Reliquary of Remembrance Mini-Guide (49s and 50s)

If you're searching for the best caster offhand for your 48, 49, or 50, you want an epic proc'd Barrier of the Forgotten or Vessel of Distilled Regret, ringing in at ilvl 140. From one source only, we can find these items in the Reliquary of Remembrance. But this search brings three challenges: the reliquaries only appear in two 60-only areas, the items are BoP, and unlike other treasures the reliquaries don't appear on our in-game maps. WowHead's entry shows us a rudimentary map, but let's step up with a visual guide based on WoWhead's coordinates!

Look for the wide reliquary box with the glowing purple outline in each of the following pics.

Map left area

64.9 26.0: (in underground chamber, and behind the closed door)
reliquary chest 65,26.jpg

64.4 27.6 and 64.8 26.9 and 65.3 27.6: (all locations very close to each other)
reliquary chest 64,28 and 65,27.jpg and 65,28.jpg

62.5 29.1: (The reliquary floats in the air. Goblin glider down to the crook of the arch shown in the first pic, wait out the cooldown, then jump straight up and goblin glide from the crook of the arch to the reliquary to land on top of it. You will stay suspended in the air even after you loot the chest, or even if you get attacked. As soon as you move in a direction, you will fall. Watch @dirtypaws ' video for a similar approach!
reliquary chest 63,29.jpg

65.9 29.2 upper (in the open) and lower (one floor below the upper location, facing the opposite way):
reliquary chest 66,29.jpg

64.8 31.2:
reliquary chest 65,31.jpg

66.6 31.1:
reliquary chest 67,31.jpg

63.5 34.2:
reliquary chest 64,34.jpg

64.2 33.3:
reliquary chest 64,33.jpg

65.9 34.5:
reliquary chest 66,35.jpg

Map right area

76.2 34.2:
reliquary chest 76,34.jpg

77.2 32.8:
reliquary chest 77,33.jpg

79.7 33.8:
reliquary chest 80,34.jpg

76.0 37.9:
reliquary chest 76,38.jpg

76.7 37.5:
reliquary chest 77,38.jpg

77.1 36.2:
reliquary chest 77,36.jpg

78.4 36.3:
reliquary chest 78,36.jpg

80.1 37.1:
reliquary chest 80,37.jpg

76 39, main building northeast side (pin not listed on WoWhead):
reliquary chest right side, main building northeast.jpg

76.0 40.1:
reliquary chest 76,40.jpg

76.6 40.0:
reliquary chest 77,40.jpg

78.0 40.8:
reliquary chest 78,41.jpg

78.9 39.7:
reliquary chest 79,40.jpg

80.4 39.7:
reliquary chest 80,40.jpg

78.2 42.5:
reliquary chest 78 43.jpg

79.0 42.2:
reliquary chest 79,42.jpg

It seems that reliquary boxes spawn every 25-35 minutes, after the previous reliquary box gets looted. It is unknown if reliquaries despawn after a certain amount of time.

Reaching these treasures on a non-endgame character can pose a challenge. Shamans can use their Far Sight spell to scout locations, and @dirtypaws suggested the following:
those chests glow and show even when dead, so I find scouting around as a ghost a really good method to located them in a high level zone (the purple outline really jumps out against the black and white landscape) and it means you know exactly where to suicide run to if its a high level area. And in graphic options, you need the option 'outline mode' set to good, they are almost invisible with no purple if the setting is lowered.

If you discover further treasure hunting suggestions or find new locations, shout out!

Last edited:
Kirise , have you encountered the bugged one floating in the air at 62.52 29.05 ? If so, I have made a quick vid showing how to loot it, if its not looted it will not spawn anywhere else (perhaps a server reset will free it, im not sure).

Kirise , have you encountered the bugged one floating in the air at 62.52 29.05 ? If so, I have made a quick vid showing how to loot it, if its not looted it will not spawn anywhere else (perhaps a server reset will free it, im not sure).

Yep! That's the one at 62.5 29.1. I have a pic and description, and your video does even better -- I'll link that in the guide. Thank you!

Yep! That's the one at 62.5 29.1. I have a pic and description, and your video does even better -- I'll link that in the guide. Thank you!
Ah sorry dude, I missed where you posted it.

I do have another tip, those chests glow and show even when dead, so I find scouting around as a ghost a really good method to located them in a high level zone (the purple outline really jumps out against the black and white landscape) and it means you know exactly where to suicide run to if its a high level area. And in graphic options, you need the option 'outline mode' set to good, they are almost invisible with no purple if the setting is lowered.

Ah sorry dude, I missed where you posted it.

I do have another tip, those chests glow and show even when dead, so I find scouting around as a ghost a really good method to located them in a high level zone (the purple outline really jumps out against the black and white landscape) and it means you know exactly where to suicide run to if its a high level area. And in graphic options, you need the option 'outline mode' set to good, they are almost invisible with no purple if the setting is lowered.

That's a good tip! I'll figure out how to integrate that into the guide.

Are you going after an epic proc shield? I'm having the worst luck with getting one. 115 loots and still no proc. I'm starting to wonder if it actually does proc.

That's a good tip! I'll figure out how to integrate that into the guide.

Are you going after an epic proc shield? I'm having the worst luck with getting one. 115 loots and still no proc. I'm starting to wonder if it actually does proc.
I havnt got a shield to proc no, but I havnt looted it much I been trying to do too many characters and I had some burn out, not been on in a while if im honest. I'll prob give it another go in 9.1, see what changes that brings :)

Sorry for the bump, but do these even still spawn? I've checked almost every spot and waited at one spot for a while now, nothing at all. I imagine these are a shared loot node, but even just waiting they never appear to spawn.

Sorry for the bump, but do these even still spawn? I've checked almost every spot and waited at one spot for a while now, nothing at all. I imagine these are a shared loot node, but even just waiting they never appear to spawn.

To confirm, in case others have this question -- yes. I just got one today (mid-February 2022).

Users who are viewing this thread