posted.

Regarding enchants, gift of vers. Stam to gloves. Int to bracers. Minor speed. Peerless stats to chest. 4int/crit to shoulders. Ele force to wep. Int to offhand. Bis enchants are found in the spreadsheet in my sig.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt really read but make sure if you want resto druid CAT FORM DPS then dont use a 1h offhand, use a 2h as that boosts the cat form dps at the lack of (if you're enchanted) a bit of spellpower or intellect, for added cat form damage. Something like:

Morlecid @ Perenolde - Community - World of Warcraft

BTW if you're f2p resto druid, it's almost always better to go 2 handed than 1h offhand unless you have a good offhand like old ironjaw.

May Akama help you my friend, try not to get killed by me soon :)

I didnt really read but make sure if you want resto druid CAT FORM DPS then dont use a 1h offhand, use a 2h as that boosts the cat form dps at the lack of (if you're enchanted) a bit of spellpower or intellect, for added cat form damage. Something like:

Morlecid @ Perenolde - Community - World of Warcraft

BTW if you're f2p resto druid, it's almost always better to go 2 handed than 1h offhand unless you have a good offhand like old ironjaw.

May Akama help you my friend, try not to get killed by me soon :)

Well, considering he mentioned DPS set. There is no place for ironjaw here.

Yeah ok I'll clarify a bit then, for f2p you can get a 2 intellect enchant for your 2h weapon in Ironforge which usually makes it better to do that than to go with the 1 weapon damage normally available to f2ps with a 1hander.

>at rapido down below, yes but its just not quite as good as the seal of wrynn.
^btw I had a seal of wrynn on my vanilla hunter ;)

I hate to do it but whatever. just look at my character armories.

edit: all I'm missing on my 20 is any bracers of the falcon and black widow band. all I'm missing on my 19 is black widow band.
I do have touch of the void.

Users who are viewing this thread